Photo

Super Mario Kart First Impressions Review

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Super Mario Kart First Impressions Review (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you got Super Mario Kart VC On Wii U

1. Yes (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. No (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MRNYY42

MRNYY42

Gym Leader

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • NNID:MRNYY42
  • Fandom:
    Electric Type Gym Leader [Kalos Region]

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

Hi, Im  MRNYY42 And today  im reviewing Super Mario Kart , oringinaly released on the SNES 16 bit  console it was and still is one of the best ever made according to my parents :) Now its made its  Wii U EShop debut.

starting the game on 50cc and getting used to using B insted of the A button to select was confusing  but after a race i was getting the hang of the  diffrent buttons i also liked How you have the option to jdrift using to jump button 

Electric Type Gym Leader [Kalos Region]

#2 EskobarM92

EskobarM92

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • NNID:EskobarM92

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:07 AM

Yes, I play it for the first time on Wii U :)

Not bad for such an old game.

Got the discount offer on MK8. I hope it works (still full price). If its not fixed by launch I'll buy it but if its full price then it's last time I do this offer. But I have faith in Nintendo so I'm 90% certain it works.

Edited by EskobarM92, 26 May 2014 - 07:40 AM.

Eskobar+M92.png

Wii U: EskobarM92, Xbox One: Eskobar M92, PS4: Eskobar-M92

#3 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:45 PM

It looks amazing visually, but it seems to lack innovation.

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

It looks amazing visually, but it seems to lack innovation.

WTF are you even talking about? Do you even know the definition of innovative at all?

It created the kart racing sub genre. Right after SMK We got Atari Kart,Sonic Drift,Wacky Wheels and others. Clones up the wazoo and to this day we get clones after clone. Hell even Rare who was part of Nintendo then wanted some of the action with Diddy Kong Racing.

SMK is the very definition of innovative.

#5 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

WTF are you even talking about? Do you even know the definition of innovative at all?
It created the kart racing sub genre. Right after SMK We got Atari Kart,Sonic Drift,Wacky Wheels and others. Clones up the wazoo and to this day we get clones after clone. Hell even Rare who was part of Nintendo then wanted some of the action with Diddy Kong Racing.

SMK is the very definition of innovative.

Oh snap lol didn't even notice which Kart the conversation was about. I thought it was the new one, hence the looks "amazing" part :).

#6 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

When I was a kid I put hundreds and hundreds of hours into playing Mario Kart on the SNES.

What I loved about it was there was much more skill involved and less luck compared to newer kart games - there was no blue shell to prevent someone from getting a huge 1st place lead and item drops overall were much rarer (you got one per lap or so, in MK8 you get more like 3 per lap).

Also items were less powerful. The only super powerful/race changing items were the lightning bolt and star which were rare to get. Usually you got a green shell, a banana, a useless feather, or a useful red shell.

I haven't rebought it, but since my SNES stopped working this year I may consider it although MK8 is keeping me very busy nowadays.

Edited by alex15810, 13 June 2014 - 12:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!