Photo

Anything needed to know before purchasing a Wii U?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 justin12399

justin12399

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Is there anything I need to know before getting a Wii U Deluxe? If so please state them here. I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

Thanks.

#2 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

you must buy wonderful 101 !  that is all! 

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

DO NOT switch off the console when it's updating, if you do it turns into a useless brick. 

Change the settings so it doesn't automatically turn off after 1 hour (This can be bad, for example you're playing a game you've played hours on, didn't save, you go out for an hour for shopping, come back and you're Wii U is now off and you've lost your save data)

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 justin12399

justin12399

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

you must buy wonderful 101 !  that is all! 

DO NOT switch off the console when it's updating, if you do it turns into a useless brick. 

Change the settings so it doesn't automatically turn off after 1 hour (This can be bad, for example you're playing a game you've played hours on, didn't save, you go out for an hour for shopping, come back and you're Wii U is now off and you've lost your save data)

Thanks for the info guys! I cannot wait to purchase a Wii U and be part of this community!!

#5 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

You won't regret it! you are getting in at a good time.  reduced price plus extra games with the bundle.  I think Nintendo Land is a good game for $30 as an intro to the system.  But if you have other interests and are on a budget, maybe go ahead and skip it.  There's a lot of last year's games going for under $30, some under $20 even.

#6 Lykes

Lykes

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

How's the visual experience with Wii games? Are they slightly better when it comes to the image resolution?
Although I have to wait 3 more weeks to get the Wii U, I can't prevent myself from absorbing as much information as possible.

Do you read me? Are you prepared?

HOW LONG WILL YOU SURVIVE?

#7 TelkEvolon

TelkEvolon

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

Look forward to having you here pal and yeah, we're getting a solid selection and variety of games on the system now, just before all the massive titles start flowing next year.

As for the visuals, they are about on par with the current generation and maybe even a little better in some places. Also much like with the other consoles, the exclusives titles are the real stand-out when it comes to looks, everything is crisp & clear with a great depth and emphasis place on color.

Edited by TelkEvolon, 06 November 2013 - 09:48 PM.

"Each generation wants new symbols, new people, new names. They want to divorce themselves from their predecessors."

- Jim Morrison

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Really think your Nintendo ID through. you can't change your username, and if you delete your account your eShop purchases are gone. And Nintendo IDs can't be transferred to a different console. 

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:20 AM

How's the visual experience with Wii games? Are they slightly better when it comes to the image resolution?
Although I have to wait 3 more weeks to get the Wii U, I can't prevent myself from absorbing as much information as possible.

The Wii games come out exactly the same as before, but they look crisp on the GamePad and though the HDMI they're slightly upscaled (barely noticeable, though).

Edited by R00bot, 07 November 2013 - 02:20 AM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#10 justin12399

justin12399

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

What bundle would be the best bundle to get? I'm thinking of the Wind Waker bundle.

#11 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

I don't think you go wrong with either Mario or Wind Waker.  I think I would have gotten Mario, b/c that's what I would have gotten anyway, plus Luigi.  I've never played a zelda game, but it has gotten great reviews, so if that's more your thing, go with that.  As I said above, I think $30 for NintendoLand is a good deal too.

What bundle would be the best bundle to get? I'm thinking of the Wind Waker bundle.

#12 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

You cant really go wrong with either, I wasn't overly impressed with Mario but it was still decent to play. 

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

I've never played a zelda game

You are the 1%.

Unless you've played the ever superior Darksiders then you are the 1%.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

I'm a casual gamer, even by Nintendo standards.  I've owned Gameboy, SNES, Gameboy Advance and got a Wii very late in the life cycle.  Owning the Wii U has led to a video game "rebirth" of sorts for me.  I enjoyed it so much, I went on and got a 3ds.  So, I'm not sure which zelda I should try first- Wind Waker, Link Between Worlds, the current zelda on 3ds (Octrina?) wait for the new zelda coming out next year b/c I have a ton of games to play anyway....

You are the 1%.

Unless you've played the ever superior Darksiders then you are the 1%.

#15 justin12399

justin12399

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

I have Ocarina of Time saved on my SD card. I purchased the game off of the wii store and I was wondering if it is possible to play ocarina of time off the SD card on a Wii U?

I have Ocarina of Time saved on my SD card. I purchased the game off of the wii store and I was wondering if it is possible to play ocarina of time off the SD card on a Wii U?

Sorry for the double post but I really need to know.

#16 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

If you preform a system transfer then yes.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#17 justin12399

justin12399

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

So to do a system transfer, would I still need my Wii?

#18 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

So to do a system transfer, would I still need my Wii?

Yes, you still need your Wii for this. I believe Nintendo gives some kind of instruction with the WiiU on how to do a system transfer. Also, you'll need an SD card (2GB or less - the Wii isn't compatible with higher capacities) to transfer some data between both consoles.

WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#19 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

Get Mario 3d world, Zelda WW hd, Pikmin 3, and arkham origins.

#20 justin12399

justin12399

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

Yes, you still need your Wii for this. I believe Nintendo gives some kind of instruction with the WiiU on how to do a system transfer. Also, you'll need an SD card (2GB or less - the Wii isn't compatible with higher capacities) to transfer some data between both consoles.

Darn it. I'm selling my Wii before I get my Wii U.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!