• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

I was so excited for this game, then the bad reviews from the other consoles and its all gone quiet on the wiiU side. Usually google would have some sort of news update when I'd search..but nothing. Some sites selling the game have put a release date of 31/5/13 - is that official now?
I wonder if any brave soul out there is actually going to buy this game now? - hopefully they release a demo of the finished version..

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

My local gamstop told me they cancelled the Wii U preorders because the game isn't coming out anymore. After hearing that the Wii U version is the absolute worst....it'd rather not have crap on the system.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Wow. How can the devz say the wiiU version is the best and then this happen? Seriously the biggest F Up in gaming history. I really thought the wiiU would still be the game that was promised and that the other consoles just had bad ports of the wii version...which explained the bad reviews.
ohwel..what next then? Watch dogs? Coz ill be getting that on ps4. This blows!

good job black ops is awesome on the gamepad! :) keeps me happy for now...and fifa on the ps3 :s

#4 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

Oh dear, looks like this game did get cancelled. I still can't belive GearBox lied :(

#6 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Oh dear, looks like this game did get cancelled. I still can't belive GearBox lied :(

Still looks like it'll be released in March as far as I know.
I am interested in how much truth there is in the AMA with the so called tester, his identity was verified before everything was deleted. If all he said was true could see a nice lawsuit coming up.

#7 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

I'm not interested in getting this game at all, even before the reviews. But all the theories and rumors about what went wrong with the game are interesting. I actually want to see the Wii U version release, just to see if it's any different from the other versions.

#8 WreckinMachineX

WreckinMachineX

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

I'm not one that's too big on reviews. I've played tons of awesome games that got lackluster reviews. I'm still hoping for a Wii U release.

#9 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

is this the same version released on the PS3/X360 & PC or is the WiiU better ?

#10 WreckinMachineX

WreckinMachineX

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

is this the same version released on the PS3/X360 & PC or is the WiiU better ?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Wii U version was actually being ported by Demiurge Studios. So while the 360/PS3 versions where reviewed poorly for horrible graphics (along with a ton of other reasons) the Wii U version still had hopes to be graphically superior. Gamepad support was also a big plus.

#11 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Gearbox has now released Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens:Colonial Marines. Two incredibly overhyped games that took years to develop and when released were found to be terrible, archaic, and extremely disappointing.

#12 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Wow. How can the devz say the wiiU version is the best and then this happen? Seriously the biggest F Up in gaming history. I really thought the wiiU would still be the game that was promised and that the other consoles just had bad ports of the wii version...which explained the bad reviews.

good job black ops is awesome on the gamepad! :) keeps me happy for now...and fifa on the ps3 :s

big surprise there...

but in reality, there is zero reason to.

It looks like the Wii U version.

And with the Wii U GamePad, that is the version to have.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 25 February 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#13 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

its delayed or canceled, a different team got the wiiU port.

best case senario, the wiiU team (dremuge or something kinda close to that) saw it sucked and is trying to fix it.

worse case, underfuned port so they canceled because it was garenteed to sell like crap.

#14 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

I'm not one that's too big on reviews. I've played tons of awesome games that got lackluster reviews. I'm still hoping for a Wii U release.

I'm not huge on reviews either...usually games with like a 6-10 I generally give a shot..but when multiple reviews give a game 2-4/10......even I look to spend my money elsewhere...its usually well deserved, or at least not worth picking up for $60. This would be a used $12 game tops for me.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#15 WreckinMachineX

WreckinMachineX

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

I'm not huge on reviews either...usually games with like a 6-10 I generally give a shot..but when multiple reviews give a game 2-4/10......even I look to spend my money elsewhere...its usually well deserved, or at least not worth picking up for $60. This would be a used $12 game tops for me.

Aliens isn't on top of my "must have" list or anything, a lot of other great games came out that I would rather spend $60 on, Aliens is a $20-$30 game tops, I think I can wait for that.

#16 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

its delayed or canceled, a different team got the wiiU port.

best case senario, the wiiU team (dremuge or something kinda close to that) saw it sucked and is trying to fix it.

worse case, underfuned port so they canceled because it was garenteed to sell like crap.

why is the WiiU the version to have, because the gamepad acts like the scanner, that doesn't actually do anything in the game ? the PS3, PC & X360 have the scanner on screen & it doesn't do anything so its not going to do anything on the WiiU other than look good & thats not worth paying £35+ for.

#17 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

why is the WiiU the version to have, because the gamepad acts like the scanner, that doesn't actually do anything in the game ? the PS3, PC & X360 have the scanner on screen & it doesn't do anything so its not going to do anything on the WiiU other than look good & thats not worth paying £35+ for.

I think you quoted the wrong post, based on the context you provided the poster you were trying to quote was referring to Watch Dogs.

#18 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

I think you quoted the wrong post, based on the context you provided the poster you were trying to quote was referring to Watch Dogs.

this is the Aliens thread though ?

#19 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Posted Yesterday, 04:24 PM

Posted ImageRolledUp20s, on 25 February 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

big surprise there...

but in reality, there is zero reason to.

It looks like the Wii U version.

And with the Wii U GamePad, that is the version to have.

See for context.

#20 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Gearbox sounds very sketchy, I will no longer support them after this nonsense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!