Photo

Mr Myamoto plays Ace Combat Wii U.☆ MOCK UP☆.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Nukie

Nukie

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:26 AM

2014-09-11 18.33.37.jpg

I'm sure you'll recognise the above image originally as Shigeru Myamoto showing off Star Fox at E3, but the is my take on the Wii U flying genre.
The picture depicts the Mr Myamoto flying a jet from inside the cockpit(TV) using the gamepad, with the control scheme being much the same as a standard controller.
The gamepad is being held to the left, so the image on the gamepad would be what you would see looking out the aircrafts left window.In this case a fighter flying over the city.
You say"wouldn't your arms get tired? ".
You'd raise the gamepad to check for bandits, look for the horizon, see where the ground is & things like that. Otherwise it sits on your lap displaying a map. Also by panning the gamepad around the cockpit the player can utilise different functions, for example-raising the gamepad up out of you lap will bring you to the weapons console.
Yes, I can't wait to see what the next Star Fox will be like, but my take is more traditional with a Wii U twist that would make it unique and set it apart from the pack.

Edited by Nukie, 11 September 2014 - 04:01 AM.

#2 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:59 PM

attachicon.gif2014-09-11 00.48.53.jpg
I'm sure you'll recognise the above image originally as Shigeru Myamoto showing off Star Fox at E3, but the is my take on the Wii U flying genre.
The picture depicts the Mr Myamoto flying a jet from inside the cockpit(TV) using the gamepad, with the control scheme would be much the same as a standard controller.
The gamepad is being held to the left, so the image on the gamepad would be what you would see looking out the aircrafts left window.In this case a fighter flying over the city.
You say"wouldn't your arms get tired? ".
You'd raise the gamepad to check for bandits, look for the horizon, see where the ground is & things like that. Otherwise it sits on your lap displaying a map. Also by panning the gamepad around the cockpit the player can utilise different functions, for example-raising the gamepad up out of you lap will bring you to the weapons console.
Yes, I can't wait to see what the next Star Fox will be like, but my take is more traditional with a Wii U twist that would make it unique and set it apart from the pack.

Have you considered getting into the gaming industry man? You should be in the gaming industry.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

Have you considered getting into the gaming industry man? You should be in the gaming industry.

Gaming forums count as part of the industry hehehe
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Nukie

Nukie

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:55 PM

Gaming forums count as part of the industry hehehe

Wow I'm in. Haha

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:53 AM

Wow I'm in. Haha

To stay on topic, I do think you have some nice gameplay ideas and mechanics. It would certainly be a way to immerse the player even further

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 Nukie

Nukie

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:41 AM

2014-09-11 23.28.53.jpg
A close up of the gamepad.
Notice the curved piece of canopy on both screens. Hopefully that helps with perspective, showing a view of two angles from the same place.

#7 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:52 AM

Wow I'm in. Haha

Heck, you're practically Miyamoto.

I'm assuming you would also have a mode like MK8. You know, "I'm using tilt controls!"? that thing.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#8 Nukie

Nukie

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

Heck, you're practically Miyamoto.

I'm assuming you would also have a mode like MK8. You know, "I'm using tilt controls!"? that thing.

I'm sure tilt controls would be a given.
But what about this? A "go where your looking' system.
In the scene above, Mr Myamoto is looking left, but flying using the analogue stick relative to the big screen.
Let's say he wanted to get in behind the fighter in the gamepad.
Pulling the ZL trigger will cause the air craft to manoeuvre in 'that' direction. In this case the nose would yaw left until the gamepad pans back to centre.
Let's say Mr Myamoto is holding the gamepad at a much wider angle. The aircraft would bank more aggressively.
Do you remember how you would drag the planes nose around in Heatseaker Wii? "Go where your looking" is principally similar.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:47 PM

This is a game that we've developed internally up until now, but because we do want to bring this to market very soon, we are looking at some potential partner companies that we can team up with," Miyamoto said according to Gamespot. Regardless of who he might partner with to make this project possible, he assured that he will directly take charge of the project.

The way that the game is to be played is by utilizing both the Wii U's GamePad and the television as Gamespot had previewed the game during the Electronic Entertainment Expo earlier this year.

The GamePad would allow the player to gain the "cockpit view," to be used for aiming and looking around while being independent of the ship's movement. The television screen still allows for the traditional view of a Star Fox game.

"You can take out enemies, just not with the same level of precision as using the GamePad. Meanwhile, you need the TV screen to get a larger look at the full battlefield and keep track of your fighter when taking evasive maneuvers," said Miyamoto.

#10 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

See? You and Miyamoto are one and the same.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:34 PM

See? You and Miyamoto are one and the same.

It's him!

#12 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

It's him!

Nukie: *laughs*

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#13 Nukie

Nukie

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:41 PM

Crowded skies and Amiibo paint jobs? Ace Combat heaven.
2014-12-17 01.40.02.jpg
I've grabbed a couple of planes from the newly revealed Amiibo jet fighters of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy Plus 3ds, and have inserted these into the concept art from above.

2014-12-17 01.15.24.png
You see Mr Myamoto looking over at Luigi.

2014-12-17 01.16.53.png
While Link goes screaming past his nose.
2015-01-10 23.54.18.jpg
Not an image from Ace Combat, but it does carry on with the theme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!