#21 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

I got a 2 year old n64 as a hand-me-down from my cousin who sold it to fund their purchase of the PS2, i was given about 7 games on it and to this day it has been the best console i have ever had. The only thing i ever had to replace was the controller toggles due to wear, but otherwise it's working just as well as it did when i first got it.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#22 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

My nan and grandad bought me a snes :)

#23 Nick Ellingworth

Nick Ellingworth

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

I think I'm going to show my age here, there first gaming system I had was a BBC B computer, I was very young at the time so only really played the sort of awful edutainment titles that parents like to buy for their children. However one of those really does stick in the memory and I'm sure a lot of other Brits of a similar age to me will remember it, Granny's Garden. This image will probably haunt my dreams for the rest of my life:

grannys-garden-bbc-micro.gif

The BBC B wasn't really a gaming system for me though, the first system which I really played games on was an Acorn Archimedes. I always won the playground arguments with friends about who had the better gaming systems, since this was a British school the argument was normally Amiga vs Sega with occasional Nintendo fans. I had the trump card though, the best version of the original Elite. If we want to go for first console then it was a Gameboy Pocket with a copy of Tetris.

#24 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

My dad gave me a go on a Z-X Spectrum rip off made by Radio Shack....It put me off gaming until my next door neighbour had a Master System II with Sonic built in (I miss built in games). The game blew me away compared to the 20 min loading times of the spectrum, and I was hooked. Up until the 5th Gen I stuck with Sega, then when the Playstation came out it just blew my mind again I had to get it! So I saved up all my birthday money over 3 years and finally got a second hand one with a ton of games. During the 6th I was converted to Nintendo because of Resident Evil remake, however due to some of my fav games not being ported over, I got a PS2 as well much to the delight of my father. So really since then I've been a Sony and Nintendo man as Microsoft I could get nearly all the games I liked on there on a Sony console or a PC.

Edited by Penguin101, 30 March 2013 - 02:02 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: First System, Console, The Great Goomba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!