Photo

How do you think Nintendo could advertise better?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

We all know they have horrible advertisement for the Wii U.

What do you think they can do to get the name around? Where do you think they should advertise? How will this idea get more sales?

Post your ideas here!

Edited by Soul, 23 February 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

We all know they have horrible advertisement for the Wii U.

Even I agree with that.

#3 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

I was watching the recent CartoonNetwork Hall of Games Award and the first commercial that always appeared was a Wii U commercial. I would advertise the Wii U on the most popular shows on TV with newer and better Wii U commercials.

LordPickleton.png

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

POPULAR

PS4 is only 64 bit.
720 looks like it'll be 64 bit too.

How many bits is the Wii U?
They could advertise that and also claim blast processing.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

The new luigi commercial is how they should do every commercial from now on ill post examples.

the new luigi commercial

Pokemon red and blue commercial came on everyday on WB Kids.

I think the upcoming console wars will flare up more commercials like this.
Posted Image

#6 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

POPULAR

Go back to the clear, instructive style of the Wii Ads:

Scene 1) Teenage boy playing game in lounge, Dad and sister come in to watch football, he switches to Offscreen play they watch the match. Everyones happy. U PLAY ON

Scene 2) Family all play Nintendoland in family at the same time. Mum on controller is being chased by family brought together by mario chase. U PLAY TOGTHER

Scene3) Dad alone plays Zombi U (showing off mature games). U PLAY

Wii, U, All, Play. (or some such)

throw in celeb families and ideal lifestyle stuff and and funny sound at the start that signels it's a Wii U add and their off.

#7 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Just communicatie what we have:

WiiU:
- Nintendo's next gen gaming system is right here right now with:
- Triple A Exclusives
- huge back cataloque with Virtual Console
- continue playing while TV is occupied
- eShop
- integrated social network designed for gaming
- unique experience with Gamepad
- crossplay with 3DS

And then create a video not showing people playing, but just showing some scenes of the top of the bill released and upcoming games

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#8 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Pokemon red and blue commercial came on everyday on WB Kids.

KEEP THAT AWAY FROM PETA!

#9 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

They need to run ads during prime time tv shows on major networks, like ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX. It's probably more expensive than nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, but those networks and shows are both family friendly sometimes, and sometimes 16+ oriented. Maybe even advertise on ESPN. Sony and Microsoft do.

#10 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Better Advertisements. The ones I saw (cublucles / casual play) honestly made me almost disgraced to own a Wii U. Nothing wrong with casual, I play those games too.

Edited by TheDoctor13, 23 February 2013 - 12:13 PM.

Stupid Snowmads!

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Better Advertisements. The ones I saw (cublucles / casual play) honestly made me almost disgraced to own a Wii U. Nothing wrong with casual, I play those games too.

The coloured illuminated boxes didn't work anyway, we know that much.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Better advertisments in the Uk as the whole time it's been released I've only seen one that showed casual game, they need to show of gamers games

#13 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

Um not to have associated it with the Wii by calling it a Wii U. It 1) confuses non-gamers who buy these consoles as a gift, 2) Associates a feeling of what was really (bar a few games) the equivalent of an electronic frisbee (cheap simple, and fun for all ages, but you keep it in your cupboard most of the time).

They need now they've got the name to show a commercial with all the awesome games like ZombiU, Lego City: Undercover, Trine 2: DC, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (or X), Bayonetta 2 (they really need some in-game footage), Watch_Dogs (again they can't but it'd be nice), Need for Speed, along with some really great examples of gameplay on both Gamepad, Procontroller, local multi-player etc like Nintendoland etc and a tagline like um I dunno "big things come out of small boxes". But basically lots of exclusive games, lots of great examples of the gamepad, and some pretty games that look next gen such as Watch_Dogs and (I presume) Bayonetta 2, I'd say Xenoblade 2 about games looking next gen, BUT I think it still needs some work around the enemy models, everything else looks really nice for a game that looks huge, and I'd sacrifice game detail over sheer size of game without annoying loading screens any day of the week.

I know Nintendo have already done these kinds of adverts but obviously get rid of the fake family thing. O just get hold of the ad agency that does the weird Playstation commercials, Playstation commercials always jump at me and stick in my mind. Commercials that could be turned into memes too may get people to actually interact with the material, maybe even look into the console itself.

Just a few ideas

Edited by Penguin101, 24 February 2013 - 02:30 AM.

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

Maybe they should just be blunt. Have some kids say "Wii U? Is that a gamepad for Wii?" and then be like "No".

Then montage a bunch of decent games.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#15 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

Also maybe have official graphics comparison vids for multi-plats. The most obvious one is Need For Speed: Most Wanted. Call it U compare, U decide. When it got to next gen games they could do a similar comparison with multi-plats saying Can U spot the difference?

Edited by Penguin101, 24 February 2013 - 03:38 AM.

#16 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

Eh, I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. It doesn't fit Nintendo's M.O. to compare themselves to the competition, and possibly be why they have a lot of respect among the majority of people. Of course, there is nothing wrong with showing Most Wanted U as part of a montage.

Perhaps they could actually have a monologue where a voice over explains certain titles briefly for each game they choose to show, making it more exciting and fleshed out (at least in commercials).

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#17 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

Nintendo could actually advertise the Wii U, that would improve the advertising. I see adverts for 3DS all the time, I just dont understand why they're not doing the same for the Wii U.

Edited by Hunter, 25 February 2013 - 01:08 AM.

#18 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

Nintendo's usually hit and miss with advertising. Commercials for Luigi's Mansion: DM, Fire Emblem, the 3DS, Mario 3D Land, and some others are really great. But then there's stuff like the current Wii U commercials, and the commercial for the original Luigi's Mansion, that are just terrible. Nintendo's next Wii U ad campaign should show off both the casual games, and the hardcore games. Along with advertising console features like TVii, the eShop, etc.

#19 mmxforever

mmxforever

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • NNID:mmxforever
  • Fandom:
    Mega Man X, Mario, Sonic, Mario Kart

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

They could improve their advertising.........by actually advertising.

#20 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Get these guys again. They were in a freakyforms one and a Mario Kart 7 one also, and they did a good job in my opinion.

EDIT: How long was that minecraft video there? I didn't mean to put that. Here's the actual video.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 08 March 2013 - 05:53 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!