• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

Well as you all know, windows 8 is really bad. At least in most people's opinions. And starting last year when i joined this forum, i just got a brand new HP Pavilion, With windows 8 on it. I enjoyed it at first until the cheaply made computer starting to become a piece of crap, But this is not about the computer, this is about windows 8. Just about a little over a week ago, i was signing on to my computer to check something, Now keep in mind i have already had a lot of problems with windows 8 before, when i put it in sleep mode it would shut down by it's self, when i shut it down it wouldn't shut down so i would have to force it to etc. But when i turned on my computer a week ago to check it, it was acting fine, until i logged in, So i typed in my pass for the computer, continued playing my game while waiting for it to login, and it was stuck on "Loading..." For over 5 minutes, Literally. So i force shut it down because of it freezing, turn it back on, and it says "Configuring windows updates" It didn't even update. So i brushed it off and it did it's thing, it finally loaded back to the log in menu, i click on my profile, type in my pass and it log's in, But, It starts going crazy, i can't click anything, the screen is flashing, going back and forth between the start menu and the desktop. Leaving my computer useless. So now i'm gonna have to go through a bunch of bull crap steps just to get it working again. Haven't even had the stupid thing for a year and it's already crap. So word of the wise, Don't buy HP or Windows 8!

So until then i will be on my brother's computer.

Edited by Toon Link, 25 September 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#2 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

I vowed to never use Windows 8 because Gabe Newell said he hated it and Steam won't work with it.

Also I have an HP laptop and works fine.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#3 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

I vowed to never use Windows 8 because Gabe Newell said he hated it and Steam won't work with it.

Yet steam works fine with windows 8

kk

794144.png?13383682

#4 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

My HP work*ed* fine, But it was $450, Made of the cheapest plastic you can find, a horrible cracky sounding keyboard, and the mouse button broke.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Koopaman theMalevolent One, on 25 Sept 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

He never said that.
He said it was stupid and about the worst thing to happen the PC.

Sounds like a hardware problem, link.

btw, turkey.

Edited by Nollog, 25 September 2013 - 03:07 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

That sounds like you have a ton of viruses, combined with cheap hardware.

Windows 8 is okay if you know how to use it.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#7 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

He never said that.
He said it was stupid and about the worst thing to happen the PC.

Sounds like a hardware problem, link.

btw, turkey.

Yeah that's what my dad said, a hardware problem. I can't exactly remember what he said but either way, Windows 8 sucks.

#8 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

You probably had tons of viruses. 

Edited by Fieryguns, 25 September 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#9 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

That'll be $13.95.

Including my fries?

Spoiler

Edited by Titan, 25 September 2013 - 03:25 PM.

by chance

#10 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

That sounds like you have a ton of viruses, combined with cheap hardware.

Windows 8 is okay if you know how to use it.

There isn't any virus's on it.

#11 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

Windows 8 really isn't that bad. It's finicky to use with a mouse, but considering its really was built around touch. Several who hated Win 8 and then actually gave it a full hearted chance actually fell in love. 

There is some stuff I don't like, like how consumery Windows has gotten, like their Paint application. But once you learn the in and outs on the operating systems its not as bad as it was on glance.

Stupid Snowmads!

#12 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Windows 8 really isn't that bad. It's finicky to use with a mouse, but considering its really was built around touch. Several who hated Win 8 and then actually gave it a full hearted chance actually fell in love. 

There is some stuff I don't like, like how consumery Windows has gotten, like their Paint application. But once you learn the in and outs on the operating systems its not as bad as it was on glance.

I've used it nearly a Year. And it is absolutely horrible.

#13 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

Well, that's just your opinion.

I really think your PC is just really messed up with viruses, or the specs are terrible. I had a HP laptop and it broke in about a year, i've been using an HP desktop ever since and it's worked pretty great. I'm guessing they just do really bad with laptops in general.

794144.png?13383682

#14 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Well, that's just your opinion.

I really think your PC is just really messed up with viruses, or the specs are terrible. I had a HP laptop and it broke in about a year, i've been using an HP desktop ever since and it's worked pretty great. I'm guessing they just do really bad with laptops in general.

It doesn't have viruses. I would've known if it did. If you would read my other posts then you would've saw that i said my dad know's what the problem is. When it "Configured" the updates it probably messed up one of the drivers.

#15 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

It doesn't have viruses. I would've known if it did. If you would read my other posts then you would've saw that i said my dad know's what the problem is. When it "Configured" the updates it probably messed up one of the drivers.

Do you use a anti-virus program?

794144.png?13383682

#16 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

Do you use a anti-virus program?

Yes, Never once warned that my computer might be infected, never once noticed any signs of one. It's not a virus, I know it isn't. It can be fixed. 

#17 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Yes, Never once warned that my computer might be infected, never once noticed any signs of one. It's not a virus, I know it isn't. It can be fixed. 

Then problem solved, windows 8 is great again

794144.png?13383682

#18 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

Then problem solved, windows 8 is great again

Are you serious? This problem shouldn't have even happened in the first place. And this isn't even the only problem i had with it. It's horrible.

#19 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

I've had windows 8 since last fall and don't mind it. It's a quick boot and i mostly stay in desktop mode anyways.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#20 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

I've had windows 8 since last fall and don't mind it. It's a quick boot and i mostly stay in desktop mode anywayes

Yes, i do to. But still, it's bad.

Edited by Toon Link, 25 September 2013 - 05:05 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, is, horrible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!