• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 TheAmericaMan

TheAmericaMan

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

As soon as I got on this morning there was an update. Immediately after I went to start up my wii menu. As soon as I got there everything had gone to a pinkish purple color and green. I have had my Wii U for over a year now and I have used the exact same TV. So why all of a sudden did it do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by TheAmericaMan, 03 June 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#2 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

As soon as I got on this morning there was an update. Immediately after it went to start up my wii menu. As soon as I got there everything has gone to a pinkish purple color and green. I have had my Wii U fr over a year now and I have sued the exact same TV. So why all of a sudden did it do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

maybe its your TV, Try a different TV.

#3 TheAmericaMan

TheAmericaMan

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

maybe its your TV, Try a different TV.

But why all of a sudden would my TV not be compatible with the wii mode when it has been for over a year.

#4 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

But why all of a sudden would my TV not be compatible with the wii mode when it has been for over a year.

Am not sure but i had a similar issue in the past here are some solutions

1.Switch off the system and Switch it back on

2.Switched to non-hdmi display output

3.play the Wii game on the gamepad(as final solution)

If non of those dont work call nintendo

#5 TheAmericaMan

TheAmericaMan

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

Am not sure but i had a similar issue in the past here are some solutions

1.Switch off the system and Switch it back on

2.Switched to non-hdmi display output

3.play the Wii game on the gamepad(as final solution)

If non of those dont work call nintendo

I did swap it to 480p and It does play in color but makes my games look blocky and distorted. I am seriously upset that this happened out of nowhere and has no good reason for doing so. I also often play between Wii and Wii U games and never had to change an option in the past. Is it possible to remove the last update?

#6 Chronozoah

Chronozoah

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • NNID:Chronozoah

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

It is not possible to remove the data from previous firmware updates.

Your issue is certainly a peculiar one. It is probably wise at this stage to contact customer support and see if they can shed any light on the situation.

Edited by Chronozoah, 03 June 2014 - 03:41 PM.

Assume that every post of mine is sarcastic or made playing devil's advocate.

including this one

#7 TheAmericaMan

TheAmericaMan

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:16 PM

It is not possible to remove the data from previous firmware updates.

Your issue is certainly a peculiar one. It is probably wise at this stage to contact customer support  and see if they can shed any light on the situation.

I guess i'll write a complaint. I was on hold with their help-line for an hour and a half with no answer so we will see.

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

Odd. Just to be sure, you either don't have component cables or you checked the cable connections right?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

Your description sounds like a loose connection, check all your wires.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

as every one said check your connection

#11 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

Maybe it's your HDMI cable? If your cables are all plugged in and stuff, try changing the plugs back to how they were on the Wii but put it in the Wii U.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#12 TheAmericaMan

TheAmericaMan

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Maybe it's your HDMI cable? If your cables are all plugged in and stuff, try changing the plugs back to how they were on the Wii but put it in the Wii U.

I am using HDMI and I secured everything and checked again. I also swapped out the HDMI with the one on my PS4 which works fine and still had the same issue.

Ill throw on the pictures showing the Wii U part is working fine and just the Wii part is giving me the color issues.

IMG_20140603_192206_028_1.jpg

IMG_20140603_192322_862_1.jpg

IMG_20140603_192335_315_1.jpg

Edited by TheAmericaMan, 03 June 2014 - 04:28 PM.

#13 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

I am using HDMI and I secured everything and checked again. I also swapped out the HDMI with the one on my PS4 which works fine and still had the same issue.

Ill throw on the pictures showing the Wii U part is working fine and just the Wii part is giving me the color issues.

Have you tried "CTRL-ALT-DELETE?"

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#14 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

Oh, it's just the Wii Part? That's actually not that uncommon. I've even had that where when my Wii was hooked up using a HDMI switch Wii mode was stuck in Red unless I brought the resolution down to 480p. My guess is that Wii Mode emulates a component connection and there's a glitch when the HDMI receiver is not completely standards-compliant.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#15 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

Looked it up... Looks like a pretty uncommon problem, and I haven't seen any fixes for it... Probably just needs to be repaired.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#16 TheAmericaMan

TheAmericaMan

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

Oh, it's just the Wii Part? That's actually not that uncommon. I've even had that where when my Wii was hooked up using a HDMI switch Wii mode was stuck in Red unless I brought the resolution down to 480p. My guess is that Wii Mode emulates a component connection and there's a glitch when the HDMI receiver is not completely standards-compliant.

Any idea why all of a sudden this would happen when ive had this set up for almost a year?

#17 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

Am sorry man, I dont know.

When there is a new update dont downloaded it until a week or more after its launch so that if there is an issue in the update your not going to be a victim

#18 Mutassem

Mutassem

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

Any idea why all of a sudden this would happen when ive had this set up for almost a year?

I'm having the exact same issue ..  Is your  Wii Moded ?  do you have the homebrew channel on it ? 

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

Not a clue. What model is your TV? Is the Wii hooked directly to it or through a switch or A/V receiver?

#20 otterpop

otterpop

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

I'm having this issue as well. It is only older games for me..Regular wii games. Almost like it is a backwards compatibility Issue . I tried a newer game and color was fine. Don't know the cause but thought I'd throw that out there. Sure hope it gets fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!