Photo

How to avoid Console Freezing while waiting for a patch.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Decided to make a new thread about this because lots of people are experiencing this issue, it would be nice if we can get this thread pinned.

All the info provided here comes fromt his thread on the official nintendo tech support forums

http://techforums.ni...age/79866#79866

1- Disconnect Internet from the Wii U (Settings -> Network (first icon), Press X (Connections), click on all connections and then delete the settings for now. I read on another messageboard to disconnect your WIIU from the internet. I've tried this and so far I havent had this issue in the past 2 days. I think it might be miiverse server or something. Its inconvenient to have to disconnect from the internet and hopefully nintendo sends a patch to fix it soon, but at least you'll be able to play your games without freezing until it gets fixed.)

2- Changing Miiverse language to English Only
(If you go to Miiverse and go into the settings and change it to English only in the language menu it will not freeze)
(Go into Miiverse options and set it to english only. This has been working for me instead of totally disabling the internet.)

3-Delete the original game update and re-download the patch (Nintendo land "fix") (Not Reliable)
(So far, the fix has worked incredibly. I don't really know whether it will work for those who have been having the issue with multiple games, but for those that have had it solely with NintendoLand, go into Settings, memory, and delete the update data for NintendoLand. Then procede to play the game, it will re-update, and it should be good to go.

Perhaps with the other games, you just need to do the same thing.

Thanks THEMK for the fix!)

The option1 and 2 seems to be the more reliable and working for almost everyone, i cant try it yet because i dont even own a wii u yet here in europe but i wanted to help all of you this seems to be a very annoying bug.

Edited by Stormage09, 25 November 2012 - 03:30 PM.

Posted Image

#2 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

Interesting...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#3 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Wait, so I shouldn't unplug my Wii U mid update? Good to know.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#4 BatJeff

BatJeff

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Super Mario

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

The fix of deleting the update data for NintendoLand and then re-updating only worked for me for a few hours, then it started freezing all over again. So far, I am going to try this English language only fix, but as far as I know, I called Nintendo customer support and asked about this supposed patch coming out next week that has been circling around the internet, and he had no idea about it, but DID confirm that it is a known issue, Nintendo is working on it (which isn't a surprise), and that there is going to be a patch definitely in December not quite as big as the launch patch, but still quite large. As for if that patch would fix the freezing issues, he said he didn't know for sure what would be in the patch, only that it would be a broad patch to fix many different bugs. So I would hope that if this is a known issue, that they would include a fix as soon as possible.
NNID: BatJeff
PM me if you add me, so I know where the friend request comes from
Posted Image
Currently Playing: Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition

#5 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

The fix of deleting the update data for NintendoLand and then re-updating only worked for me for a few hours, then it started freezing all over again. So far, I am going to try this English language only fix, but as far as I know, I called Nintendo customer support and asked about this supposed patch coming out next week that has been circling around the internet, and he had no idea about it, but DID confirm that it is a known issue, Nintendo is working on it (which isn't a surprise), and that there is going to be a patch definitely in December not quite as big as the launch patch, but still quite large. As for if that patch would fix the freezing issues, he said he didn't know for sure what would be in the patch, only that it would be a broad patch to fix many different bugs. So I would hope that if this is a known issue, that they would include a fix as soon as possible.

thanks for the report, ill update the first post
Posted Image

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Thanks for the tips, I will follow them as much as possible.

#7 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Oh nintendo come on....do it now plz

#8 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts