magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:35 PM

It's that time of year again where we grade each E3 conference by a company. I'm not going to rate EA, Ubisoft, or Square Enix's conferences as I did not see their conference. 

Microsoft:

B

Now technically, I shouldn't rate this as I didn't watch Microsoft's conference, but MS announcements were pretty awesome even if I'm not a huge of fan their games. I gotta give credit where its due.

Bethesda:

C+

I actually don't care for any of the games  they presented (not even Doom), but damn does Fallout 4 look awesome! Never played any of the Fallout games before I'm willing to give this a try.

Sony:

A+

Delivered their A game here. FF7 remake? Check. Shenmue 3? Check. The Last Guardian? Check. Now granted, I was not impressed with TLG's showing, but I loved Uncharted 4's gameplay. Sony mostly focused on games just like Microsoft so that's a huge plus.

Nintendo:

D-

You'd think after that awesome conference last year they would continue to have a successful digital event, right? WRONG! It's like they looked at last year's digital event and thought to themselves "Hmm, now can we not make this digital event nowhere near as good?" This is truly pitiful. If weren't for SF and Zelda 3DS, I would've given this an F without hesitation. Definitely their worst conference since E3 2008 (this is comparable to E3 2003), no contest.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#2 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

Microsoft: A-

Tons of great games shown. Halo 5 looks beautiful. They finally gave creative freedom back to Rare and better late then never! The Sea of Thieves showing looks enticing. Also, the Rare Replay is one of the better deals in gaming I have ever seen! 30 critically acclaimed games from 4-30 years ago, for $30? Also, backwards compatibility announced? That really did me in.  The presentation was boring itself to watch, but man did they bring some surprises. Also, that minecraft hololens showing was insane!

Bethesda: B-

Bethesda had an alright first showing, DOOM looked gorgeous but looked pretty bland combat wise, and the guts and gore are a little too much for me.Dishonered, Hell yeah. Their arena combat game that I have already forgotten the name of looked atrocious, and the saver of the day was certainly Fallout 4, which I will put money on being the best game ever made, and it is releasing right before my birthday.

Sony- B+

Sony brought big guns, but they were underwhelming to me. Shenmue being fanfunded makes me quite sketched out. FF7 remake looks cool but its just that, a remake.  And then there was The Last Guardian, which I had forgotten about since about mid 2010, and wished it had stayed that way. The gameplay looked boring, the character design and environment looks no different then 6 years ago, and the worst part, it isn't even coming to next year.  No Man's Sky looks impressive, but also seems to have absolutely nothing to do in that massive universe but explore cookie cutter planets that change the color of the leaves.  They pretend like what they are doing has never been done before, but I've played the atrocity that was spore and this is clearly a modern take on that game in many ways. However, despite this seemingly negative rant, I was quite impressed with the thing as a whole. Also, Horizon might be the game that forces me into buying a PS4.

Nintendo: F

By far the worst E3 I have ever seen (haven't been at it that long, started in 2010). Starfox looks like it should be on GAMECUBE, and the gyro controls and emphasis on second screen play looks awful. Zelda...... Well if they took the developers that are making this game and had them work on Zelda U I could probably have it by the end of the year, instead of this uninspired second coming of four swords that even takes a backstep and only includes three links. The puppet thing made me uncomfortable, and the constant developer interviews ruined the pacing and felt like filler trying to make up for the little and unsubstantial content they had.  Especially the yarn yoshi lady, i wanted to hit her she was so awful.  Instead of  a true animal crossing we are getting a wierd take on mario party that requires amiibos, so to truly enjoy what little is to be enjoyed you have to pay probably and extra 60 bucks to have four players. I thought this was a Nintendo direct not an EA conference. The only saving grace was mario maker, but by the time they talked about it I was so annoyed and frustrated that I didn't even care how awesome it was, Nintendo had already crapped their pants and even an entire container of febreeze couldn't rid my house of the smell. I have been a die hard Nintendo fan since my toddler days of sitting on my father's lap and watching him play Mario64 and Banjo-Kazooie, but as hard as it is it might be time to keep the fond memories but change my course because I do not like this "transformation" one bit..... Sorry for the rant.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#3 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:03 PM

Tons of great games shown. Halo 5 looks beautiful. They finally gave creative freedom back to Rare and better late then never! The Sea of Thieves showing looks enticing. Also, the Rare Replay is one of the better deals in gaming I have ever seen! 30 critically acclaimed games from 4-30 years ago, for $30? Also, backwards compatibility announced? That really did me in.  The presentation was boring itself to watch, but man did they bring some surprises. Also, that minecraft hololens showing was insane!

Bethesda: B-

Bethesda had an alright first showing, DOOM looked gorgeous but looked pretty bland combat wise, and the guts and gore are a little too much for me.Dishonered, Hell yeah. Their arena combat game that I have already forgotten the name of looked atrocious, and the saver of the day was certainly Fallout 4, which I will put money on being the best game ever made, and it is releasing right before my birthday.

Sony- B+

Sony brought big guns, but they were underwhelming to me. Shenmue being fanfunded makes me quite sketched out. FF7 remake looks cool but its just that, a remake.  And then there was The Last Guardian, which I had forgotten about since about mid 2010, and wished it had stayed that way. The gameplay looked boring, the character design and environment looks no different then 6 years ago, and the worst part, it isn't even coming to next year.  No Man's Sky looks impressive, but also seems to have absolutely nothing to do in that massive universe but explore cookie cutter planets that change the color of the leaves.  They pretend like what they are doing has never been done before, but I've played the atrocity that was spore and this is clearly a modern take on that game in many ways. However, despite this seemingly negative rant, I was quite impressed with the thing as a whole. Also, Horizon might be the game that forces me into buying a PS4.

Nintendo: F

By far the worst E3 I have ever seen (haven't been at it that long, started in 2010). Starfox looks like it should be on GAMECUBE, and the gyro controls and emphasis on second screen play looks awful. Zelda...... Well if they took the developers that are making this game and had them work on Zelda U I could probably have it by the end of the year, instead of this uninspired second coming of four swords that even takes a backstep and only includes three links. The puppet thing made me uncomfortable, and the constant developer interviews ruined the pacing and felt like filler trying to make up for the little and unsubstantial content they had.  Especially the yarn yoshi lady, i wanted to hit her she was so awful.  Instead of  a true animal crossing we are getting a wierd take on mario party that requires amiibos, so to truly enjoy what little is to be enjoyed you have to pay probably and extra 60 bucks to have four players. I thought this was a Nintendo direct not an EA conference. The only saving grace was mario maker, but by the time they talked about it I was so annoyed and frustrated that I didn't even care how awesome it was, Nintendo had already crapped their pants and even an entire container of febreeze couldn't rid my house of the smell. I have been a die hard Nintendo fan since my toddler days of sitting on my father's lap and watching him play Mario64 and Banjo-Kazooie, but as hard as it is it might be time to keep the fond memories but change my course because I do not like this "transformation" one bit..... Sorry for the rant.

Man, at least you didn't witness Nintendo's E3 2008 like I did, because it was that bad... :mellow:

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#4 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:04 PM

I didn't watch or look into all of the conferences so I'll only comment on those that I have seen stuff from or feel strongly about.

Bethesda: A

Doom 4 and Fallout 4 both look great, I can't think of any criticisms of what I saw from them.

EA: Ehh

Battlefront looks good enough, as a Star Wars fan I'm excited but it's only going to be on Origin and it's lacking in things like space battles and Clone Wars so I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic. Mirror's Edge Catalyst looks good but I can't say I like the art style they've gone with this time, it's much darker and more realistic than the original. It doesn't look bad just different in terms of art direction but gameplay looks same old, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Microsoft: Decent enough I guess

Gears looks good. I used to like the series but later moved to PC gaming so I'd love for the Gears series to come to PC. Halo looks like Halo.

Nintendo: F----------------

Nintendo is dead to me now. As a Metroid fan I'm sure you can understand why. 

Edited by CUD, 16 June 2015 - 03:27 PM.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#5 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:06 PM

Sony won for me, had more games I'm interested in. 8/10

MS had quite a few stuff I'm keeping an eye on, just a shame most were trailers. New OS looks slick. 7/10

Nintendo.... Starfox looks like Wii game with silly controls. 0/10

Edited by Scumbag, 16 June 2015 - 03:25 PM.

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:59 PM

Beth. D- Bunch of games buy for $5 3 months after launch on steam

Square. D for Drunk when they made that conference.

MS. C for Can you remember anything they showed? Blended all in

Sony. B- (only because of Shenmue)

EA. Hoop Gawd

Ubisoft. Downgraded

Nintendo. D- They gave us the D when no one asked for the D

Overall terrible E3

Edited by Beat, 16 June 2015 - 08:16 PM.

#7 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

Bethesda: B

Microsoft: C 

Sony: A-

Square: Didn't watch

EA: Really bad

Nintendo: D

Ubisoft: Zzz

Edited by Big Dante, 16 June 2015 - 04:20 PM.

#8 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

Bethesda: B
Fallout wAs obviously the centerpiece, Doom looked great but seemed too shallow on the gameplay side. Dishonored 2 looked good, but then again, their wasn't much to show.

Microsoft: B-
Once again, catering to their crowd. Action packed games with little substance. Not my taste

Last guardian looks unique and not like any other title out right now, loved it. FF7 was a godsend. No Man's Sky looked downright Ridiculously great. Uncharted looked technically awesome and the dialogue was hilarious. I don't play COD, but I was surprised to see that Sony ripped COD from Microsofts clutches (how did they let that happen?) Destiny Taken King looked awesome as heck, can't wait to get that this September. And finally Dreams, what the heck was that? They have gotten my attention now, can't wait to see more

EA: C-
Only game I cared about was Battlefront

Ubisoft: D
Really nothing to see here

Square: C+
Glad to see FF7

Nintendo: C-
Had the potential to be one of greatest, but didn't live up to (my) hype. Still some greAt games were shown, but also a lot of filler games not worthy of e3 imo. I feel Nintendo INTENTIONALLY held back on the worst possible stage. This was E3 for Bowser's sake :(

#9 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:30 PM

Microsoft-B+. I liked Gears 4, as well as the indie titles looked intresting. Also backwards capability is freaking awesome.

Sony-A. Last Guardian pretty much sealed its victory, the new title by the Killzone guys looked fun. Uncharted was as expected, fantastic. Shenmue is something I need to see and play in order to truly know it's real(but if it is AAA+++).

Ubi-D. Where's my beyond good and evil 2!!!!

EA-C.(really wanted a full gameplay reveal of Mass Effect to be shown). Mirrors Edge was probably my fav out of EA.

Nintendo-D. Xenoblade looks great but it was only a trailer, Yoshi game looks fantastic but it was nothing new. It gets a D because I was mostly disappointed by the WiiU output, but the 3DS stuff is awesome(although metroid didn't look like metroid but it looked fun).

#10 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:27 PM

Microsoft B

Looks alright.

Sony B+

Not as good as everyone thinks it was.

Nintendo C-

Not as bad as everyone thinks it was.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#11 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:13 AM

Bethesda B

Tbh most of the games their didn't really interest me but fallout towards the end really made the conference a lot better. I also find todd howard really interesting to listen to for some reason.

Microsoft C+

Apart from rares 30 game collection and sea of thieves this conference was pretty dull.

EA D

It was just boring. 

Ubisoft C

Showed a few cool looking games but nothing special.

Sony B+
If their aim was to create hype this year then they succeeded. With a trio of awesome announcements and some other really interesting games like dreams they had a really solid conference. Lack of solid release dates let them down.

Nintendo D

As mainly a wii u fan this was so disappointing to me. Very little amount of wii u games actually announced and the games that should have been there just weren't. Hope treehouse can improve the general e3 experience but the conference was a big let down.

Square B

They had a really solid conference, they knew for the most part what the fans wanted and they delivered. Kingdom hearts is an example of this, sure they showed the mobile game but they knew their audience and immediately showed off kh3 after. Also nier 2 by platinum?  :wub:

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#12 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:58 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 12 May 2018 - 08:31 PM.

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:03 AM

Agreed these western games every year are so scripted it hurts my head. Every Uncharted since 2 shown at E3 has a massive downgrade on release. FFVII is the weakest FF on PS1. Like Oot one of the weakest entries on it's own system and period is the most praised. Gears 4 did the same formula we see almost every single time in these western game presentations. Start off where two character walk and talk about nothing. Then did you see/hear that. They investigate. Walk and talk and something is happening to build up for a payoff. Then BOOM stuff happens and right before we see the rest...fade to black and title screen. It's used to much it has no impact anymore.

#14 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:55 AM

Agreed these western games every year are so scripted it hurts my head. Every Uncharted since 2 shown at E3 has a massive downgrade on release. FFVII is the weakest FF on PS1. Like Oot one of the weakest entries on it's own system and period is the most praised. Gears 4 did the same formula we see almost every single time in these western game presentations. Start off where two character walk and talk about nothing. Then did you see/hear that. They investigate. Walk and talk and something is happening to build up for a payoff. Then BOOM stuff happens and right before we see the rest...fade to black and title screen. It's used to much it has no impact anymore.

i remember when they showed the last of us and i thought it looked great the way the AI reacted to your moves and decisions during combat

and then the game had nothing like that in it...

but yeah i absolutely despise any kind of cgi or scripted trailer really, especially from third party devs because they can't be trusted 

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:06 AM

i remember when they showed the last of us and i thought it looked great the way the AI reacted to your moves and decisions during combat

and then the game had nothing like that in it...

lol yes. As a game is mediocre.

ZdzaSqB.gif

VuxYs2n.gif

#16 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:27 PM

Micro: A

Sony: A

Ninitendo: A

Square Enix: A

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#17 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:01 AM

Goom.

1/10

To much OOM-Polygon

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:52 PM

Horizon Zero Dawn. Sony won again this year.

Microsoft might stage a comeback.

Nintendo didn't show up.

EA didn't show up.

Bethesda did a bethesda.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:58 AM

Nintendo: B

Zelda: A++++++++

Edited by Mewbot, 29 June 2016 - 04:58 AM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!