#1 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

to make the wii u a success. We havent gotten a ton of good 3rd party games on nintendo since SNES. Do you think wii u will have lots of great third party titles or not?

eKsvghU.jpg

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

I believe so, when developers really start cranking out next gen games it will be much easier to port across all consoles because of how simliar the setup/architecture is. Wii U is already getting 3rd party support and more announcements are being made (even if at the end of press statements IE Watch Dogs) on a more regular basis.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

I believe so, when developers really start cranking out next gen games it will be much easier to port across all consoles because of how simliar the setup/architecture is. Wii U is already getting 3rd party support and more announcements are being made (even if at the end of press statements IE Watch Dogs) on a more regular basis.

Do you think we'll get ports of PS4 and the next xbox games just with less impressive graphics and wii u gamepad features?

Edited by dtrexgaming, 25 February 2013 - 03:33 PM.

eKsvghU.jpg

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Do you think we'll get ports of PS4 and the next xbox games just with less impressive graphics and wii u gamepad features?

To be honest, I think the difference in graphics will be tough to call currently as lots of info still unknown. I think Wii U is in very good shape and will hold it's own. I don't think there will be too much downgrade (if their really is) and Nintendo will have the advantage of a dedicated gamepad with unique features including off screen play without the need for an additional purchase (ie vita)

Edited by Sorceror12, 25 February 2013 - 03:36 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

To be honest, I think the difference in graphics will be tough to call currently as lots of info still unknown. I think Wii U is in very good shape and will hold it's own. I don't think there will be too much downgrade (if their really is) and Nintendo will have the advantage of a dedicated gamepad with unique features including off screen play without the need for an additional purchase (ie vita)

Yeah true. When the wii came out we just got minigames, and it stayed that way. The wii u comes out and we get good ports of actual games. Hopefully it will stay that way :)

eKsvghU.jpg

#6 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

a lot depends on the number of WiiU owners, if the developers & publishers don't think they will sell enough on the WiiU they won't bother to spend the money porting it, furthermore the more bad news that comes out & the lack of 3rd party games the less people will buy a WiiU, there is also the DLC issue, the WiiU is getting none of the DLC that is being made available for the X360 & PS3, if the ability's of the WiiU are not used & the ports are just the PS3 or X360 versions of games people will just skip the WiiU, this means there is less reason to release on the WiiU.

Nintendo really need to get things moving because the longer they are leaving it the worse it is getting.

:(

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

We havent gotten a ton of good 3rd party games on nintendo since SNES.

This is simply not true.
The Wii gave birth to thousands of new third party games.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

This is simply not true.

pity 99% of them were shovelware though :(

#9 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

This is simply not true.

I mean quality third party games
the wii had a lot of minigame collections
that made up about 40% of the games on wii
a lot of them were also really crap cashins
most of the rest were pretty medicore
the only ports were kids games
a lot of the good games were nintendo games
some just SUCKED
about 4% of the wiis library didnt fall into any of those catagories

Edited by dtrexgaming, 25 February 2013 - 03:45 PM.

eKsvghU.jpg

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

This is simply not true.

Agreed, also, the third party support out of the gate for the Wii U is not as bad as people like to think even though some of them are haphazard 360 ports that were developed on very early hardware.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

I mean quality third party games
the wii had a lot of minigame collections
that made up about 40% of the games on wii
a lot of them were also really crap cashins
most of the rest were pretty medicore
the only ports were kids games
a lot of the good games were nintendo games
about 8% of the wiis library didnt fall into any of those catagories

http://playingwithsuperpower.com/the-ten-worst-snes-games-i-have-ever-played/
Bad games exist everywhere.
Your memories are clouded, if you're old enough to have had a SNES as a kid.
If not, you've only heard of the good games.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Agreed, also, the third party support out of the gate for the Wii U is not as bad as people like to think even though some of them are haphazard 360 ports that were developed on very early hardware.

Your right the support ATM is fine.
I just dont know if it will stay that way.

http://playingwithsu...ve-ever-played/

Bad games do exist everywhere
but since SNES we havent been getting as many third party support because of some stupid desisions Nintendo made during the N64. Then companys went to Playstation you know the story :P. Anyway Ubisoft has been nice. Activision is.......uhh okay :P. EA has been..........porting.
and other than those companys not much 3rd party support for wii u. Everything depends on what happens next. We just need the third party support to grow not decrease like it may.

there is also the DLC issue, the WiiU is getting none of the DLC that is being made available for the X360 & PS3, if the ability's of the WiiU are not used & the ports are just the PS3 or X360 versions of games people will just skip the WiiU, this means there is less reason to release on the WiiU.

:(

DLC is going fine for games like AC3. I think companys are just not willing to put DLC on wii u. Its obious that its an easy task.

eKsvghU.jpg

#13 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

the only reason the snes had great 3rd party was because of quality control peeps.

2lvmghw.png

#14 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

the only reason the snes had great 3rd party was because of quality control peeps.

That
Is probably true XD.
Also that nintendo had the highest end system on the SNES
and more people bought it because tons of games so then more games came out
yea.

http://playingwithsu...ve-ever-played/

Yes every system has bad games
wii just had too many of them

eKsvghU.jpg

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Yes every system has bad games
wii just had too many of them

You already replied to that post 15 minutes ago.

That's an opinion. I find the opinion on the wii to be skewed, and quite childish.
The SNES had many worse games on it than the Wii, but memories fade.

Edited by Nollog, 25 February 2013 - 04:32 PM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

You already replied to that post 15 minutes ago.

That's an opinion. I find the opinion on the wii to be skewed, and quite childish.
The SNES had many worse games on it than the Wii, but memories fade.

You could be right. I dunno :P

eKsvghU.jpg

#17 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

I agree with Nollog. Now while there are some amazing games on the SNES, it also does have MANY more horrible games than the Wii did. And this is because the library was bigger on the SNES. The SNES is my favorite console of all time, but let's take off the rose-tinted glasses, people.

#18 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

better than wii, yes.

but enough to be called success, iffy, think wiiU will gain ground, and 720 lose the most ground.

will probly be overall successful for nintendo, not so sure about winner to the public.

#19 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

better than wii, yes.

but enough to be called success, iffy, think wiiU will gain ground, and 720 lose the most ground.

will probly be overall successful for nintendo, not so sure about winner to the public.

Okay. We dont know anything about the 720 so we dont know yet TBH :P

I agree with Nollog. Now while there are some amazing games on the SNES, it also does have MANY more horrible games than the Wii did. And this is because the library was bigger on the SNES. The SNES is my favorite console of all time, but let's take off the rose-tinted glasses, people.

RIGHT! XD. Thanks. Enough talk about SNES, lets talk about the topic :P

eKsvghU.jpg

#20 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

I think next year at this time will be a much better gauge of the Wii U's success and future. I want to so they will, but I don't know...and for those who say 100% no..they don't know either. I figure after the 1st year and 1 E3/Holiday season behind their belt...we will will get a better picture of what to expect. I really hope great things!
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!