• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

How did everyone like it? I felt kind of let down to be honest.. I was not expecting or wanting another platformer.. I thought Nintendo would innovate and do something different like put Mario in a real world city like new York and have Bowser try and take over the city or something..

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

At first I was like "Ooooooh.......A 3D land port...." Then i saw Peach playable I was like "WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE!?" I'm actually gonna buy it, WAAAAAAAAY better than a stupid side scrolling co op game with "Pop Pop!" soundtrack. Atleast Peach isn't a damsel in distress in this game.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

Meh... I mean, multiplayer is great, but the look and feel of Super Mario 3D Land and World just aren't doing it for me. Maybe it'll grow on me... We can only hope! :)

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

looks cute and fun, and i am sure it will include a lot of features and challenges.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

I was hoping for something new!!!! GOD DAMMIT! I Loved 3D Land but was expecting something new and better for the Wii U. X and Smash is now the two only titles that *RELY* interests me for the Wii U

#6 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

I feel betrayed, nothing at the direct was in anyway innovative or jaw dropping, guess we have to wait for E3 2014 :(

I feel betrayed, nothing at the direct was in anyway innovative or jaw dropping, guess we have to wait for E3 2014 :(

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

The level design was pretty amazing TBH. The graphics rock. But this is nowhere as amazing as SMG series. 

I'll still buy it tho.

No sig.

#8 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

This was incredibly underwhelming.

Not only are they continuing the linear Mario 3D platformers (as opposed to the design of Super Mario 64 and Sunshine, which set them so far apart from the 2D series), they're continuing the 3DS series of 3D Land.

This is the first time we've gotten a 3D Mario on the console as a followup to another. It's no wonder this didn't blow anybody's minds. The thought of this being what is supposed to be the Wii U's definitive 3D Mario game is very disappointing and flat out embarrassing...

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#9 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:42 AM

I like it. I have to say it wasn't what I expected to see in a 3D Mario game, but I'm liking the idea of playing as Peach in a Mario platformer (I'm not counting SPP since Mario wasn't playable in it) for the first time since SMB2.

There were a lot of games I saw that I want to get for the Wii U in the future.

Edited by SDDMN, 11 June 2013 - 07:43 AM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#10 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:48 AM

Really disappointed. After the perfection that is the Galaxy games, they give us a glorified 3D Land port!? REALLY!?

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

How did everyone like it? I felt kind of let down to be honest.. I was not expecting or wanting another platformer.. I thought Nintendo would innovate and do something different like put Mario in a real world city like new York and have Bowser try and take over the city or something..

Rein in your expectations.
Nintendo aren't going to change everything about their main character.

Looks like a little bit of a leap away from what they've been doing with mario though.
I liked 3dland.
It makes a lot more sense than a real 3d mario game this soon after launch.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

It's amazing simply put.

Some of the best, perfectly rounded 3d graphics around, faithful to the Mario series,

Gave people what they wanted in a true next gen successor to Mario 64, etc.

I'm actually amazed by the graphics in this game and those of x. Seriously beautiful, next gen graphics that show the power I'd the wii u. X does so obviously, but Mario does as well. It's just not so in your face.

Thought the Mario kart game looked great as well.

The only disappointment to me was Retro. That probably isn't the only game they're working on... Lol

#13 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

It's amazing simply put.

Some of the best, perfectly rounded 3d graphics around, faithful to the Mario series,

Gave people what they wanted in a true next gen successor to Mario 64, etc.

I'm actually amazed by the graphics in this game and those of x. Seriously beautiful, next gen graphics that show the power I'd the wii u. X does so obviously, but Mario does as well. It's just not so in your face.

Thought the Mario kart game looked great as well.

The only disappointment to me was Retro. That probably isn't the only game they're working on... Lol

I agree. People need to remember Nintendo already has their console out. MS and Sony's e3 seems a bit bigger because there were a lot more UNKNOWNS.

Metroid, and Starfox will come in time, but for now there are plenty of great games to be played, with beautiful graphics and amazing gameplay.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#14 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

Rein in your expectations.
Nintendo aren't going to change everything about their main character.

Looks like a little bit of a leap away from what they've been doing with mario though.
I liked 3dland.
It makes a lot more sense than a real 3d mario game this soon after launch.

How is it a change?

#15 zealduke

zealduke

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • NNID:Zealduke

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

Might as well call it NSMBU 3d.  Looked pretty linear and also like it only had 3 camera angles

#16 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

Might as well call it NSMBU 3d.  Looked pretty linear and also like it only had 3 camera angles

^This, so much this.

Not only is it sad that Nintendo is continuing down the path of linear level designs, now they're continuing down the line of New Super Mario Bros. This looks like a New Super Mario Bros.-like sequel. If this is really what is to become of the 3D Mario series, it's very sad.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#17 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

Cat Mario is so cute.

Signature_DK.png

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

How is it a change?

From NSMBU to 3dWorld it's a large change.
From Mario 64 to 3dWorld maybe not so much.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

I wouldn't even call it "New" Mario apart from that cat thing. It's basically a 3D Land remake.

#20 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

I think I'm the only one who is really excited about this. It has co-op in a 3D Mario game. I absolutely loved 3D Land, so I don't mind a sequel. The graphics look amazing, and the game looks like a lit of fun.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!