5 replies to this topic

#1 tsinc80697

tsinc80697

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hi,

I got my new Wii U today and I'm having issues with the Gamepad syncing. I connected everything up and turned the Wii U and Gamepad on, pressed sync on both devices then input the 4 symbols. The Gamepad synced fine and I went through setting the date, time and wifi network. The Gamepad then displayed a message saying it had lost connection to the Wii U even though I hadn't moved during the whole setup process.

I tried moving closer to the Wii U and still nothing so I did as the message said and turned off the Wii U and Gamepad. When I turned the console back on the Wii U loads and goes to the "New User" screen whilst the Gamepad still displays the same message about not being able to connect to the Wii U.

Is there any way of resetting the sync between the console and Gamepad? I've tried taking the battery out of the Gamepad, unplugging everything and leaving for 30 minutes. But it still just displays the same message and when I press the sync buttons nothing happens. I can still turn the console on via the Gamepad so it is still synced to some level, just won't do anything else!

TL;DR: Gamepad synced, lost connection now won't reconnect.

Any ideas much appreciated as i don't fancy having to send it back after a few hours!

Edited by tsinc80697, 23 February 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#2 WMT1st

WMT1st

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • NNID:WolfeDude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and ZombiU

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

I think the only solution would be to send it back.

35i3i3d.jpg

#3 tsinc80697

tsinc80697

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

So there is no way of resetting the console? I noticed there is a small battery inside the console, anything happen if you take this out? Is it like the CMOS battery in a PC?

#4 WMT1st

WMT1st

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and ZombiU

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

There is not a way apparently. You would have to mail Nintendo or at least call support. I wouldn't take the battery out, because if you have a warenty it would void it. Even if you did not it might mess up your Wii U even more.

Edited by WMT1st, 23 February 2013 - 01:45 PM.

35i3i3d.jpg

#5 tsinc80697

tsinc80697

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Ah well looks like it's going back to where I bought it from then. Not contacting Nintendo as it will take weeks to resolve. Will just send it back to retailer and maybe buy another or not with all the problems they seem to be having!

#6 WMT1st

WMT1st

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and ZombiU

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

They have alot of glitches. i hope they get fixed in the spring and summer updates!

35i3i3d.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gamepad, sync

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!