Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

This E3, without a doubt, is going to be one of Nintendo's most vital moments in their history.
They have a lot of things to clear up, particularly showing the world that the Wii U is indeed a next-generation console, along with the general public's idea on that the Wii U is just a new controller.
Whether "teh hardcorez" audience will accept Nintendo once again will be riding on this one console.
I wish them the best of luck as this is obviously a very stressful time for them.

In Nintendo we trust!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

True,I think the biggest problem for Nintendo is to be able to present all thease hardcore titles on a nintendo platform.I mean even if they do will people easily buy the next gta or elders sccrolls game on a nintendo console or has nintendo's image of the kid company gone too far to be erased
Posted Image

#4 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:38 AM

True,I think the biggest problem for Nintendo is to be able to present all thease hardcore titles on a nintendo platform.I mean even if they do will people easily buy the next gta or elders sccrolls game on a nintendo console or has nintendo's image of the kid company gone too far to be erased

It's has gone far, really far, but not so far as to be a permanent stigma.
They still have a chance, but they are on thin ice and one wrong move could place them in a 'freezing situation'. (Drum snap)

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#5 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

In theory, everything you say is true, in numbers, its true-false.. I mean skyrim did really good than other games.
Xbox: 5.29 million copies till 28th of jenuary 2012
Ps3: 3.14 million copies till 28th of jenuary 2012
Pc: 1.76 million copies till the same date as the rest.
I believe Nintendo could easily give them another 5 million sales, and the reason is the number of customers they got. The big bet is to convince Nintendo customers to buy wii U. And nintendo SHOULD care about power this time. That’s all they need. If nintendo search all forums talking about wii U and xbox 720 and whatever, they will notice one thing, that people expecting 720 to be MUCH more powerfull, people care about power. Many people preffer to wait for them instead.. Thats what nintendo must look at.. And see what this people need.. they must dare this time.

GTA V is under development, I see no reason, why they shouldn’t choose the next gen version and pick the 360 or ps3 version instead. I believe this time developers will built their games in Wii U and import them on xbox360 and ps3.. its stupid to do the opposite. 1 game that is allready out and I may buy in wii U, is batman arcam city (correct?) havent played it.. so why not.. Funny but I havent played even GTA games ever.. They dont support pro modding, only cheating.. so I never found interest in them for my pc.. I also quited playing xbox few months before gta4 get release, so I never had the chance for it.. I may do now.

Also, Nintendo should look seriously the modding features.. For example, pc users WILL NEVER abandon their pc's because of modding (and horse power)! Snicky microsoft, developed tools to allow them mod the games and import them into their xbox HDD's... Someone must suggest that to Nintendo!! Someone who got voice over them! With modding features, the sales increase dramatically! A small example is assasin creed, the mods for xbox are more, than pc..! The developers give the toolset for moding, and xbox have a tool, after you create your mod, to upload it directly to xbox hdd..

Edited by Orion, 05 February 2012 - 05:39 AM.

#6 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:33 AM

GTA V is under development, I see no reason, why they shouldn’t choose the next gen version and pick the 360 or ps3 version instead. I believe this time developers will built their games in Wii U and import them on xbox360 and ps3.. its stupid to do the opposite.

Considering that many developers have testified the ease of creating games for the Wii U (as easy, if not easier than the Xbox 360), it would be safe to say that devs would most likely develop their games on the Wii U and then port them over to the 360 and PS3; much like how most games are being developed on the 360 and then ported over to the PS3 right now.

Also, keep in mind that Nintendo has a 1-year head start from the competition and if the NextBox and the PS4 aren't that much of a difference in terms of power from the Wii U, then games would continue to be developed on it and then ported over; devs would be comfortable with creating games on the Wii U by then.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#7 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:01 AM

its smart to develop the games in wii U, because they will earn more pc sales as well!! Wii U is closer to the current pc technology and the imports pc users will have, going to be 100-200% in some games, better than now!! more fx, better quality textures, bigger games.. Less glitcy!!! (the 95% of pc games, are imports)

Imagine that wii U cpu is in the same level as today powerfull pc's (not enthusiast or extreme), and 3 generations back in gpu technology (were not sure yet about the gpu, maybe its better).. xbox and ps3 are to old.. 7 generations back in gpu! As a result nintendo innovates developers to better results!

Edited by Orion, 05 February 2012 - 05:21 AM.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:43 AM

I'd say games will be made on xbox720 and ported over from there rather than on the Wii U.
With the Wii U, all three will be using CPU cousins, if not sisters. It should make games seem very alike.
Depends then on what the 720 will do, too...

on topic: I certainly will be hyper the last few weeks coming up to e3 this year.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:25 AM

i detect a 99% chance that gta5 is being developed on wii u as rockstar already has the development kits. wii u maybe the fastest selling console to date, fingers crossed
Posted Image

#10 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

Well that was an interesting article but it would help if he improved on his grammar skills.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#11 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

The thing about Nintendo's Press conference, is that whatever they do, at least 5 of the shareholders will scream Nintendo is Doomed.

But as for the consumers, I think this could be the BEST press conference ever.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#12 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

The thing about Nintendo's Press conference, is that whatever they do, at least 5 of the shareholders will scream Nintendo is Doomed.

But as for the consumers, I think this could be the BEST press conference ever.

i loled haha it happens with all the companys though.
yah i really think nintendo will come out of the gates of e3 at full speed showing a lot of strong hardcore wii u launch titles, plus the full complete design and possible name change.

Signature_Fox.png

#13 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

i agree completly. This is where Nintendo proves to Adam Sessler that they make good games... because really Mr.Sessler represents the audience Nintendo seems to have repeled with the wii.
Posted Image

#14 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

In theory, everything you say is true, in numbers, its true-false.. I mean skyrim did really good than other games.
Xbox: 5.29 million copies till 28th of jenuary 2012
Ps3: 3.14 million copies till 28th of jenuary 2012
Pc: 1.76 million copies till the same date as the rest.
I believe Nintendo could easily give them another 5 million sales, and the reason is the number of customers they got. The big bet is to convince Nintendo customers to buy wii U. And nintendo SHOULD care about power this time. That’s all they need. If nintendo search all forums talking about wii U and xbox 720 and whatever, they will notice one thing, that people expecting 720 to be MUCH more powerfull, people care about power. Many people preffer to wait for them instead.. Thats what nintendo must look at.. And see what this people need.. they must dare this time.

GTA V is under development, I see no reason, why they shouldn’t choose the next gen version and pick the 360 or ps3 version instead. I believe this time developers will built their games in Wii U and import them on xbox360 and ps3.. its stupid to do the opposite. 1 game that is allready out and I may buy in wii U, is batman arcam city (correct?) havent played it.. so why not.. Funny but I havent played even GTA games ever.. They dont support pro modding, only cheating.. so I never found interest in them for my pc.. I also quited playing xbox few months before gta4 get release, so I never had the chance for it.. I may do now.

Also, Nintendo should look seriously the modding features.. For example, pc users WILL NEVER abandon their pc's because of modding (and horse power)! Snicky microsoft, developed tools to allow them mod the games and import them into their xbox HDD's... Someone must suggest that to Nintendo!! Someone who got voice over them! With modding features, the sales increase dramatically! A small example is assasin creed, the mods for xbox are more, than pc..! The developers give the toolset for moding, and xbox have a tool, after you create your mod, to upload it directly to xbox hdd..

jenuary is not a month dummy! january is :D

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

You should capitalise if you're going to go out of your way to gripe aboot spelling.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

You should capitalise if you're going to go out of your way to gripe aboot spelling.

Aboot is not a word. About is, there you happy?

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Aboot is not a word. About is, there you happy?

What does Canadian have to do with English, and this thread?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:40 AM

Hehe sorry, I am not English and I am also dyslectic :), i confuse words and grammar very easy when I am typing (even in my mother language).

Edited by Orion, 10 February 2012 - 04:43 AM.

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

Don't start a sentence with an uncapatalized word. Capitalize the first letter of a month. End your sentences with the correct punctuation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!