#1 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

So I think I should start off with saying I have no bias what so ever I own ps3, wii U, and xbox 360, and I have no brand loyalty so this is a 100% un-biased review. So stating that lets get started; so I figured I would break this up into parts just so if you dont care about one you can skip to another

Games:

- There is a lot coming to WiiU in the rest of this year and 2014 for example Bayonetta 2, Smash bros, New Super Luigi U etc.

-Also something I like is there is a lot of variety coming to the WiiU its not just shooter after shooter; they are doing fighting games, strategy games, and platformers.

-But to downplay it the launch was in my opinion very lack luster with delays of great games like pikimin 3 and Wonderful 101.

-Also I know most people who bought a WiiU know how Nintendo works and know that they won't be getting all the triple A 3rd party titles like GTA5 and Battlefield and I know that when I bought this console I was buying it for the Nintendo exclusives but that being said it is still important to have 3rd party support for people who only buy one console.

Hardware:

- First plus is that this console came with an HDMI good job nintendo you're doing it right

-The seond thing is the elephant in the room... The specs and I'm not the type of guy that knows everything about specs but it is very obvious that the WiiU is underpowered compared to other consoles especially because of the ps4 which has better specs but will only cost $50 more and of course the gamepad costs extra but I will talk about the gamepad later don't get me wrong I expected there the console to have less power  its just the way Nintendo is they are about inovation and I knew it when I decided to get the WiiU

Gamepad:

- I'm going to say this now I see a lot of potential for the gamepad but the thing is so far I feel Nintendo should have just used the WiiU pro controller and take $50 off the WiiU so the reason I'm saying this is because no developer has used the WiiU gamepad to its full potential yet it just feels like something that can be used well but just ends up being a feature they think about afterwords like just adding a mini map which I rarley look down at so I'm saying this now but as soon as a developer uses the WiiU gamepad in a interesting and unique way I will change my mind and say that the WiiU gamepad is worth the money

-The gamepad is very comfortable the touch screen is easy to reach its light the only problem I have with the gamepad is the choice to not use analog triggers which sucks for racers but its not a big deal to me

Misc.

- The internet browser is absolutley amazing with fast load times and easy controls and no history ( if you know what I mean) just kidding

-The Miiverse community is AMAZING I see even more potential with it and I cant wait the people using it are extremley nice and supportive there are tons of cool drawings and litteral masterpeices and soon they will be able to use art academy to show off there amazing drawings and paintings also with the ability to stop mid game and take screen captures its very cool

Verdict:

- I see a lot of potential in the WiiU it has some really cool features like Miiverse and the internet browser it struggled at the start but there are alot of good games coming soon I would sugest waiting a little maybe for christmas this year but if I had to give it a score which is just for now because my opinion may change due to releases and new features so for now its a 6.7/10 also if you've read this far then if you disagree and would like to debate then I am open to it and you may sway my veiws and the score of the system if I forgot anything tell me and I'll chage this article type thing soooooo thats it bye

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

The Wii U should be amazing once Mario Kart 8 comes.

#3 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

agreed I loved mario kart 7 on 3ds can't wait to play 8 looks amazing

#4 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Great Review, even though many feel not much is being done with the pad yet, I am very happy with it already for off tv gaming ... no other system has mastered that yet except Nintendo at this point. No other system allows for video chat from a systems control pad either. Although it may not seem revolutionry, using the pad to display a world map is very convenient and it is uses like these I know I already like, I may not like some of the wacky uses of the pad to come in the future .... hehe

I was really hoping that when mario went down a pipe in Mario Wii U that it would appear on the pad and when he was above ground, it would appear on the TV ... like in the DSI games ... but I think things like that are coming...

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

I think most people will agree on the Gamepad and current game library being the 2 weakest links. I'm looking forward to all the great games coming out from September through the holidays and into the new year...however, in saying that. Nintendo needs to keep the titles rolling. If we are going to have 4 months of hot titles followed by 8 months of barely anything every year..thats a problem.

The Gamepad has been very under utilized, what upsets me is even Nintendo themselves have barely utilized it after all the hype they gave it...and if they don't utilize it..how can they expect other publishers to? It may not be a bad idea to push a system update that allows you to switch the mode of the Wii U from Gamepad controlled to Pro controller controlled and then release a new bundle around the $299 mark packaged with the pro and not the gamepad.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

Great Review, even though many feel not much is being done with the pad yet, I am very happy with it already for off tv gaming ... no other system has mastered that yet except Nintendo at this point. No other system allows for video chat from a systems control pad either. Although it may not seem revolutionry, using the pad to display a world map is very convenient and it is uses like these I know I already like, I may not like some of the wacky uses of the pad to come in the future .... hehe

I was really hoping that when mario went down a pipe in Mario Wii U that it would appear on the pad and when he was above ground, it would appear on the TV ... like in the DSI games ... but I think things like that are coming...

I agree with you but there is still more to be desired like besides the chat app which I forgot to mention in my review sorry, no games have used the webcam or mic to my knowledge at least and I defintley agree the map is convienent especially for monster hunter ultimate great game by the way and that game used it very well but I see even more potential and inovation

#7 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Are peple not liking the gamepad itself? Or just not liking the fact that its not being used to its potential?

nbond3040, on 15 Jul 2013 - 9:40 PM, said:I agree with you but there is still more to be desired like besides the chat app which I forgot to mention in my review sorry, no games have used the webcam or mic to my knowledge at least and I defintley agree the map is convienent especially for monster hunter ultimate great game by the way and that game used it very well but I see even more potential and inovation
nbond3040, on 15 Jul 2013 - 9:40 PM, said:I agree with you but there is still more to be desired like besides the chat app which I forgot to mention in my review sorry, no games have used the webcam or mic to my knowledge at least and I defintley agree the map is convienent especially for monster hunter ultimate great game by the way and that game used it very well but I see even more potential and inovation

Did you know you can use the pad to chat with peple in your friends list ... video chst outside a game?

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#8 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

Are peple not liking the gamepad itself? Or just not liking the fact that its not being used to its potential?

Did you know you can use the pad to chat with peple in your friends list ... video chst outside a game?

I personally like the game pad I just think that it could be used for more than just a map I dont know what because I'm not creative but something that is really inovative and uses all of the gamepads features like webcam and mic and touchscreen and we havent seen anything from nfc yet but the gamepad itself is really good like the build quality is nice its light the only thing I dont like is the triggers arent analog

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

Awesome review with some very good points dude :D

#10 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts