• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#141 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

pc gaming rigs have a 3 year life whereas console will hold up for 6-10 years.

Next.

lol 

Edited by EvilMoogle, 20 August 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#142 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

Basically a joke all around and only proved pc gaming rigs have a 3 year life whereas console will hold up for 6-10 years.

You can't be serious with that statement. Just because new PC hardware is released constantly doesn't mean the older hardware automatically becomes inadequate to run most games released that generation.

#143 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

You can't be serious with that statement. Just because new PC hardware is released constantly doesn't mean the older hardware automatically becomes inadequate to run most games released that generation.

Actually the article itself gave the pc rig 3 years before upgrades. It was going for cheap. Not a $5000 rig. Which obviously loses any cost credibility.

So. Now we know the date of the Wii U price cut.

11/15/2013

Well assuming Nintendo knows what they are doing.

Edited by Dharmanator, 21 August 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#144 beenle1

beenle1

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

if drop but not too much

#145 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:15 AM

With the Wii U still selling at a loss (I can't believe that they are still not making money off the Wii U...Nintendo needs to negotiate with their suppliers) I doubt that they would cut the price and bleed their profits even more.  I think instead they can make the Wii U a better value; for instance bundling the Deluxe with both NintendoLand and LoZ:WWHD pre-installed on the system, along with a $15-$20 off promotional ticket for the eShop on games like Pikmin 3, The Wonderful101, or LegoCity: Undercover, etc while keeping the system at $349.99.  They should do this before the PS4/X1 releases; maybe around the last week of October the latest.

#146 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

With the Wii U still selling at a loss (I can't believe that they are still not making money off the Wii U...Nintendo needs to negotiate with their suppliers) I doubt that they would cut the price and bleed their profits even more. I think instead they can make the Wii U a better value; for instance bundling the Deluxe with both NintendoLand and LoZ:WWHD pre-installed on the system, along with a $15-$20 off promotional ticket for the eShop on games like Pikmin 3, The Wonderful101, or LegoCity: Undercover, etc while keeping the system at $349.99. They should do this before the PS4/X1 releases; maybe around the last week of October the latest.

While those are worthy ideas there is still one problem. .. it costs $349 and the PS4 is $399 and looks a much better value. You now get 4 "free to play" games on day one also.

The 3ds had no competition when it was floundering and they still had to cut the price to move the system.

Now Nintendo has two great systems coming out for the holiday to compete with.

They will be lucky to have 20% of the market in the next few years. It is that bleak.

#147 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

Yeah Wii U is going to get rocked by the PS4 and X1 coming up shortly.  A price drop is needed.  

#148 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

While those are worthy ideas there is still one problem. .. it costs $349 and the PS4 is $399 and looks a much better value. You now get 4 "free to play" games on day one also.

The 3ds had no competition when it was floundering and they still had to cut the price to move the system.

They will be lucky to have 20% of the market in the next few years. It is that bleak.

Except that the PS4 has a few hidden costs such as:

No BC, thus eliminating the possibility of trading in your PS3 if you want to play your PS3 games. Heck, even your PSN games don't transfer

You have to buy all new controllers, each costing $60

Online multiplayer is an extra $60

The Wii U has ONE that's easy to remedy: storage. And considering that hard drives CONSTANTLY go down in price it's not a huge issue, especially if you don't get a lot of digital games. It amazes me that people keep forgetting this.

#149 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

1. What you say is true about the PS4 but look at Xbox One. Xbox One is gonna include Kinect, Fifa 14 and maybe 1 months of Xbox Gold sub. While they are crappy add-ons, the Xbox One has beaten the PS4 in pricing of value day one but the not everyone is rushing to buy Xbox One.

2. The 3DS does have competition and the name is PS Vita. The 3DS was only lower to damage the Vita's sales and since then it hasn't been lowered(I know this for UK not anywhere else).

3.This true but it would be the same around for Sony or Microsoft if they came earlier.

4. Come on, 20% is a bit low.

Edited by The Green Ranger, 22 August 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#150 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

1. What you say is true about the PS4 but look at Xbox One. Xbox One is gonna include Kinect, Fifa 14 and maybe 1 months of Xbox Gold sub. While they are crappy add-ons, the Xbox One has beaten the PS4 in pricing of value day one but the not everyone is rushing to buy Xbox One.

2. The 3DS does have competition and the name is PS Vita. The 3DS was only lower to damage the Vita's sales and since then it hasn't been lowered(I know this for UK not anywhere else).

3.This true but it would be the same around for Sony or Microsoft if they came earlier.

4. Come on, 20% is a bit low.

1. Fifa is only included in Preorders for Europe. A PS4 + Fifa is still $40 cheaper than an Xbox 1.

2. You are guessing that it will include a month of Xbox Live. Why should I believe that?

3. The Kinect will have little or no value to the hardcore gamers that will preorder the Xbox1.

#151 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

Aiddon:

First of BC means nothing to me. One I never go back to old games. 2 nothing says I have to chuck my old system.

Online multi does not cost anything.

My Wii U did not come with any Wii+ controllers. .. yours did? So I would have to buy those and nunchucks.

That nullifies hidden costs.

The Green Ranger:

Xbox One is $100 more with Kinect no one wants

Also Xbox preorders bombed due to the policies they since removed.

I need to look it up but I thought the 3ds had a pretty good head start on the Vita

#152 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

1. Fifa is only included in Preorders for Europe. A PS4 + Fifa is still $40 cheaper than an Xbox 1.

2. You are guessing that it will include a month of Xbox Live. Why should I believe that?

3. The Kinect will have little or no value to the hardcore gamers that will preorder the Xbox1.

1. Regardless of country it would still be cheaper.

2. They did it for Xbox 360, so there is a pretty strong chance.

3. Causal gamers always out rank hardcrore gamers. 

4. Also considering Xbox Kinect Adventures gained 18 mill sales, I think Kinect may prove to be a worthwhile investment. 

Edited by The Green Ranger, 22 August 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#153 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Aiddon:

First of BC means nothing to me. One I never go back to old games. 2 nothing says I have to chuck my old system.
Adorable, still doesn't change the fact that it's an issue for a LOT of people.

Online multi does not cost anything.

Yes it does. You wanna play multiplayer online you're gonna have to use PS+

My Wii U did not come with any Wii+ controllers. .. yours did? So I would have to buy those and nunchucks.

No, but I still had everything left over from my Wii.

That nullifies hidden costs.
The above examples say otherwise

Not exactly as big of a competitor as it first appeared, is it? Face it, the PS4 is going to have a typical launch year and the Wii U is NOT going to be in trouble over it. To suggest otherwise is trying to judge things in a vacuum.

#154 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Not exactly as big of a competitor as it first appeared, is it? Face it, the PS4 is going to have a typical launch year and the Wii U is NOT going to be in trouble over it. To suggest otherwise is trying to judge things in a vacuum.

PlayStation 4 is sold out.
I judge it by the fact there are 1.5 million people on the waiting list for gamestop alone. This number does not include orders already placed.

That is no vacuum. PS4 Will surpass Wii U in about 6 months.

To call that a normal launch year and no real competition is just ignorant.

Let me edit one thing. The only thing that would keep it from passing the Wii U would be production capacity. Not willing customers.

Edited by Dharmanator, 22 August 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#155 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

cutting the price isn't going to make any difference if there is only a handful of games for the system, the WiiU won't of been out a year & the price of it is being cut, Nintendo should be competing with games & hardware not price.

#156 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

PlayStation 4 is sold out.
I judge it by the fact there are 1.5 million people on the waiting list for gamestop alone. This number does not include orders already placed.

So did the Wii U. And the 3DS. Selling out pre-orders means nothing, it's par for the course and anyone who has studied gaming history can tell you that much. This idea that it will surpass the Wii U is wishful thinking. We still don't really know how the majority of people will really react towards the XB1 or the PS4 as the PS3 and 360 are good enough for most. It's like how PCs having been selling a lot due to current computers being more than enough for people.

#157 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

So did the Wii U. And the 3DS. Selling out pre-orders means nothing, it's par for the course and anyone who has studied gaming history can tell you that much. This idea that it will surpass the Wii U is wishful thinking. We still don't really know how the majority of people will really react towards the XB1 or the PS4 as the PS3 and 360 are good enough for most. It's like how PCs having been selling a lot due to current computers being more than enough for people.

You can say preorders mean nothing. .. but when the Wii U sells 400, 000 I'm the first week and the PS4 has 1 million pre-order already and 1.5 million waiting it is pretty obvious it is going to crush any console launch to date.

The only thing I am disappointed in is the fact Infamous is pushed back until February. That is very Nintendo like 8).

#158 Nintyfan

Nintyfan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Many things.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Don't think there's gonna be a huge price cut anytime soon especially if the Wii U is still be sold at a lost.

Edited by Nintyfan, 22 August 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#159 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

You can say preorders mean nothing. .. but when the Wii U sells 400, 000 I'm the first week and the PS4 has 1 million pre-order already and 1.5 million waiting it is pretty obvious it is going to crush any console launch to date.

Because early adopters are nothing new. Furthermore, releases and sales have just been becoming more and more frontloaded, so again, just because it has 1 million preorders doesn't really mean much when you're hit with that context. It's why a movie breaking box office records doesn't really mean much anymore or why a game hitting huge numbers first week doesn't mean much. Sure, the launch week might be big, but then you have to think of the subsequent weeks and, let's face it, followup sales being far lower is very common now.

#160 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

With all the incoming games, the last thing Nintendo needs is a price cut.

If Nintendo has planned a good release schedule for the first half of next year, it won`t need it either as the most likely scenario is XB1 and PS4 being either sold out for some time or sales of both dropping in result of direct competition with each other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!