• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:23 AM

Pretty sure it's an extended version from the direct.

#2 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:26 AM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 14 May 2018 - 03:18 PM.

#3 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:31 AM

Graphics need a lot of polishing but it looks sweet for what they showed us. 

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:50 AM

This is looking fantastic. The diversity of the world is stunning. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:54 AM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 14 May 2018 - 03:22 PM.

#6 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:38 AM

The game has a April 29 release for japan.  So we will proubly see added polish in the final release, and a long wait for the English Dub.  early fall/late summer... hopefully.

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:56 AM

This game is georgous!

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

Graphics need a lot of polishing but it looks sweet for what they showed us. 

The graphics are exceptionally polished. The worst thing I saw was some Zfighting on the flora in a couple spots.

This level of graphical fidelity is the overhead cost of having scale this massive on the wii u.

Its the same on any other system. The bigger your world, the lower the fidelity. This is why ffXV doesnt have the same level of graphical fidelity as PT.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

So Nintendo uploaded the trailer in 60 fps.. does that mean anything?

AdolescentYawningAmericanrobin.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#10 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:42 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 14 May 2018 - 03:29 PM.

#11 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

I was in awe when I saw this during the direct. Looks gorgeous!

#12 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:10 PM

Whoa.

I've been waiting so long it seems like the his game is just a fairy tale.

But wow. I NEED this.

Pronto!

The graphics are insanity.

I play a LOTS of Destiny on PS4.

The skies here rival that. And with what appears to be a much larger scale

And the art direction here is better.

If it's putin April or May I'll be super excited.

May need to use some vacation time. Lol

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:46 PM

in a open world RPG 60 or 30 doesn't affect it much but if 60 that's just Monolith sticking it to the haters lol.

Tho it might actually need it for mechs flying around fighting huge enemies in frantic battles.

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:49 PM

And 1080p.

I dont think it means anything. The logo animation splash appears to be 60fps, but the gameplay footage itself looks like a very consistant 30 to me. Im also prety certain the game will be in 720p.

Otherwise, I think it means Nintendo and Monolith soft sacrificed puppies. SOOOOOOO many puppies. Mountains of adorable puppies.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:20 PM

720p 30fps with those graphics would still make ps4 and xbone blush.

#16 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:23 PM

I love how the camera in the mech is zoomed out when compared to earlier trailers. Makes the world look even bigger because the mechs are put in perspective. It also allows for more objects to be on screen.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#17 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

Ok in doing some research  I found a couple things I have a theory on. Granted it could be background that means nothing or something unlrelated but for the sake of argument I have a couple ideas I will post.

This thing can possibly match up with a few items from XB I will post 07jHyAG.jpg
rVJg3Ak.jpgCould be this gate. That small door alone if a few hundred feet tall and the outer part extends past the screen aways. So that is one but there is more
TKTUylM.jpgmaybe the big central part of the mechonis sword minus galahad fortress
9zPuQug.jpg could be just a massive gear from anywhere off mechonis itself.
WVxL00p.jpglast one I feel is a out there idea but throwing it out anyway. One of the colonies. Even colony 6 or 9 what's left turned on it's side for whatever reason
Could be a crashed city from one of the ships that did not make it in story of XCX so that's what I think are some possibilities

Edited by Ryudo, 14 January 2015 - 04:45 PM.

#18 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

Ok in doing some research I found a couple things I have a theory on. Granted it could be background that means nothing or something unlrelated but for the sake of argument I have a couple ideas I will post.

This thing can possibly match up with a few items from XB I will post 07jHyAG.jpg
rVJg3Ak.jpgCould be this gate. That small door alone if a few hundred feet tall and the outer part extends past the screen aways. So that is one but there is more
TKTUylM.jpgmaybe the big central part of the mechonis sword minus galahad fortress
9zPuQug.jpg could be just a massive gear from anywhere off mechonis itself.
WVxL00p.jpglast one I feel is a out there idea but throwing it out anyway. One of the colonies. Even colony 6 or 9 what's left turned on it's side for whatever reason
Could be a crashed city from one of the ships that did not make it in story of XCX so that's what I think are some possibilities

I should also add me and my friend have a theory and have had since E3. This game could possibly be both a sequel and prequel. Now some of this will be a little spoiler ish but not putting in tags because I don't want this post interupted. So I will put a red line below this text to let you know NOT TO READ FURTHER.

==========================================================================

You better put that in spoiler tags right now. You don't talk about the ending of an RPG willy-nilly. The red line doesn't help much.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 14 January 2015 - 04:41 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:47 PM

I should also add me and my friend have a theory and have had since E3. This game could possibly be both a sequel and prequel.

If you have played Xenoblade check the tag for maybe a mind bending twist on XCX.

If not do not click the tag.

Spoiler

Edited by Ryudo, 14 January 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:45 PM

I should also add me and my friend have a theory and have had since E3. This game could possibly be both a sequel and prequel.

If you have played Xenoblade check the tag for maybe a mind bending twist on XCX.
If not do not click the tag.

Spoiler

6-SLUS_006.64_20062007_214212_0040.jpg

Spoiler

Oooh, I have some non link to og xenoblade speculation on that giant ring. It would be cool if it was actually a massive jump gate for space ship sized transports or something.

Ooh, man it would be awesome if we got something like the yggdrasil from gears in xenoblade X. A huge flying mobile base you can dock up all your mechs at for refueling, and then Set out on missions from. After all, without something like that, you eventually could only get so far away from your base before running out of doll fuel! But with a mobile base of operations, you could land anywhere big enough, and set out to explore from there!!!

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!