• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 wiiufoo

wiiufoo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

Getting to the point where i need to clean my gamepad. How do you guys clean yours? Im not experiened with it and want to be sure not to make a mistake. Thanks.

#2 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

Lol, is that what you kids are calling it these days?

#3 GoodGuy

GoodGuy

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

Lol, is that what you kids are calling it these days?

What? :S are u a creep or something?

Edited by GoodGuy, 05 December 2012 - 09:57 AM.

#4 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

it will never be fully clean :|

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

With a microfiber cloth.

Your pad shouldn't really be filthy, unless you play with dirty hands it should look brand new still. I clean the screen numerous times a day.

Edited by Zinix, 05 December 2012 - 10:07 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

Uh, I just use my shirt to wipe it gently.

#7 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

What? :S are u a creep or something?

Yes I'm a creep

#8 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Yeah no solvents of any kind....just use one of those chammies that they give you to clean eye glasses.

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 05 December 2012 - 10:26 AM.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#9 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

Uh, I just use my shirt to wipe it gently.

That's a bad idea. You risk damaging the screen. You should only use a micro fibre or lint free cloth like the ones used to clean camera lenses and glasses.

#10 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

With a microfiber cloth.

Your pad shouldn't really be filthy, unless you play with dirty hands it should look brand new still. I clean the screen numerous times a day.

so you're saying you dont have fingerprint marks and smudges... how?

636416_0.jpg

#11 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

That's a bad idea. You risk damaging the screen. You should only use a micro fibre or lint free cloth like the ones used to clean camera lenses and glasses.

I have a screen protector, so I don't mind so much if the protector gets ruined. I have extras, lol. My cloths are always all over the place, so I rarely use them.

#12 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

so you're saying you dont have fingerprint marks and smudges... how?

Because I'm a neat freak, lol. Any smudge or finger print I wipe away when I'm done with it.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

Because I'm a neat freak, lol. Any smudge or finger print I wipe away when I'm done with it.

Same here. LOL.

#14 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

I clean mine with a clean microfiber cloth every hour. Always make sure to clean your microfiber as it holds onto all the dirt and oil it picks up. Also wash your hands thoroughly to remove any oil, dirt or sweat from your hands before playing.

Edited by Viral Light, 05 December 2012 - 12:58 PM.

#15 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

I use a microfiber cloth every time the gamepad gets really dirty.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#16 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

im just getting a case no matter how many times you wipe it youll still have fingerprints on it

636416_0.jpg

#17 chipy

chipy

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

put a screen protector on it from new and use a microfiber cloth for the shell, works great.
J1zzyT1ssue so add me for a game

#18 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Thankfully i was smart enough to buy the white one so mine doesnt get too nasty, but i have wiped it down with a regular old cloth wipe. Comes out squeaky clean.

Edited by Varg, 05 December 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#19 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

Thankfully i was smart enough to buy the white one so mine doesnt get too nasty, but i have wiped it down with a regular old cloth wipe. Comes out squeaky clean.

What's being smart got to do with it. It's a matter of preference and perceived value. I prefer the black one as it matches the majority of my other consoles and electronic devices. I also rather have the internal 32GB storage as opposed to the white ones 8GB. Getting Zombi U and the pro controller as well as the gamepad cradle at a discounted price was also good. Besides the white Wii U and Gamepad can get just as grubby if not more so. It doesn't make any difference which colour you get when it comes to whether they stay clean or not. It's a matter of choice which colour you get at the end of the day. Whether your smart or not has got nothing to do with it.

#20 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

What's being smart got to do with it. It's a matter of preference and perceived value. I prefer the black one as it matches the majority of my other consoles and electronic devices. I also rather have the internal 32GB storage as opposed to the white ones 8GB. Getting Zombi U and the pro controller as well as the gamepad cradle at a discounted price was also good. Besides the white Wii U and Gamepad can get just as grubby if not more so. It doesn't make any difference which colour you get when it comes to whether they stay clean or not. It's a matter of choice which colour you get at the end of the day. Whether your smart or not has got nothing to do with it.

Thats all fine and dandy but you get what you pay for. You want the black so you have to deal with the print. If a person has a problem with prints the smart choice will be white.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!