• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 binx

binx

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

Every time I turn on the console I get this error it says USB unplugged and then the system locks and I have to unplug it from the back. Since the update I haven't had it just freeze in the middle if a game, but am now getting this every time it's turned on. Anyone else have a similar issue. I called Nintendo and they were clueless as usual.
Wii U: Riotfunk

#2 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

It means you have a usb powered drive that is a single cord usb the drive is underpowered and needs a y connector to function correctly

Edited by Zonark, 10 December 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#3 binx

binx

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

That is what I am using with the usb drive.
Wii U: Riotfunk

#4 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

Drive is having issues then guessing you have used drive b4 or its old. Did it acruallyvcome with y cable or did u just throw one on there? The resistor inside the external won't let the drive surpass a specific voltage for stability reasons. If it's a new drive it'd not compatible with wiiu because it green technology or whatever

#5 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

sorry for bringing up a old thread.

but i am using a little 500gb usb powered harddrive, its about 2years old.

recently ive got that error saying it has been unplugged.

How do i know if mine have a v cable?

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

You'll know if it was a y cable or not because it connects to the wii u twice.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!