• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Miseryguts

Miseryguts

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:59 PM

Is it possible that the Wii emulator on Wii U could render the games at a higher resolution than the Wii's 480p even if it's just 720?

Surely these games demand to be experienced looking the best as they possibly can & as the Wii U has resolution to spare why on earth not?

I'll not be holding my breath, but will keep dreaming..

Edited by Miseryguts, 30 January 2015 - 09:23 AM.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

I'm sure if Nintendo chose to code and update "Wii Mode", but I don't see them doing this. Leaves them open to remaster, remake, and heck offer Wii games as downloads in the eshop.  They probably feel there is more money to make from not doing so.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:07 PM

I'm sure if Nintendo chose to code and update "Wii Mode", but I don't see them doing this. Leaves them open to remaster, remake, and heck offer Wii games as downloads in the eshop.  They probably feel there is more money to make from not doing so.

They would also probably have to individually test each game and adjust them, as I'm sure some games are more difficult to render in higher resolutions (that's how it is with Dolphin).

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#4 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

Is it possible that the Wii emulator on Wii U could render the games at a higher resolution than the Wii's 480p even if it's just 720?

Surely these games demand to be experienced looking as sumptuous as they possibly can & as the Wii U has resolution to spare why on earth not?

I'll not be holding my breath, but will keep dreaming..

It upscales it IIRC, but it doesn't take advantage of the extra power.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

Technically there is no wii emulator on wii u, the games are run off of hardware, not a software emulator. The wii u locks off two of its cpu cores, underclocks to the wii's clock speed, and forces the gpu to run a tev.

We have recently gotten the convenience of not having to go completely turn into a wii mode, which is nice, but since the games are still run directly on the hardware, and not through a software emulator, the emulator perks you are talking about are extremely unlikely.... though ... not impossible... Because the gpu only (hardware) emulates a tev... but it is extremely unlikely Nintendo would ever bother.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 Chronos21

Chronos21

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:56 AM

With eshop downloaded Wii games the console turns still completely into Wii mode, or am i wrong? I thought only the game icon shows in WiiU menu.

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:49 AM

That some pixel art and blow it up full screen.

How does it look?

Now your trying to blow up a 480 wii game to 720. It's going to look worse then it did to start off with.

Sure they could go back over the game and make it hd, but that means your have to re buy the game again.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 Miseryguts

Miseryguts

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

That some pixel art and blow it up full screen.

How does it look?

Now your trying to blow up a 480 wii game to 720. It's going to look worse then it did to start off with.

Sure they could go back over the game and make it hd, but that means your have to re buy the game again.

As far as my limited understanding goes rendering the games at a higher resolution is exactly what the Dolphin emulator does, I'm NOT asking for 'HD Remakes' like Wind Waker HD with better textures/lighting effects etc, just for them to be upscaled.

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:16 AM

As far as my limited understanding goes rendering the games at a higher resolution is exactly what the Dolphin emulator does, I'm NOT asking for 'HD Remakes' like Wind Waker HD with better textures/lighting effects etc, just for them to be upscaled.

That is exactly what Dolphin does. Dolphin is a software emulator though.

Wii u doesnt emulate wii games, it literally turns the wii u console into a wii on the hardware side, lowers clock speeds, shuts down cores, blocks off memory... 

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!