Photo

power LED on Wii U console sometimes orange?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 snookie

snookie

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:53 AM

Hi guys, 

normally the power led of the console is red or blue, but sometimes it turns orange for some reason....if it does, 

my television loses the Wii U signal, and my television then focuses on the loss of that signal...which

is very annoying because the program or movie we were following on television will get interrupted till 

we set back the television manually or the Wii U generates back the signal. It generates the signal again, when the LED turns

again red or blue....this usually happens atomatically after approximately 5 to 10 seconds.

What does the orange LED means? I also checked the battery of litium battery of the console and it still ok (3.1V)?

thanks. 

#2 snookie

snookie

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:00 AM

do you mean that the battery of the console is charging?

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

Ignore chahwaner completely

The reason your Wii U sometimes has an orange light is because it's downloaded an update/patch/demo/game for you to use/play next time you get back on it, for example Nintendo has made it so it automatically downloaded Wii Sports Club into every Wii U. 

So if you're using the internet to make your cable or smart tv work, it's most likely using all of your internets power. You can turn this off in the settings if you want. It's probably best for you to do this if it's messing up with your TV when you're watching it.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 snookie

snookie

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

ok, thanks for the quick answer, gonna try to disable the automatic download setting tonight.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

It's sleepmode downloads.

--Chahwaner for bot of the year 2013.

ok, thanks for the quick answer, gonna try to disable the automatic download setting tonight.

It (by default) checks for internet connectivity once every 6 hours, and if there are updates, will download them.

Ignore the part about always using all of your internet power from the chrop, that's exaggerated.

Just keep it in mind if your Internet provider limits your usage in any way.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

Ignore the part about always using all of your internet power from the chrop, that's exaggerated

Try living in my house with my internet, I have a hard time playing online games while it's downloading XD 2000 Ms Ftw!

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#7 snookie

snookie

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

i checked the behaviour of my console and it turns orange every hour for about a minute....so not every 6 hours....found the solution in 

http://www.nintendo....e.jsp&l=English

thanks guys.

#8 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yea its the auto  update stuff.

One thing about auto update is it should download and install so that you dont have to do it the next time your on it.

But yea i turn it all off on mines.

I did have my original wii pop on in the middle of the night with its green led and glowing blue slot drive.

Freak me out since i havent touch the wii in a long time.

Try living in my house with my internet, I have a hard time playing online games while it's downloading XD 2000 Ms Ftw!

ha. i remember i was playing online and someone jump on to download something and i start lagging so bad i would see a person on screen and empty a clip on them, only to find out i was already shot dead and they went off to shot 3 other people on the other side of the screen lol.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!