• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 samelf

samelf

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

I used the one included with the system nothing, I used the one I have at home nothing. The system is working I used a composite cable to test it I know it can still get 1080p but I don't like all of the cords hooked up to it. Has any one else had this issue it almost seems like a faulty hdmi port.

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Might be the TV itself. Have you tried an alternate TV?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Make sure that your system is set to send out information in High Definition through the HDMI. Go to the System settings to check this. Also, make sure you have it set correctly on your TV.

Edited by SolxBurst, 12 December 2012 - 02:23 PM.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#4 samelf

samelf

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Ive done that and it doesn't work. I am fine using the composite if I have to I am just disappointed I paid this much and something doesn't work on it. It might be my tv I have an really old Lg hd tv but I have never had an issue before my pc works with it.

Edited by samelf, 12 December 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

I had a problem like this on the wii. What happen was the wii ended up getting setup for rca cables but i was using composite so it would just be black.
Had to plug up some rca cables and change it in the settings.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

I know my downstairs HDTV doesn't like my PS3, but it works just fine with the one in my bedroom. I really suggest trying a different TV if you haven't already. From the sound of your last post, you've only tried the one TV.

AuzzieWingman.png

#7 samelf

samelf

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

My main question is this will I really miss much using the compsite cord. If not Im not going to worry about it.

Edited by samelf, 12 December 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

I think when I used to play Battlefield 3 on composite, there was some things on the very edges of the HUD that I couldn't see like the fire mode. Some HUD elements may become hard to see, or not viewable.

If you really can't get the game to work purely on the gamepad, then try optimising the settings for composite.

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 samelf

samelf

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

The game pad works fine   so ill go with that  ^^. Thanks for all the advice.

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Just remember some games won't work on the Gamepad alone.

For the ones that do, you may have to tinker with the settings options first.

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

look at it, in a different TV.. if its the same.. turn it back and get a new one from the retailer.. Some wii Us dont play with the hdmi.. thats why

#12 Dark Link

Dark Link

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

look at it, in a different TV.. if its the same.. turn it back and get a new one from the retailer.. Some wii Us dont play with the hdmi.. thats why

If that is the case there is probably something wrong with the HDMI ports and perhaps there is a bad production run of Wii Us. Sometimes HDMI port failures happen. My 20GB PS3's HDMI port somehow broke but the composite port works like it should, however my 60GB PS3's HDMI has no problem.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-8971-0664

NNID: WirelessData

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Zelda Wind Waker HD

#13 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

I assume you mean component not composite, as composite is SD only. However in my experience yes you will be losing a lot of picture quality if using component and will have no option to upgrade to surround sound later as that only works over HDMI.

If you got it from a store and do not have access to another TV to test it on, you can always try to get the store to test it for you.

However do note that if you get the store to replace it you will lose everything on it INCLUDING your Nintendo Network account. So if you have anything you want to keep then your only option is to send it off to Nintendo to repair.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 12 December 2012 - 10:34 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

I assume you mean component not composite, as composite is SD only. However in my experience yes you will be losing a lot of picture quality if using component and will have no option to upgrade to surround sound later as that only works over HDMI.
If you got it from a store and do not have access to another TV to test it on, you can always try to get the store to test it for you.
However do note that if you get the store to replace it you will lose everything on it INCLUDING your Nintendo Network account. So if you have anything you want to keep then your only option is to send it off to Nintendo to repair.

This.

#15 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

as others have said, try it on another TV maybe a few if you can, if it doesn't work on any of them then contact Nintendo.

#16 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

If that is the case there is probably something wrong with the HDMI ports and perhaps there is a bad production run of Wii Us. Sometimes HDMI port failures happen. My 20GB PS3's HDMI port somehow broke but the composite port works like it should, however my 60GB PS3's HDMI has no problem.

the problem is, there is so many U's and thats an extra fear... For example in my country, shops avoid to give you a full refund or exchange it with a brand new, if something like that happens.. lol s@#@t (problematics + bad customer service and I dont speak about nintendo) = give me a break..

Edited by Orion, 15 December 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#17 Dark Link

Dark Link

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Yeah component that is what I meant.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-8971-0664

NNID: WirelessData

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Zelda Wind Waker HD

#18 samelf

samelf

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

I tried Nintendo repair and the guy I was talking to was less then helpful. He sad " Is it connected to the wii u on the proper input." I would say " yes but I am getting no signal" He would come back and go "umm ok let me think" and repeat the question. After fifteen mins of this he hang upon me. Any way I'm going to try another day and see if I can get someone that seems like they finished high school lol.

Edited by samelf, 16 December 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#19 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

nothing wrong with the hdmi. your about the 4 th person i seen have this problem. your settings are not right on the wii u. every1 else had no problem when they set their setting right.

#20 samelf

samelf

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

I have tried the settings I called back we walked through it on the phone and it says unable to apply settings. Even when I have it plugged into my  tv on the right channel. You almost sound like the Nintendo rep I was on the line with the first time no offense. I have worked with hdmi  devices for serval years the p23 the xbox 360 and when I plug the hdmi cord in it just works. With the wii u on the proper settings I get no signal. The hmdi cord seems the wii u about an inch and will not go in an father and seems to be very wiggly almost like the port is to small.  Any way long story short second guy got a repair order in after we tried a 100 different possible settings :x

Edited by samelf, 16 December 2012 - 05:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!