Photo

Played game as wrong user, can I change that so Daily Log is accurate?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mariacgallego

mariacgallego

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:04 AM

Hello.  New to Wii U and loving it so far.  Kids are gone so took the opportunity to play Super Mario 3D a bunch this morning.  But, I guess the user was as my daughter and not me so now in the daily log it is incorrect.  Is there a way to change this???  I know how to change user from Mii U menu....but, forgot to do this before playing so trying to figure out how to change it after the fact.  Now I have changed to me and when I go into Mario...I only have 'new files' so can't continue with what I had....  UGH.  I can see this being an issue.

Thanks!

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:27 AM

Nope. Just need to make sure you choose the right Mii when starting up the Wii U, or if you are already playing games and decide to play something different, make sure to choose your Mii as the user first.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:28 AM

Hello. New to Wii U and loving it so far. Kids are gone so took the opportunity to play Super Mario 3D a bunch this morning. But, I guess the user was as my daughter and not me so now in the daily log it is incorrect. Is there a way to change this??? I know how to change user from Mii U menu....but, forgot to do this before playing so trying to figure out how to change it after the fact. Now I have changed to me and when I go into Mario...I only have 'new files' so can't continue with what I had.... UGH. I can see this being an issue.

Thanks!

I would suggest using an SD card to transfer it possibly, but idk... maybe just tell her what happened and then you two can play together on that file, lol.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#4 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:54 AM

nope. the damage is done you cant undo it.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#5 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:02 PM

No can do. But to be fair none of the current gen consoles are designed to transfer game saves between accounts.

The Gamecube was the best console for sharing Gamesaves, and it seems we will never return to that.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#6 mariacgallego

mariacgallego

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:09 AM

Tx all. Decided not to worry about it. Kinda a pain that to switch users with Mario, you need to close the s/w and then select the Mii you want and then reopen the s/w. NintendoLand seems to let you pick your Mii as you are in it. Also, I need to figure out in Mario how to use the different 'Files'...and can you name them? Thinking I want one in my Mii that only I use when playing alone and use another file for when others (guests) are over and using it or if playing together with others. Does that make sense?

#7 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

I've done this before by mistake on a few games, instead of restarting them on my main profile I just carried on playing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!