Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:45 AM

http://nintendoevery...news-next-year/

http://nintendoevery...vice-from-dena/

nintendo-membership-service-dena-656x368

Nintendo, together with DeNA, will jointly develop a new membership service which encompasses the existing Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, the new hardware system with a brand-new concept, NX, and smart devices and PCs, and Nintendo will be the primary party to operate this new membership service. Unlike the Club Nintendo membership service that Nintendo has been operating, the new membership service will include multiple devices and create a connection between Nintendo and each individual consumer regardless of the device the consumer uses. This membership will form one of the core elements of the new Nintendo platform that I just mentioned.

While this is not something directly relating to the collaboration that we have announced today, here is one thing I would like to mention to avoid any misunderstandings.

Nintendo has decided to deploy its video game business on smart devices but it is not because we have lost passion or vision for the business of dedicated video game systems. On the contrary, now that we have decided how we will make use of smart devices, we have come to hold an even stronger passion and vision for the dedicated video game system business than ever before. Nintendo has made this decision because we have concluded that the approach of making use of smart devices is a rational way for us to encourage even more people around the world to recognize the great value of the wonderful game software available on our dedicated game systems.

As proof that Nintendo maintains strong enthusiasm for the dedicated game system business, let me confirm that Nintendo is currently developing a dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept under the development codename “NX.” It is too early to elaborate on the details of this project, but we hope to share more information with you next year.

Full presentation from Nintendo: http://www.nintendo....0317/index.html

#2 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:59 AM

I saw this on my local news, no joke.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#3 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:22 AM

I saw this on my local news, no joke.

So that means the public actualy cares about Nintendo making smartphone games?

I wonder what NX is. It's either a new handheld, or some kind of fusion platform.

No sig.

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:45 AM

Ah, no thanks to the verge or Nintendo Everything.. now I see.

Full details from Nintendo here http://www.nintendo....0317/index.html

13.jpg

21.jpg

23.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:00 AM

Wtf Nintendo!?? This doesn't sound good at all.

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:19 AM

People need to keep in mind it's not a 3ds successor, or wii u successor... but a 3rd pillar.

It seems to be

• Club Nintendo Successor
  • Account System
  • Software platform / perhaps new eshop/app shop?
  • 3rd pillar hardware device 

The picture Ryudo posted shows it's not a successor.

nintendo-membership-service-dena-656x368

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:24 AM

So what is this? A new console? The death of the Wii U? Something else?

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:27 AM

So what is this? A new console? The death of the Wii U? Something else?

Makes a good read, really a lot of things we don't know but we do know it isn't a replacement.

http://www.nintendo....0317/index.html

Topic pinned.

#9 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:37 AM

I don't really care about mobile games, I don't think it will change anything. There wont be games like xenoblade on there, only crap like flappy bird with Nintendo themes.

A new console was inevitable, but they really need to get it right this time. No sitting on hands expecting it sell, they need to get off their asses and work harder this time. 

#10 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:41 AM

I'm thinking, in terms of games, this could be something like Sony's PS Plus, Minis, and Mobile. I think it would be awesome if, along with a few brand new games on mobile devices, you could download a free app and buy a subscription for VC games. I know I'll probably be off at college in a year or two, and while I'm not supposed to bring a handheld, I fully intend on using smartphone emus. An official VC app would be great for playing all sorts of classics across a ridiculous amount of platforms.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#11 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

What I don't like is it sounds as though it will be one step closer for real Nintendo games/ports to appear on mobile.

A new console wouldn't bother me but Nintendo's obsession with the mobile market does.

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:48 AM

What I don't like is it sounds as though it will be one step closer for real Nintendo games/ports to appear on mobile.

A new console wouldn't bother me but Nintendo's obsession with the mobile market does.

I fully expect things like Pokemon Shuffle to be a focus.

#13 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:52 AM

I can't see them putting full games that would cost 60 dollars on a 3DS or Wii U on mobile devices.

Edited by Son Edo, 17 March 2015 - 06:53 AM.

#14 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:58 AM

We'll I am going to stay positive until I have a reason not to.... To much unknown right now to say this is a doomed decision.

#15 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:11 AM

So, part of this overall news is that this (some sort of service/account) will be coming to us this fall... so we don't have long to wait to see how this part plays out.

http://techcrunch.co...to-smartphones/

Secondly, a service that lets users play games across a variety of devices, including mobile devices, PCs and Nintendo’s own consoles like the 3DS and Wii U is slated to launch “in the fall of 2015″.

#16 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:14 AM

So... more like Amiibo apps or microgames o. Phones?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#17 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:21 AM

Kinda scared about this... I hope the new Club Nintendo successor doesn't just give you a free mobile game with your purchase of a real game or something lame like that. :(

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#18 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

They want to put new games ideas on mobile but I'd imagine more stuff like  Rusty Baseball.

#19 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:00 AM

All Nintendo needs to do is offer official versions of Pokemon games on iOS and Android, the bank will roll in.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#20 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:02 AM

All Nintendo needs to do is offer official versions of Pokemon games on iOS and Android, the bank will roll in.

yep and i was thinking that most phones, tablets have nfc. expect nfc mobile game types too and "amiibo" cards for these games. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!