Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Man! Everybody is complaining about the lack of games but I am really having trouble deciding what 2 games to buy in March.

I think my kids and wife will kill me if I don't buy Luigi Mansion. So that leaves me with the budget for 1 title.

I played some Lego games but found them a bit to easy. I wonder how Lego U will be reviewed.

I played the MH3 demo but found it a bit hard. I don't have that much time and the not offtv mode is a bummer, yet I am still very interested

I really dig how much work went into the WiiU version of NFS and I am excited about the game based on what I saw. Yet...Still have not finished Forza Horizon and NFS Hot Persuit.

What would you guys advice?

Edited by Lupaie, 28 February 2013 - 09:42 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#2 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

Seems like we have a goldy locks and the three bears dilemma here...

MH3 is toooo hard

Lego Is toooo easy

NFS is justtt right :3

#3 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Lego city sounds alot different then other lego games, with a different, more original story and setting.

NFS:MWU looks cool, but I can't say anything until I play it.

MH3U is not for the casual, believe me.

794144.png?13383682

#4 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Lego city sounds alot different then other lego games, with a different, more original story and setting.

NFS:MWU looks cool, but I can't say anything until I play it.

MH3U is not for the casual, believe me.

I never said I was a casual gamer :). I finished Zelda on the 8bit, ghouls and ghosts on the Megadrive, goldeneye in it's hardest mode and moved onwards ever since. I'm just saying it's a hard game that needs a big time investment to achief things. I think that is what worries me. Bit I just read that there is offtv mode coming....and that gives me an extra hour per day gametime :)

Edited by Lupaie, 28 February 2013 - 11:33 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#5 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

I never said I was a casual gamer :). I finished Zelda on the 8bit, ghouls and ghosts on the Megadrive, goldeneye in it's hardest mode and moved onwards ever since. I'm just saying it's a hard game that needs a big time investment to achief things. I think that is what worries me. Bit I just read that there is offtv mode coming....and that gives me an extra hour per day gametime :)

Oh, lol, not saying you're a casual at all, but still MH3U is extremely hard.

794144.png?13383682

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Need fr speed and Lego for me.

#7 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Oh, lol, not saying you're a casual at all, but still MH3U is extremely hard.

Haha, we are having a good time here lol

#8 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Buy MH if you want to play online with people.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#9 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

I think MH it will be. Is there a better MP coop experience than with the Gears and Diablo games? Because with those game the other parties could have as well been NPC's. There was no real coop/friend making feeling at all.

Edited by Lupaie, 28 February 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#10 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

To make the choice for Monster Hunter easier, they've just announced that there will be a day one update adding cross-region online, Off-TV play, and some free DLC to top it all off. ;)
http://www.gonintend...story&id=197042
Posted Image

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

I say get MHU. If you play online it ain't too infuriating. Lego City is too easy and NFSMW will most likely implement micro transactions which are an abomination to gaming.

Signature_DK.png

#12 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Lego City Undercovere would be a good choice, especially in terms of content. It's gonna take around 40-50 hours to beat. Though chances are it's going to be easy in the vein of other Lego titles. I can't vouch for Need for Speed since I've never played it. Monster Hunter is another game that qualifies for tons of content, plus Off Tv play will be added in an update ( along with cross region online play).

http://www.nintendol...ine_multiplayer

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Region locking has been removed and off screen play is being added to mh3u.

I would not advise getting monster hunter unless you are willing to put the time into it.

Id suggest lego, its looking like a radical departure from the lego games, in particular all the things that made them really really boring to me (mindless combat and gameplay progression) and mantaining all the parody that i actually enjoy about the series.

The kids will love it, like any good kids movie there are references and jokes that work on a different level for adults, the open world is managably small (2.5 km square... according to devs) but densly packed with content, from street to rooftops.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

<----- me getting them all.  :D

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#15 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Personally I would go for Need For Speed. Then again I've never been a fan of the Lego games and Monster Hunter is way too frustrating for its own good. I would say Luigi's Mansion 2 is a must.

#16 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

To make the choice for Monster Hunter easier, they've just announced that there will be a day one update adding cross-region online, Off-TV play, and some free DLC to top it all off. ;)
http://www.gonintend...story&id=197042

That's not a day one update. This update is coming in April.

LordPickleton.png

#17 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Man! Everybody is complaining about the lack of games but I am really having trouble deciding what 2 games to buy in March.

I think my kids and wife will kill me if I don't buy Luigi Mansion. So that leaves me with the budget for 1 title.

I played some Lego games but found them a bit to easy. I wonder how Lego U will be reviewed.

I played the MH3 demo but found it a bit hard. I don't have that much time and the not offtv mode is a bummer, yet I am still very interested

I really dig how much work went into the WiiU version of NFS and I am excited about the game based on what I saw. Yet...Still have not finished Forza Horizon and NFS Hot Persuit.

What would you guys advice?

I'm in the same thoughts this month, Lego city does look great and when you say 'not completed Horizon' its an odd one,'iv'e completed it in that i am now No.1 but  still loads of races i could do,many roads not driven,three barn finds to do and about thirty signs to find. wicked game just wish the graphics were as good as Forza 4.

Go for Lego this month(thinking family) and NFS next month for yourself as then you get more time for Horizon first.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#18 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

I'm in the same thoughts this month, Lego city does look great and when you say 'not completed Horizon' its an odd one,'iv'e completed it in that i am now No.1 but still loads of races i could do,many roads not driven,three barn finds to do and about thirty signs to find. wicked game just wish the graphics were as good as Forza 4.

Go for Lego this month(thinking family) and NFS next month for yourself as then you get more time for Horizon first.

Thanks. When I come to think about it. Why am I so addicted about buying new games when I have yet so much unfinished business like:
- horizon
- ac3
- Darksiders1
- batman Wiiu
- blops2
- mario wiiu
- new mario 2 3ds
- mario 3d land
- papermario stickerstar
- bioshock1 (finished no2 twice)
- layton 3ds

But still want to buy the newest. I'd like some months free time to finish them all :)

#19 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

If you were looking at luigis mansion I read somewhere on ign that if you buy it you can get one other first party free. I think they needed to be downloaded look through there 3ds articles.

#20 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

If you were looking at luigis mansion I read somewhere on ign that if you buy it you can get one other first party free. I think they needed to be downloaded look through there 3ds articles.

That would be awesome!

Can't find them on official Nintendo sites

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!