routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Yes and at the end of the day its your opinion just like my comments are my opinions. It doesn't automatically make yours right and mine wrong. I have experience dealing with these companies too.

Agreed.  Trust me when I say though, that the corporate culture at Microsoft is nothing like Apple, nothing like Sony.  They are actually a very good company to work with and for.  

#22 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

I'm going to preorder just for AC4!

#23 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

http://www.dvd.co.uk...4/pg828/ps4.htm

£499!! Sod that! Will wait a while if that's the price.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#24 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

I'm going to preorder just for AC4!

Um...

You do know you don't need a ps4 for that game, right?

Hey guys. Just seen that shopto have a preorder price of £399 for the new ps4. I preordered my wiiU and got it the day before with these so I'll do the same again.
If Sony announce its £450/500 ...then preorders always promise the original aswel..so £400 seems about right..if its announced cheaper then they will match that anyway aswel.

what's your thoughts?

It will likely be $500.
And we can get 3 or 4 of the wii u games revealed at e3 for the price difference and have the better control pad.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 05 March 2013 - 12:26 AM.

#25 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

But I wanna play it on PS4!

#26 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

http://www.dvd.co.uk...4/pg828/ps4.htm
£499!! Sod that! Will wait a while if that's the price.

Any prices listed right now are just guesses or estimates and I wouldn't assume they are neccessarily the final price. Its best to wait until there is an official announcement of the price.

#27 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:56 AM

Um...

It will likely be $500.
And we can get 3 or 4 of the wii u games revealed at e3 for the price difference and have the better control pad.

Um...

It will likely be $500.

the ps4 has a faster OS though..turn off mid game, turn back on and ya right back where u left off.

ps4 will get better 3rd party treatment than the wiiU. Heck..the ps3 does!

#28 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

I heard there will be no loading on PS4 as well.

#29 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

the ps4 has a faster OS though..turn off mid game, turn back on and ya right back where u left off.

That doesn't mean it has a faster, better, or any other -er OS.  We know absolutely diddly squat about the OS, so please don't make assumptions based on a simple hibernate feature.  

The Wii U hasn't been out long enough to judge the 3rd party support going forward.  What we do have is several 3rd party launch titles from several different 3rd party developers and publishers.  We also have announcements for upcoming AAA third party titles that will be developed for Wii U alongside the 720 and PS4, and everyone is going bananas over a developer deciding not to port their game that has already been in development for years.  That isn't the end of the world.  We know they won't get the kind of support from EA that EA themselves promised, but that's EA's issue.

Also, comparing the 3rd party support of a 7 year old console with a 4 month old one is disingenuous.  Things that are being released now for other platforms have been in development since before the Wii U was even unveiled, so I'm not sure why it is such a huge surprise to everyone that publishers might not want to put more resources into titles they've already paid to publish and advertise just to release a port on a new system, with new programmatic challenges, with a smaller user base.  It isn't rocket science people.

#30 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Dude, you compare third party support for a console in its twilight versus the one that just launched... seriously?

LOL

And what is this about PS4 super fast OS?  You haven't experienced it.

And anyone who is honest would say, it had better be fast compared to the current state of the Wii U OS.  Nintendo needs to get that optimization update out in a hurry. But being faster than something that is obviously not where it needs to be is seriously nothing to brag about. Heck, the PS2 and old busted original xbox responds faster.

And let's remember, we know Sony gets more third party help.  If they didn't, there would be no Playstation. That's how they got started and how they will continue.  Their first party is nothing for other developers to be threatened by, nor are they able to sustain a console if need be - unlike the amazing talents of Nintendo.

I heard there will be no loading on PS4 as well.

With 8 GB or RAM, loading needs to be a rare thing.

But I wanna play it on PS4!

Cool.  

$500 or so just to play the same game that the PS3 gang plays. 

That's your prerogative.

Some people buy a new car whenever their tires need replacing.

To each their own.

#31 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

As long as we get to kill whales in AC4, I'm stoked on all the details.

#32 dkrumble725

dkrumble725

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Chrono Trigger, SMT, DKC, and alot more.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

500 USD's for base model. Not sure about cost for possible bundles like the Wii U's. Not sure why you would want to pre-order though. Seems silly at the moment, not knowing what Microsoft has in store, and knowing that anything Sony touches turns to crap. Just Kidding. Maybe. Anyway, if I exist in a parallel universe, my other self might buy the PS4, but wait until the price is lowered. 

Posted Image
I SHALL PASS WITH RAMBI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!