Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

My first gaming console was the N64. I received it as a gift when I was 3 years old from two kids my Mom use to babysit. I remember connecting it to the family TV and placing Star Fox 64 (my first game ever!) into the N64 slot. At that time I had never witness anything so beautiful so breathtaking! My little 3 year old brain could barely comprehend the actions before my eyes! I then rapped my small clammy hands around the controller... and that was it. I have been hooked to gaming ever since.

How did you get your first system?

Edited by Goomba, 28 February 2013 - 12:12 PM.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#2 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

If I could only remember... It's been so long.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

I believe it was when my parents bought the N64 when it was the new thing. My mom loved playing Mario 64. :P

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Atari 2600, don't remember enough to know what I played, just remember playing it. The next one I do remember was NES, and I played the crap out of Duck Hunt.

#5 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

well, when i was born, the n64 was in my house...... but the first thing that i owned when i was born was the gamecube, and the first thing that was mine, was a gbc

wa3Nq7j.png

#6 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

n64 was my first, dont remember why my parents got it but i have faint memories of going to Walmart and getting it. Only game i ever had for it was mario64 and that was it.............

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

My friend gave me a spare GameBoy Colour and a copy of Pokemon Yellow, later I brought my own in the shape of a GameBoy Colour Limited Pikachu Edition, that was about 1998 or 1999 I think.

#8 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

The first systems that I were born with were both the NES, SNES and the Sega Genesis. I mainly played Duck Hunt, Super Mario World, and Jurassic park on their respective consoles.

The first console that was ever mine though was the Nintendo 64, while my brother got the PS1. I remember playing a ton of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. I didn't know how to read when I played those games, being a leetle babby and all, so beating the game was a ton of trial and error, while exploring all of the crevices of the vast world.

Edited by Tom, 27 February 2013 - 05:07 PM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#9 DMagoo24

DMagoo24

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

I know my brother had an Atari that I barely played, but I did play. I imagine that was there before I came around, and we had a NES that came out after I was born, but I'm sure it wasn't for me...

I do remember for Christmas my parents getting us a Genesis as a family present. And the SNES the following year.

#10 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

My first gaming system was the GameCube, my cousin gave his to me. At the time, I lived in a country where gaming is very obscure, so getting one was quite exciting. I had Super Mario Sunshine, Crash Bandicoot and Batman Begins, but no memory card so I had to replay the game everytime I turned it off. I eventually got the memory card and a few other games I can't remember.

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name

#11 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

I'm not sure what to count as my "first". When I was really young there was an NES hooked up to our living room TV and eventually it got passed down to me. But that was after I had my N64.

So my real first would be either the Gameboy or SNES. I don't remember which I got first, it was such a long time ago. Either way, they were a Christmas/Birthday present.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#12 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

The Sega Genesis was owned by my dad before I was born.

#13 Stitches

Stitches

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • NNID:Psyker
  • Fandom:
    Star Fox, Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, etc.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

My parents got me a NES when I was about 3 or 4. Mainly played the old Mario games and Duck Hunt. Eventually got a SNES and that was just the best thing ever. Anyhow, I've been playing games since then.

3DS Friend Code: 1306-5598-7355

NNID: Psyker

#14 xeoRogue

xeoRogue

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

This brings me back, first i ever played was mc kids a mcdonolds mario rip off that actually amazing, after that vecter man for the genises and the first i owned as my very own was the clear green N64 donkey kong edition, still own it today :)

#15 A W Reezy

A W Reezy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, NBA2K

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

My parents bought me a NES when I was 6 month old (sure they bought it for me and not them...LOL) so it was already in the house by the time I could remember. However, I remember Mom and Dad getting me the SNES. I remember I played Super Mario World for hours.

#16 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

I got a PS2 for my birthday a long time ago. Sadly its broken now and I never bothered to fix it cause I was having so much fun with Super Smash Bros Melee.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#17 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

my parents help me brought me the snes

#18 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

I remember, my brother was kind of a game freak back in the day, I couldn't remember if my first system was a Genesis or a NES.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#19 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

My first console was a Gameboy color. I remember staying up late when I couldn't sleep and would play Mario bros. deluxe with my mom. Ahh those were the days.But my first game I played was Mario 64 , I still play it a lot :)

Signature_Fox.png

#20 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

My dad sold his atari 2600 to get my sister and I a Super Nintendo. Those were the days, playing Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World non stop until nightfall.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: First System, Console, The Great Goomba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!