• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 ProjectX3dsman

ProjectX3dsman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Ubisoft have stated that they have run Watch Dogs on the Wii U, and it sounds like they are starting development with the "next gen" consoles. However, Ubisoft never said what the Wii U is considered in their opinion, next gen or current gen. Now those fears are put to rest because Ubisoft has said that they haven't started developing the PS3 or 360 version. Therefore, the only logical conclusion since the Wii U one is under development is that the Wii U version is a port of the PS4 version.

http://www.gamercent...nt-started-yet/

#2 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Good news. Looks like they're trying to make up for the Legends scandal. It's sort of working.

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

A PS4 port? Wouldn't it make more sense to port from the PC and scale everything to take advantage of that console?

At least it won't be a PS3/360 port.

Posted Image

#4 PixelKnot

PixelKnot

Blooper

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Awesome. Good to hear.

#5 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Good news, hopefully.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#6 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

This belongs in the game section imo, where there is already a thread going on about Watch Dogs as well, think its even mentioned there already as well.

#7 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

A PS4 port? Wouldn't it make more sense to port from the PC and scale everything to take advantage of that console?

I believe the PS4 and Wii U versions will be PC ports. That's good because, as you said, they can scale the game accordingly and make it the absolute best it can be on each console. I expect the Wii U version to share more in common with the high-end platforms. Of course, that's all in Ubisoft's hands.
Posted Image

#8 ProjectX3dsman

ProjectX3dsman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

This belongs in the game section imo, where there is already a thread going on about Watch Dogs as well, think its even mentioned there already as well.

Your right, sorry. I did not know this was mentioned earlier.

#9 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Should be based off the same assets as PC/PS4. From what has been shown of Watch Dogs, there is nothing going on in the PC or PS4 version of the game that the Wii U cannot handle with aplomb (just wanted to use that word. don't get to do so enough...).

Different teams handling coding.

Team from Wii U will then downgrade everything from the U version to fit with old PPC consoles -- if UBI still wants to do that by then.

They are looking at intall base and therefore sales potential. But if the new gen takes off better by the holidays, there may not be an old gen version.

The game is already like Deus Ex on steroids, but way better graphically and minus the "augs." lol

#10 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

In all honestly i wouldnt care if it was a ps3/360 port, Its not like they will be bad games.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

They've only been developing it on PC.
If anything it'll be a PC port.
Exactly like the PS4 version will be.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Should be based off the same assets as PC/PS4. From what has been shown of Watch Dogs, there is nothing going on in the PC or PS4 version of the game that the Wii U cannot handle with aplomb (just wanted to use that word. don't get to do so enough...).

Different teams handling coding.

Team from Wii U will then downgrade everything from the U version to fit with old PPC consoles -- if UBI still wants to do that by then.

They are looking at intall base and therefore sales potential. But if the new gen takes off better by the holidays, there may not be an old gen version.

The game is already like Deus Ex on steroids, but way better graphically and minus the "augs." lol

Agreed. I approve of this word usage as well lol.

#13 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

I see it going something like this
PC>>>>> PS4>Wii U>>>> 360 >>>>>PS3
PC is best: absolute given. PS4 will be next, but only because it is more powerful than Wii U, but it shouldn't be too big of a difference because they will both most likely be based on the PC versions and the Wii U has the gamepad (although there is the Vita Connection, but we don't know how well that works yet). Then it will be the 360 which will have worse graphics due to older hardware, but it will have Smartglass on its side, and then we will have the PS3 version because it's harder to code for (hence the sloppy ports it sometimes gets with games like Skyrim, Bayonetta, and CoD), and the Vita Connection doesn't work as well as the gamepad or Smartglass.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#14 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Honestly, I don't know if this is good or bad. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#15 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

no.
Start on the highest console then port to eveythign else.
Its harder to do things on the pc since they all have different specs. While consoles are just one system made for gaming.

But either way this sounds good. I hoping to see some really wii u power.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

We are getting the good version yeeeeeessssss!!!

Signature_DK.png

#17 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

I also love how you deduced the fact that the Wii U version isn't a PS360 port by remembering that they got a Wii U version running already, you critical thinking you...:P

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 26 February 2013 - 05:44 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Wow, that's just awesome news, I can't wait to see what it looks like running on the Wii U, hopefully at E3 this year :D

#19 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Thats probably what is happening, and what I expected all along.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#20 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Thats probably what is happening, and what I expected all along.

Same here, I don't know why so many expected an up port from 360. It would make much more sense to build Wii U first, with PC assets, then downport that to 360 and PS3, though considering both of those consoles are CPU centric, I doubt those versions will be great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!