• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 technogeek99

technogeek99

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

When I hold the power button on the gamepad it comes on and then says it cant connect to the console and to move closer and junk. I can turn on the console and then the gamepad will come on but not the other way around.

I shouldn't have to move any closer to my console, it is literally right next to me.

I also know its not a sync problem because it's already been synced.

It's not a major problem, but I would like to be lazy and not have to get up and push the power button on the console everytime i wanted to play.

UDATE* I can turn off my Wii U with the Gamepad but it still wont let me turn it on and it wont resync...

Edited by technogeek99, 27 November 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#2 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

You may have to re-sync if your controller dosen't turn on automatically when you turn on the console check to see if that happens. If it doesn't then it may be a faulty controller the you have to bring back to the retailer to see if you can exchange or call Nintendo. I hope you get it working, I'm lazy and don't like to get up to turn on my console either so I know how you may feel.

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Yeah just try re syncing it if that dont work just take it back dude :)

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Try pressing the resync button on the console and controller at the same time.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 technogeek99

technogeek99

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

I have tried resyncing but the gamepad just says "This Wii U GamePad has already been paired. Please wait..." and it just says that and doesn't ever change.

#6 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Has it got full charge ?

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#7 darthbreh

darthbreh

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

Hello Community! I have a very similar Problem from the original post I cant turn my WiiU with the Gamepad it used to just fine, even when the console was off if I pressed the tv button the pad would turn on to control tv but even that has been rendered useless. Pad is Fully charged and synced. One day while playing ZombiU i stood up with pad in hand and A communications error ocurred with the number 103-9999 i simply acknowledged the issue by pressing ok and continued playing like nothing happened to make matters worse everytime I turn on the wii u from console's power button it gets stuck on the wii u logo and i have to manually unplug the power cable from the wall, reconnect turn on and it will work and I have to do this every single time I want to play, that plus the fact that I cant power on the Console from the pad is becoming very frustrating! I visit support.nintendo.com to no avail as there was no info on the error code above Ive been very happy with the wii u so far but this is just making me mad! I guess I'll call nintendo and report back! thanks for your time readers.

Before I forget I do have a WD hdd that is both usb 2.0 and 3.0 and is powered through usb only (as opposed to power outlet) and I know Nintendo said that these kind were the least recommended and with good reason as it has already failed while downloading games and playing But i highly doubt that is the cause for all the problem above. It cant hurt to test and report back, till then!

#8 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

I found a clip on youtube while researching stuff for the Wii U a short while back and a guy had trouble with his pad not connecting to the Wii U. He took out the power cable and backup battery from his Wii U, and put them back in after a short while.

His Wii U then communicated properly as it should have done. Maybe you could try that and see if it helps your problem?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gamepad, error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!