Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

Ok so I got my Wii U back from Nintendo repair two days ago. Naturally I was excited. I set it up again and I put BLOPS 2 in the drive and it said it had to perform an update. I clicked OK and it showed Error code 105-0642 and it said it couldn't perform the update and I can't go online.

RAGE METER: 25%

I call Nintendo and ask them about this and it turns out that this particular error code is preventing me from performing updates and downloading games from the Eshop.

RAGE METER: 50%

I take out BLOPS 2 and put in AC3. I start the game and go to the file select and....*drum roll*....MY SAVE DATA IS GONE. I assume that all of my save data is gone as well.

RAGE METER: 75%

And to top it all off....I might be the only person who is suffering from this.

RAGE METER: 99%

I am doing the best that I can by keeping it at 99%. Please, if any of you have any tips...please share them with me.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#2 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

MzZl8CF.jpg

Edited by Duke Nukem, 03 March 2013 - 03:18 PM.

eKsvghU.jpg

#3 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

MzZl8CF.jpg

Lol

#4 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

All I can find was this:

http://techforums.ni...m/message/82295

So many broken Wii U's... Nintendo usually makes reliable hardware!

#5 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

At least it looks like they are on it.  Seems to be a software issue that they are able to remediate on their end once you have a case opened.  Only happening to "repaired" consoles.

#6 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

At least it looks like they are on it.  Seems to be a software issue that they are able to remediate on their end once you have a case opened.  Only happening to "repaired" consoles.

Yeah my Wii U was recently repaired even though i cant tell since i got the wrong Wii U back....

#7 johnodd4

johnodd4

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

That sucks see this is why i don't repair just rebuy because you have a issue let me explain...

1. your save data cannot be transferred sorry its now console locked 

2. your eshop purchases gone as well sorry non transferable now 

3. i would call nintendo and tell them you sent me the wrong console back on top of that you destroyed my save data on top of that i cannot get my shop stuff back fix it or replace it with a new console with all my data back on it or face better business charges for illegal service practices that will get there attention and in the u.k there are consumer rights even that nintendo has to abid from because the goverment says so.

#8 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

That sucks see this is why i don't repair just rebuy because you have a issue let me explain...

1. your save data cannot be transferred sorry its now console locked 

2. your eshop purchases gone as well sorry non transferable now 

3. i would call nintendo and tell them you sent me the wrong console back on top of that you destroyed my save data on top of that i cannot get my shop stuff back fix it or replace it with a new console with all my data back on it or face better business charges for illegal service practices that will get there attention and in the u.k there are consumer rights even that nintendo has to abid from because the goverment says so.

It isn't just the government that provides consumer rights.  I wish people would find another resource when it comes to dealing with these things rather than run straight to the government.

Anyway, If he works with Nintendo and they don't help him at least recover his purchases (save data is gone) he needs to go to either the BBB, or some other private consumer protection agency that can put pressure on Nintendo to make sure that they don't rip people off like this.  They really need to get away from the console lock BS they have right now.  They have to assume that there are going to be hardware failures and that people would like to be able to transfer their purchases to another console if need be.

#9 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

It isn't just the government that provides consumer rights.  I wish people would find another resource when it comes to dealing with these things rather than run straight to the government.

Anyway, If he works with Nintendo and they don't help him at least recover his purchases (save data is gone) he needs to go to either the BBB, or some other private consumer protection agency that can put pressure on Nintendo to make sure that they don't rip people off like this.  They really need to get away from the console lock BS they have right now.  They have to assume that there are going to be hardware failures and that people would like to be able to transfer their purchases to another console if need be.

Did I also mention that when I go into the Eshop it says "You cannot purchase or view information about about this software?"

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Did I also mention that when I go into the Eshop it says "You cannot purchase or view information about about this software?"

Oh that's weird.  Did they allow you to register your NNID you already created on the new console?  If so, maybe the purchase history is there, but it can't allow you to redownload the games.  Is Nintendo helping you with this?  I hope they do, they should have learned with other platforms before that this is not the best way to handle purchases.  On the other hand, because you can store everything on an external hard drive, they had to implement at least a small amount of console locking, at least for the games themselves once they are downloaded, to keep people from passing drives around and redownloading for themselves.  Just a thought, I have no idea why they went the way they did.

Edited by routerbad, 11 March 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#11 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Oh that's weird.  Did they allow you to register your NNID you already created on the new console?  If so, maybe the purchase history is there, but it can't allow you to redownload the games.  Is Nintendo helping you with this?  I hope they do, they should have learned with other platforms before that this is not the best way to handle purchases.  On the other hand, because you can store everything on an external hard drive, they had to implement at least a small amount of console locking, at least for the games themselves once they are downloaded, to keep people from passing drives around and redownloading for themselves.  Just a thought, I have no idea why they went the way they did.

I have never purchased any games off of the Eshop. The only reason I was in there was because the Nintendo rep said that they put $10 on my account and I wanted to see if I could buy the AC3 DLC with that money. But when I pressed AC3 on the Eshop menu, thats when it said "You cannot purchase or view information about this software" again. BTW all of my Wii U games are retail versions not digital.

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

I have never purchased any games off of the Eshop. The only reason I was in there was because the Nintendo rep said that they put $10 on my account and I wanted to see if I could buy the AC3 DLC with that money. But when I pressed AC3 on the Eshop menu, thats when it said "You cannot purchase or view information about this software" again. BTW all of my Wii U games are retail versions not digital.

oh ok.  That's odd.  But they did transfer your NNID to the new console, or you had to create a new one?  If they did transfer the account maybe there is an issue on the backend that is preventing you from looking at eshop content.

#13 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

oh ok.  That's odd.  But they did transfer your NNID to the new console, or you had to create a new one?  If they did transfer the account maybe there is an issue on the backend that is preventing you from looking at eshop content.

I had to link my NNID if that's what you mean.

#14 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Yeah, I kept hearing that they were forcing people to create a new one.

I had to link my NNID if that's what you mean.

#15 jessica2332

jessica2332

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

If you keep getting error 105 try this http://howtofixstuff...r-code-105.html

#16 Jenova

Jenova

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

Ok so I got my Wii U back from Nintendo repair two days ago. Naturally I was excited. I set it up again and I put BLOPS 2 in the drive and it said it had to perform an update. I clicked OK and it showed Error code 105-0642 and it said it couldn't perform the update and I can't go online.

RAGE METER: 25%

I call Nintendo and ask them about this and it turns out that this particular error code is preventing me from performing updates and downloading games from the Eshop.

RAGE METER: 50%

I take out BLOPS 2 and put in AC3. I start the game and go to the file select and....*drum roll*....MY SAVE DATA IS GONE. I assume that all of my save data is gone as well.

RAGE METER: 75%

And to top it all off....I might be the only person who is suffering from this.

RAGE METER: 99%

I am doing the best that I can by keeping it at 99%. Please, if any of you have any tips...please share them with me.

Hey man, just wondering if your 105 0642 error is fixed? If so, would you mind share the way you do it? Thanks very much, this erro4 has bothered me for 3 weeks.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!