• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Not sure if this is an issue from my end or if its been mentioned, wasn't quite sure how to look for it.

I've noticed that when I hold down my mouse button to select things and scroll to the edge of the screen I scroll to the right for a bit, far enough to just about cover half of a members avatar. There's no way to scroll back. A reload of the page will fix this most of the time, just curious as to way this is happening :P.

Also found it strange that no side scrolling bar pops up when I shrink the screen, I'm just not able to see the rest of the page.

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Yes, I've encountered this problem since the new layout was implemented. Also, when I access the forums on mobile devices (Wii U, iPad, etc.) there's always extra space on the right, it is there without scrolling left.

Not really something that absolutely needs to be fixed, but it being fixed would be nice.

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

I've come across this too and it started when the background layout was changed

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

press page down or end and click the ^ arrow.
It resets the page.
I'm not sure why it does this, it's probably some hidden elements or the banner being too large, center tag maybe but there's a similar issue where if you go down the page it sometimes hops to the right also.
The button fixes both.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

press page down or end and click the ^ arrow.
It resets the page.
I'm not sure why it does this, it's probably some hidden elements or the banner being too large, center tag maybe but there's a similar issue where if you go down the page it sometimes hops to the right also.
The button fixes both.

Just noticed the button fixes it as well :) , easier than reloading the page, not that the issue has occurred more than once by accident :P

#6 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Just a heads up, it seems maybe someones signature has been causing this problem to happen almost instantly upon visiting a thread they posted that... either that or the problem has been occurring a lot more often than usual.

*bumps*

Edited by NUNABIT, 01 March 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Just a heads up, it seems maybe someones signature has been causing this problem to happen almost instantly upon visiting a thread they posted that... either that or the problem has been occurring a lot more often than usual.

*bumps*

lol, that's pretty funny.

I don't think there's a co-relation though.

Edited by Nollog, 01 March 2013 - 02:43 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

lol, that's pretty funny.

I don't think there's a co-relation though.

I thought there was only because the problem seem to have been happening with a specific user... now it's just any page I go into. Meep meep.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

I thought there was only because the problem seem to have been happening with a specific user... now it's just any page I go into. Meep meep.

Probably all the updates feld0 done did.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, it seems like whenever I check the most recent post or post a response, the screen scrolls to the right and is locked for me.

#11 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

I have this problem too, it happens when I click this random button while trying to reply to someone.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#12 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

I believe I got this fixed. The original CSS for the header turned out to be a little funky, and had to be approached a different way to achieve the same visual effect without creating that horizontal scrolling on occasion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!