Photo

Cant play MH3 without a laptop besides me!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Hallo everyone.

Okay, this is really taking the joy out of this game for me.

I have around 14hours of total played time on my character in Monter Hunter 3 Ultimate. 

almost all quests besides those where you ''just'' have to kill a certain monster, i have to look then up on youtube, before i can complete them. 

I just cant find things! 

For example i just had a quest where i needed to bring 2 eggs for some women who needed it for her food recipe. At a tree in the ocean in (cant remember the name). Anyway, i just have to look these things up ALL the time. Its really annoying. I can look at all the places and still dont see where my things is. 

Am i just stupid, or is it common in this game, you have to look things up on the internet at times?

I have heard all this about games today expect things served on a silver plated, i am not like that, but on a console game, i dont like that i cant play, without having to look most things up. 

Edited by Marcus Noer, 31 July 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#2 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

Well, I guess it depends on the person playing. I personally never had to look at a guide to know what to do. I found more enjoyment out of finding things myself. But the quest usually tells you what to do before you accept it, so it's really hard to not know what to do.

#3 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

Well, I guess it depends on the person playing. I personally never had to look at a guide to know what to do. I found more enjoyment out of finding things myself. But the quest usually tells you what to do before you accept it, so it's really hard to not know what to do.

It still dosnt say where to go or anything. 

A quest could say like this: 

The captain needs a potato for his fish n chips, he have had a long journey and need you to help him. Potatos are in the forgotten land at the lost land.

This is just an example

And i dont know where these places is, would be easier if they added zone numbers, would help me aloot 

Edited by Marcus Noer, 31 July 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#4 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

When it comes to item location, you will either memorize it as you go, or you will never need that item again.  After a couple times of needing an item you'll just naturally memorize it.  Even if you don't, just google, "mh3u (thing you need)" and the first hit will give you location.  There isn't many non-hunt quests that are required and they're mostly in the beginning.  Once you get going it should get a little better.

Example:

Herbivore egg hunt quest

Google "mh3u herbivore eggs"

first hit is gamefaqs saying area 7 by the tree

Anytime you need an item, I guarantee someone has already asked it somewhere and been answered.  If that doesn't work, ask miiverse or us here.

Edited by Lightning_Ninja, 31 July 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#5 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

When it comes to item location, you will either memorize it as you go, or you will never need that item again.  After a couple times of needing an item you'll just naturally memorize it.  Even if you don't, just google, "mh3u (thing you need)" and the first hit will give you location.  There isn't many non-hunt quests that are required and they're mostly in the beginning.  Once you get going it should get a little better.

Example:

Herbivore egg hunt quest

Google "mh3u herbivore eggs"

first hit is gamefaqs saying area 7 by the tree

Anytime you need an item, I guarantee someone has already asked it somewhere and been answered.  If that doesn't work, ask miiverse or us here.

I know i can google, thats what i have done so far. But its taking away the joy that you just cant play the game without constantly need a laptop beside you. 

Well, i hope those quest will be more less and  less as the time goes as you say. 

I am currently at the 3 quests section in offline mode if you understand. 

Edited by Marcus Noer, 31 July 2013 - 01:47 PM.

#6 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

I for one cannot get past Trapping a Trickster to save my life (I have about nineteen hours in), it's embarrassing. 

#7 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

I took a look at the quest list.  There's two gathering quests in four star, a required one in five star, and then maybe 1 per rank through to eight star.  It's like 95% hunting after 4 star.  The only other thing is there are villager requests that are required to fulfill at certain points.   Not many though and the only thing that might be a pain is when you need to get a sharqskin.  The only gathering you might have to do is when you need something for armor or weapon upgrades.  Most of the time its just getting parts from monsters.

Looking at quests in Tanzia Port, theres a couple in one star, and besides the paw pass tours and some event quests it's all hunting from then on.

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

Whats the laptop for? Use the wii u browser.

I never ran into that problem as the first thing i did whenever i opened a new area for the first time was the harvest tour. I wanted to know what was where, so I hit the gathering spots in each area.

The gathering spots for wyvern eggs and powder stones never change,so fiding it once is all it takes.

Also, play with other people to learn the ropes.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

I for one cannot get past Trapping a Trickster to save my life (I have about nineteen hours in), it's embarrassing. 

Don't know how to capture or are you killing the Peco too quickly? Or something completely different, of course.

If the former: Whenever the monster is low enough on health, catch it in a trap (Shock or Pitfall, either works), then toss Tranq Bombs at it. Typically takes two, though RARELY it takes three. 

If the latter: Get Great Jaggi armor. It gives you an ability that tells you when a painted monster is low on health. The symbol on the screen will start blinking white instead of just staying pink.

#10 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Don't know how to capture or are you killing the Peco too quickly? Or something completely different, of course.

If the former: Whenever the monster is low enough on health, catch it in a trap (Shock or Pitfall, either works), then toss Tranq Bombs at it. Typically takes two, though RARELY it takes three. 

If the latter: Get Great Jaggi armor. It gives you an ability that tells you when a painted monster is low on health. The symbol on the screen will start blinking white instead of just staying pink.

The problem is that it just doesn't want to get low enough to capture, and it's a pain to juggle items (Reggie help you if you mess up using a Sonic Bomb). I guess that I'm not good at these kinds of games. 

#11 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

I personally don't mind using my laptop for MH3U because it means the game simply has depth and it's a JRPG but I do understand that it could be made to be more Western friendly like World of Warcraft for example. 

#12 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:09 AM

Use the browser or miiverse if you get a little lost. Would recommend miiverse it's more fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!