coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hello.

I am Sarah and all my life I have played nintendo games. I found these games to be excellent in quality, and just really fun! However, sometimes I get irritated by the wait between each nintendo game that I have my eye on. So, for the Wii U and 3ds I am looking for some suggestions for good 3rd party games! I would appreciate a brief write up of what the game is about and what nintendo games it is similar to. 

Here are my 3ds games:

New Super Mario Bros 2

Mario Kart 7 ( not enjoyed as much)

Kingdom Hearts 3d Dream Drop Distance(I don't like the complicated story. I like an easier to follow story with emphasis on character development)

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

Paper Mario: Sticker Star (terrible game. but I love PM2 and PM1)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (loved it, but I used a guide for most of it)

Want: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d, Animal Crossing: New Leaf

DS games:

Kirby Squeak Squad

Kirby Canvas Curse

Pokemon Ranger (too childish)

Nintendogs

Pokemon Platinum, Black 2, White 2, Black, and Pearl

Digimon world DS (pokemon is better than this...)

Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (never completed)

Fossil Fighters( a bit too childish)

Cooking Mama

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Sky(love the STORY)

Pokemon Mystery dungeon Blue Rescue Team

MarioKart DS(I don't like racing games...)

SimAnimals(a bit bad)

ImagineArtist(don't like. I am an artist but I have Photoshop on my computer so this was disappointing)

Pokemon Conquest-In japanese so unplayable

Okamiden

I think I have a few more but they are not with me right now.

GBA games:

Madagascar(bad)

Pokemon Firered, Ruby, Blue

Wii U: 

Scribblenauts

Nintendo Land

New Super Mario Bros U

Want: Pikmin 3

Wii games:

NSMB wii

Super Mario Galaxy

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Super Paper Mario

and more

Gamecube Games:

Paper Mario 2

Super Mario Sunshine

Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix(I actually loved this game)

and more

PIKMIN 2

So, if you're up for some investigation, can you find me some good games? 

And, if you're still reading, I like psychological thrillers in books, but I am afraid of horror. I don't really play any realistic looking games, and I hope wii u will spread my horizons. I don't think I would like shooters. I am open to a bit more deep/heartwrenching/intense games than the ones I play now since I am almost 15.

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U - This is T rated. As you can see, I'm erring on the side of caution to recommending M rated games like Assassins Creed III because I'm not sure whether your parents want you playing them. So Tekken is a traditional 3d fighter, I'm buying it myself. It seems like a really good game.

#3 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Holy--! Well, If I had a list i would type for 30 minutes straight.

I really don't know what to recommend you, you're 15 and you're asking for non Nintendo games, there isn't much out there for you besides Sonic Colors and Rayman Origins.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#4 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

If you're looking for an AMAZING 3rd party game, I recommend the "Zero Escape" series. It's pretty psychological, and boy... it is good. The first game is for DS, the sequel for 3DS. Both are rated M, so if you're not into games with violence and language, it's not for you.

But seriously, I urge you to get this game.

http://www.amazon.co...S/dp/B003VR5PPY

#5 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U - This is T rated. As you can see, I'm erring on the side of caution to recommending M rated games like Assassins Creed III because I'm not sure whether your parents want you playing them. So Tekken is a traditional 3d fighter, I'm buying it myself. It seems like a really good game.

Thank you. But...I am not very interested in fighting games. 

I have looked at Rayman Legends, and it looks good but seems less about precision than 2d mario. At least, that's how it felt when I played in at gamestop.

I could probably get them to let me play mature games. But, something with a title like Assassin's Creed, probably not. I like the open world idea of AC, but...ehh. Too much violence for my tastes.

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

tumblr_mkprizE7mK1s54ug8o1_500.jpg

I highly suggest pandoras tower. (wii)

Edited by 3Dude, 24 May 2013 - 05:48 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 02:52 AM.

#8 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

If you're looking for an AMAZING 3rd party game, I recommend the "Zero Escape" series. It's pretty psychological, and boy... it is good. The first game is for DS, the sequel for 3DS. Both are rated M, so if you're not into games with violence and language, it's not for you.

But seriously, I urge you to get this game.

http://www.amazon.co...S/dp/B003VR5PPY

Dude...omg. I want this game. I NEED this game. NOW. I don't care if it's rated mature I will get this. Plus, it doesn't seem too bad. Some gore and suggestive themes? It's worth it for the story. THANK YOU.

Holy--! Well, If I had a list i would type for 30 minutes straight.

I really don't know what to recommend you, you're 15 and you're asking for non Nintendo games, there isn't much out there for you besides Sonic Colors and Rayman Origins.

I just looked up sonic colors. Looks pretty good. I'll look into it more.

tumblr_mkprizE7mK1s54ug8o1_500.jpg

I highly suggest pandoras tower.

Pandora's Tower looks okay...but the common concept of "go save the maiden" throws me off a bit. It doesn't seem very...unique at first glace.

Edited by coolsarahkry, 24 May 2013 - 05:57 PM.

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#9 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 02:52 AM.

#10 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Dude...omg. I want this game. I NEED this game. NOW. I don't care if it's rated mature I will get this. Plus, it doesn't seem too bad. Some gore and suggestive themes? It's worth it for the story. THANK YOU.

You won't be disappointed. It's literally one of my favorite series of all time.

#11 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

My sister has this game, so maybe I can borrow it from her sometime!

You won't be disappointed. It's literally one of my favorite series of all time.

My birthday's next week. I'll just...sneak this game onto my birthday list.

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#12 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

You may want to try Fire Emblem: Awakening on your 3DS.  It has rave reviews from pretty much everyone who's played it and is known for good character development.  It's a tactical RPG and a demo is available on the eShop.  I had never played a game with its gameplay style before and was therefore hesitant at first, but I really enjoyed the demo and plan to get the full game sooner or later.  

Edited by kokirii, 24 May 2013 - 06:15 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#13 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

The Arkham Batman games are always fun just to beat up on enemies. And all my yes to Fire Emblem Awakening.  I know it's a Nintendo game but it's definitely one of the best games ever made and you would be crazy not to try it.  

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

I just looked up sonic colors. Looks pretty good. I'll look into it more.

Pandora's Tower looks okay...but the common concept of "go save the maiden" throws me off a bit. It doesn't seem very...unique at first glace.

Thats what i thought at first. I bought it on a whim and was incredibly relieved to see the silly pony media once again 100% wrong on all aspects.

The maiden actually saved the guy, and the guy, while he wants to save the maiden personally, as he owes her a serious life debt (and started to REALLY like her over the years), is actually saving the world from the maiden.

Wonderful work at implementing story into gameplay mechanics here. I decided to spend a little extra time exploring, all because i didnt want to take the 30 seconds to check on her while the meter was a little low... I felt like the worst human being alive. Never again.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Another really fun series is Professor Layton.  There are a number of entries, mostly for DS but the most recent, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, is 3DS.  The games have fun stories and the gameplay centers around point-and-click style exploration and really neat puzzle-solving.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#16 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

Oh yeah i forgot you should definitely check out the Ace Attourney series, since you're old enough to play it I'm sure you'll really love the cast.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#17 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

Ace Attorney games, Professor layton games, Psyconaughts, Harmoknight, Cave Story in Eshop, Okami are a few i can think of at the top of my head.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#18 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:11 AM

Get fire emblem awakening. I had never played one before this one and its all I can play now. I haven't been this I to a game since Pokemon emerald (400 hours). The Arkham games are somewhere between Zelda and assassin's creed so there should plenty of familiar and new for you. They all have great stories too.

I saw you never got spirit tracks. I never finished phantom hourglass, but spirit tracks was much nicer and I thought had a better story.

#19 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Thanks, everyone! I downloaded the Fire Emblem demo and I liked it. I took a look at Pandora's Tower, but I don't really like it. I'm not really into any of the other new suggestions either. 

But please keep suggesting :)

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#20 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

I'd say the first paper Mario, Maro RPG, Kirby crystal shards, World of Goo, Yoshi's Story. you can find them in the Wii Shop in Wii mode (maybe in the Wii U shop, but I'm not holding my breath). they are awesome and worth playing. Little Inferno in the Wii u shop is good too, but you may not like the message.

for Wii games I'd recommend Mario kart Wii, DeBlob, and Wario Land. Endless Oceans is kinda fun to, but I never got far in it. These may be hard to find, however.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nintendo, gaming, selective

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!