#1 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

I really think that they should let you ATLEAST allow you to use the Gamepad screen as a screen whilst playing Wii Games, that would make games like Wii Fit/Plus much better. 

Who's with me?

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:37 AM

Definitely.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

That's why they're going to sell you wii fit u in a few months.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

I would love to be able to.play wii games off tv. Who wouldnt?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • NNID:wombateer
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

I would love to be able to.play wii games off tv. Who wouldnt?

I'm sure an update somewhere down the line will address this. 

#6 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:50 AM

Not that they should charge for it, but I'd pretty much pay Nintendo extra to have this ability. Up to $50. Sometimes you just can't use the TV.

#7 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:54 AM

I wouldn't want that...because it would be odd pointing a wii remote at the gamepad. Unless you meant changing the controls for the gamepad?

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#8 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

I wouldn't want that...because it would be odd pointing a wii remote at the gamepad. Unless you meant changing the controls for the gamepad?

You'd point the Wii remote at the sensor bar, not the Gamepad.

Edited by Amnesia, 02 June 2013 - 04:56 AM.

• Doc likes this

#9 gronik

gronik

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Simon the SorcererTekkenQuintetZelda

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

Either option would be more than acceptable,I certainly wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth! :L

You'd point the Wii remote at the sensor bar, not the Gamepad.

Doesn't the Gamepad's front facing camera double as a sensor bar?

Edited by gronik, 02 June 2013 - 05:05 AM.

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:10 AM

Either option would be more than acceptable,I certainly wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth! :L

Doesn't the Gamepad's front facing camera double as a sensor bar?

eh, yes and no. The camera has nothing to do with it, the ir lights are however, mounted on the same plastic strip the camera is mounted on.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 Viridi

Viridi

Goddess of Nature

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

Wii games on the gamepad would be a cool feature, but I doubt it will happen.

5pjF3yM.png?1?7338

"Nice shot if I do say so myself! Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!"

#12 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

That's why they're going to sell you wii fit u in a few months.

Yea but I want this feature with all Wii games

#13 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

While it would be neat, it more than likely won't happen as most Wii games have programmed motion control in them...which would need extra programming to work with buttons.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#14 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:30 AM

While it would be neat, it more than likely won't happen as most Wii games have programmed motion control in them...which would need extra programming to work with buttons.

What I mean is, you only use the screen,you don't use it as a controller and the Wii U won't read it as a Wiimote. It's as if it's a mini TV screen.

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

That parts pretty easy to get around, particularly since the game pad has motion plus (mems accelerometers and gyroscopes). All the wii u would have to do is send fake initialization reports to trick the game into thinking its a wiimote/nunchuck or classic controller etc. of course swinging the gamepad likely wouldnt be ideal, and there is no pointer, nor seperate nunchuck motion.... But it would work for many, many games, as the vast majority of games these past 7 years spectacularly failed to capitalze on full motion potential. Theres red steel 2, and skyward sword, and thats about it.

But you can still use the wiimotes with wii u, the gamead would just be a screen and sensor bar. It would still allow you to play without taking up the tv.

The real problem is that wii games are incompatable with wii u architecture. They can only run when the machine converts itself into wii mode, and wii mode cant use game pads. Nintendo would have to find a way to run wii games in wii u mode for this to be possible.

That parts pretty easy to get around, particularly since the game pad has motion plus (mems accelerometers and gyroscopes). All the wii u would have to do is send fake initialization reports to trick the game into thinking its a wiimote/nunchuck or classic controller etc. of course swinging the gamepad likely wouldnt be ideal, and there is no pointer, nor seperate nunchuck motion.... But it would work for many, many games, as the vast majority of games these past 7 years spectacularly failed to capitalze on full motion potential. Theres red steel 2, and skyward sword, and thats about it.

But you can still use the wiimotes with wii u, the gamead would just be a screen and sensor bar. It would still allow you to play without taking up the tv.

The real problem is that wii games are incompatable with wii u architecture. They can only run when the machine converts itself into wii mode, and wii mode cant use game pads. Nintendo would have to find a way to run wii games in wii u mode for this to be possible.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 gronik

gronik

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Simon the SorcererTekkenQuintetZelda

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

I have to agree.

I also have this feeling that Nintendo would probably see more profit in just rereleasing a handful of wii games which would work well on the gamepad with an HD update (Not a wind waker scale HD update but a Monster Hunter 3 style one).
Through the eshop. Titles such as Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda Twillight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 etc.

#17 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:48 AM

I have to agree.

I also have this feeling that Nintendo would probably see more profit in just rereleasing a handful of wii games which would work well on the gamepad with an HD update (Not a wind waker scale HD update but a Monster Hunter 3 style one).
Through the eshop. Titles such as Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda Twillight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 etc.

Sorry, but I don't like that idea. Many people would refuse to pay a Wii game they already own. Well that's what I think. I dunno. 

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

Is it?

I think the real reason is Nintendo know the wii was heavily open to pirates, allowing the wii mode to get anywhere near wii u stuff would potentially open that door to the wii u.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

I would LOVE playing super mario galaxy like that XD but with the cursor and motion controls that most wii games have... I doubt it, but hey everything's possible. :)

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#20 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

This is what I want and I really hope Nintendo starts doing it soon (as long as it doesn't interfere with the production of new titles). Who wouldn't want Metroid Prime HD Trilogy, Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword HD double pack, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 HD double pack etc.? Or even just sold separately as eShop titles? The Wii had some of the best Nintendo games ever made and there are definitely some I would rebuy so I could play them in HD and on the gamepad.

Edited by Hunter, 02 June 2013 - 07:13 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii, Wii U, Gamepad, Games, compatibility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!