• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 spark5

spark5

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:23 PM

I have played Mario Kart 8 and when I ejected the game disc out of my wii u console, there are some scratches on the disc image. Does this indicate that my game disc is scratched and will damage my wii u?

mk8gamedisc.jpg

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:43 PM

This indicates that something inside your Wii U is scratching the heck out of the top of your discs. You need to contact Nintendo about getting it fixed if you're still under warranty...they should repair your Wii U and give you another copy of Mario Kart 8, imo.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 spark5

spark5

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

This indicates that something inside your Wii U is scratching the heck out of the top of your discs. You need to contact Nintendo about getting it fixed if you're still under warranty...they should repair your Wii U and give you another copy of Mario Kart 8, imo.

If i dont fix my wii u, will my game discs still damage my console?

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:40 PM

If i dont fix my wii u, will my game discs still damage my console?

Your wii u seems to be scratching your disc's as noted above, I wouldn't put another disc in there until after contacting nintendo immediately.

Is your wii u flat or vertical? Does it make weird noises when the disc was in? just curious..but contact nintendo asap
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:55 PM

It seems like your Wii U is damaged and is scratching the disks. You should call Nintendo.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#6 spark5

spark5

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:45 PM

It seems like your Wii U is damaged and is scratching the disks. You should call Nintendo.

Can i still play any wii u game disc?

Your wii u seems to be scratching your disc's as noted above, I wouldn't put another disc in there until after contacting nintendo immediately.

Is your wii u flat or vertical? Does it make weird noises when the disc was in? just curious..but contact nintendo asap

it is vertical

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:46 PM

it is vertical

Why on earth would you risk it? Call nintendo .
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:02 PM

it is vertical

No. That disc is toast so will all your other games you put in the Wii U unless you get it fixed.

Man this is just another reason I DESPISE slot loading consoles. bring back top loaders.

#9 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:04 PM

You know this isn't the first time someone has reported on having disk scratches on their mario kart 8 discs, also don't use your Wii U vertically anymore if Nintendo gives you a replacement... and I'm pretty sure there's a knife or something hidden in your Wii U for it to make that bad of a scratch :P (Also, check your other discs to see how they are).

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#10 spark5

spark5

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

You know this isn't the first time someone has reported on having disk scratches on their mario kart 8 discs, also don't use your Wii U vertically anymore if Nintendo gives you a replacement... and I'm pretty sure there's a knife or something hidden in your Wii U for it to make that bad of a scratch :P (Also, check your other discs to see how they are).

actually, my game disc's top side is slightly torn, not scratched. so, do you think it is still safe for me to play my games? 

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:40 PM

actually, my game disc's top side is slightly torn, not scratched. so, do you think it is still safe for me to play my games? 

No. The top layer is more important than the bottom layer. Once the top paint is scratched the laser goes through an unable to read the disc. It is unable to read the refecltive layer.

The disc is destroyed. Beyond repair. Done fore. Broken. Done. It's dead jim. Give it a funeral.

#12 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:47 PM

Talk to nintendo. There may be a chance that the disc is defective causing that, but it's more likely that the system is eating the disks, and so that will happen to any other disk you insert.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#13 Teddy

Teddy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • NNID:latios
  • Fandom:
    mlp

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:54 AM

i don't think it means anything

cant have signature cuz of internet explorer :/

#14 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:55 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO just get a new console before you ruin all your discs! Don't even attempt to continue trying to ruin your discs.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#15 spark5

spark5

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:52 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO just get a new console before you ruin all your discs! Don't even attempt to continue trying to ruin your discs.

should i digitally download my game to prevent any scratched occurring on my game discs?

#16 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:19 AM

should i digitally download my game to prevent any scratched occurring on my game discs?

That will just make it so you have to rebuy every game so no...

Just listen to everyone and just send your Wii U to Nintendo for repair, don't risk it.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:29 AM

For the umpteenth time... contact Nintendo. That is the next step, no if's, and's or butt's... no questions.. nothing. Do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!