#1 Bubub12

Bubub12

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Hey all,
My dad is getting me a wii u from australia, and i live in India
I think the tv here is ntsc? Im not sure, and will it make any problem with AU wii u? And will i be able to play us games on my wii u?

Thnks

#2 Hikaruchu

Hikaruchu

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

I don't think there will be any video issues, but the WiiU is region locked so you must buy Australian WiiU games.
Posted ImageMy mii QR code.

#3 Bubub12

Bubub12

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

I don't think there will be any video issues, but the WiiU is region locked so you must buy Australian WiiU games.

Ahh yes, region lock.... It is fine with me if i have to purchase games from australia
Im just hoping it will work with the tv

#4 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

It all depends on what your local format is for games if it's ntsc an Australian console won't work with games from your local store as Australia runs on the PAL format.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#5 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

I don't think your TV will be a problem if it's relatively new (within last 5-6 years perhaps), as most have the ability to flick between NTSC and PAL I think. At least I know mine does.

You could always just do a quick Google search to see what India's format is. However, if I'm not mistaken, PAL - Aust. is only compatible with Australian and Kiwi consoles, and may or may not have problems with European models on occasion. You may end up having to import from Australia in the end.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#6 Bubub12

Bubub12

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

Hey all, thanks for all the replies
Now i get it.... My wii u will work bcause i just came to know that india is PAL to... So tv will not be a problem
But the voltage in ausie is 240 v and india is 220 v, will this create a problem?

#7 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

It all depends on what your local format is for games if it's ntsc an Australian console won't work with games from your local store as Australia runs on the PAL format.

Not true. NTSC and PAL are not an issue with LCD and plasma TV's regardless of where you live. The only issue is the region locking. Where as EU/UK games may well work as they did with previous consoles by Nintendo it would be best to stick to Australian games.

Hey all, thanks for all the replies
Now i get it.... My wii u will work bcause i just came to know that india is PAL to... So tv will not be a problem
But the voltage in ausie is 240 v and india is 220 v, will this create a problem?

I was under the impression India was 240 volts. I live in the UK and have been to India and have used various electronic devices over there. Regardless whilst a difference in 20 volts probably won't make a difference it would best to use a transformer to be safe.

#8 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

^^^ hence why I said games not TV.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#9 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

^^^ hence why I said games not TV.

Regardless NTSC/PAL has nothing to do with region locking either. Region locking is achieved by specific code on the disc that looks for a console from the same region. NTSC/PAL are video standards and are to do with the display of video on the screen in specific formats. Old CRT TV's only supported one or the other for years although several years before they were phased out here in the UK they supported both formats. In the US the old CRT TV's only supported NTSC. Hence why people here were able to watch NTSC VHS tapes and DVD's.

#10 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

Yes but if I game is pal it is generally the same region code as your console hence why us Australians can play games from hk, nz and most of Europe. Much like usa and Japan can.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Yes but if I game is pal it is generally the same region code as your console hence why us Australians can play games from hk, nz and most of Europe. Much like usa and Japan can.

Maybe so but that's not always the case and you can't just assume if the video standard is the same them the games will work. Japanese games are in NTSC but they won't play on a US Wii or Wii U for example. The same applied to the original Xbox, PS2, GameCube and most older consoles.

#12 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

^^^ Maybe for NTSC but for Pal it should all be the same, I played plenty of PAL games from UK, HK etc on my ps2. Like i said it might not always be the case but a simple google search would reveal the answer for the OP.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!