• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#21 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Not to be rude but I am not sure where you get your math from...but a 25% drop is still around $75 bucks for Wii U 8 gig and $87 bucks for Wii U 32 gig.. my examples are more like 17% off from MFSG which gives a $50 - $60 price drop. To you it may not seem "that far off" but when you compare it to current retail pricing of a 3DS XL going for it's new MFSG of $199.99 Nintendo could really hurt itself offering the Wii U Basic Console at 30% off, that would make it around $210.00...

You gave wii u + nintendo land and mario a price of $299, its now $399, thats a $100 drop, 25%?

Btw, I agree with your $299 price of the bundle, just for the fact it gets them under the $300 mark, except I'm hoping for a new game bundle with that price.

Edited by TheSparrow87, 26 February 2013 - 09:14 AM.

#22 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

You know the PS4's release date?
Do tell.

Yes, Holiday 2013, they said it during the reveal.

#23 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

You gave wii u + nintendo land and mario a price of $299, its now $399, thats a $100 drop, 25%?

Btw, I agree with your $299 price of the bundle, just for the fact it gets them under the $300 mark, except I'm hoping for a new game bundle with that price.

Good point, I am not counting added software into the price. ^_^ I do think their bundles are good value currently though and wish I would of held out for the zombi U with pro controller, but i dont mind since i had it at launch :laugh:
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#24 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Good point, I am not counting added software into the price. ^_^ I do think their bundles are good value currently though and wish I would of held out for the zombi U with pro controller, but i dont mind since i had it at launch :laugh:

Aye, they are, but as I haven't bought one yet, I hope my Retro Studio predictions/hopes come true though, for even better value ^^

#25 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

I very much doubt there will be a price drop anytime soon regardless of the price of the PS4 or Microsoft's next console. They will most likely cost more anyway plus Nintendo is already selling the Wii U at a loss.

#26 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

I very much doubt there will be a price drop anytime soon regardless of the price of the PS4 or Microsoft's next console. They will most likely cost more anyway plus Nintendo is already selling the Wii U at a loss.

Agreed. I also just don't see the point of cutting the price, at least in the US, the price is appropriate.

#27 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Just to add. Nintendo's problem isn't the price but a lack of compelling first and third party software. If that was there neither the price nor the hardware sales would be a point of contention.

#28 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

Just to add. Nintendo's problem isn't the price but a lack of compelling first and third party software. If that was there neither the price nor the hardware sales would be a point of contention.

two for two! I think they were trying to get third parties to release while the system had few first party titles to compete with at launch. Now that the launch window is coming to a close, Nintendo needs to get out ahead of it and start announcing some stuff, though we are most likely going to have to wait for e3 to find out much.

#29 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

Once Nintendo releases their big-hitters, console sales should grow considerably and stay steady. Instead of price cuts, Nintendo should just release compelling bundles with different software and accessories. The Zombi U bundle that was released in Europe and the one that just came out in NA is a great start. Wish they would've had the NA bundle at launch. Definitely would've picked it up.

Edited by Crispy Bacon, 26 February 2013 - 01:13 PM.

Posted Image

#30 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

Once Nintendo releases their big-hitters, console sales should grow considerably and stay steady. Instead of price cuts, Nintendo should just release compelling bundles with different software and accessories. The Zombi U bundle that just came out in NA is a great start and I wish this would've been available at launch. Definitely would've picked it up.

And I like the idea of delivering download versions of the games with the console bundle as a money saver.

#31 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Looking at vgchartz (I know not the most reliable source but don't know of a better one) it shows sales of the wii u into 2013 still quite slow. Marginally ahead of the wii, which many have claimed has run out of steam.

http://www.vgchartz....-february-16th/

PS3 and 3DS seem to be the big sellers into 2013.

Nintendo have not released the manufacturing cost of the wii u and we don't know how the factor the wii u as loss making. They may be trying to get back R&D costs on the first 5 million consoles sold for example. We just don't know if the statement is honest.

I think it is likely the wii u will get a gamepad with a smaller screen (slightly) and a price reduction at the same time late this year. However Nintendo are under massive pressure to reduce the price due to low sales and its possible we will see a price reduction before hand but I feel its more likely a game will be bundled in for free like Mario. I think they are likely to increase value rather than reduce price.

However as previously stated great exclusive games sell consoles and this is a major factor to.

#32 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Looking at vgchartz (I know not the most reliable source but don't know of a better one) it shows sales of the wii u into 2013 still quite slow. Marginally ahead of the wii, which many have claimed has run out of steam.

http://www.vgchartz....-february-16th/

PS3 and 3DS seem to be the big sellers into 2013.

Nintendo have not released the manufacturing cost of the wii u and we don't know how the factor the wii u as loss making. They may be trying to get back R&D costs on the first 5 million consoles sold for example. We just don't know if the statement is honest.

I think it is likely the wii u will get a gamepad with a smaller screen (slightly) and a price reduction at the same time late this year. However Nintendo are under massive pressure to reduce the price due to low sales and its possible we will see a price reduction before hand but I feel its more likely a game will be bundled in for free like Mario. I think they are likely to increase value rather than reduce price.

However as previously stated great exclusive games sell consoles and this is a major factor to.

VGChartz is way off on Wii U sales.

#33 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

If the PS4 is really expensive then the Wii U is fine but if Sony price it fairly then one could be needed, but honestly I can't see Nintendo doing a drop either way.

#34 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

And I like the idea of delivering download versions of the games with the console bundle as a money saver.

That would be nice, a big title and maybe some small eshop or virtual console games pre-installed.

Edited by TheSparrow87, 27 February 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#35 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

That would be nice, a big title and maybe some small eshop or virtual console games pre-installed.

What would be really cool is a bundle with a big game and something like $40 eShop credit, along with all of the other Premium package perks. I think this would be basically identical to your idea so long as the credit is used toward indie games.

#36 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

What would be really cool is a bundle with a big game and something like $40 eShop credit, along with all of the other Premium package perks. I think this would be basically identical to your idea so long as the credit is used toward indie games.

Would indeed be nicer to be able to chose the indie games instead of a forced bundle ^^

#37 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

I see a good bundle maybe for the holiday season. But they don't need to lower the price. They just need that surprise Retro game, that Mario, that Wind Waker and that X game to come out this year. Units sold.

And the good bundle I see? Wind Waker built in, with a larger storage option, for 379.99.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#38 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

I see a good bundle maybe for the holiday season. But they don't need to lower the price. They just need that surprise Retro game, that Mario, that Wind Waker and that X game to come out this year. Units sold.

And the good bundle I see? Wind Waker built in, with a larger storage option, for 379.99.

Yet another good idea, we need to get in touch with Reggie, have him hire us on a marketing consultants.

#39 blu gamepad

blu gamepad

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

Its too soon. The Wii U just came out only a couple of months ago. The 3DS situation was a one time exception that's unlikely to happen again for obvious reasons. More software is all that is needed to make the Wii U more attractive. If they cut the price now, it will simply come off as Nintendo in panic mode, and burn those who adopted early.

#40 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

Its too soon. The Wii U just came out only a couple of months ago. The 3DS situation was a one time exception that's unlikely to happen again for obvious reasons. More software is all that is needed to make the Wii U more attractive. If they cut the price now, it will simply come off as Nintendo in panic mode, and burn those who adopted early.

Agreed, however that would mean ambassador status, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!