Photo

Activision "Very upset" with sales for Black Ops II for the Wii U.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

POPULAR

http://gengame.net/2...s-are-all-talk/

Activision didn’t expect much from Wii U sales of Black Ops 2, but they sure didn’t expect it to be that abysmal. Activision gave Wii U owners the best version of Blops 2 with Off TV features, and Nintendo fans didn’t support it. It’s easy for Nintendo fans to trash publishers for not giving them ports, but publishers have wisened up. They realize Nintendo fans are all talk. Nintendo fans are vocal with their mouths, but when it’s time to open their wallets, they’ll spend that $60 on New Super Mario Bros instead.

There’s just no enthusiasm for it. The only reason publishers are still going to bring games to Wii U is because they don’t want to damage their relationship with Nintendo.

Ouch. Activison takes a shot at Nintendo and the Nintendo hivemind. They're right about Nintendo fans being all talk though. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

just plz

dlc

plz

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

POPULAR

I, for one didn't buy blops because it's a trash fps game that I have 9001 free or cheaper alternatives that play better on my pc.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

They can only blame themselves. Not having BLOPS 2 wouldn't of hurt Nintendo....the demographic isn't there on Nintendo systems like it is on the 360.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

I think one major reason, which is why we didn't get the Wii U version was the lack of the Nuketown 2025 addition. Honestly Activision just try again, focus on the Wii U now that you have more time. Use the PC graphics, and give us a good reason to buy it. Honestly I'll buy any Wii U version of the game, but lack of Online is also another reason, which I also blame on lack of the Nuketown map. 

I think FPS games are mostly rubbish, but my brother enjoys the series. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#6 LoMoNoCrAt

LoMoNoCrAt

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

I can't believe anyone bought Black Ops 2. How many times can Activision sell the same game? This year's game will mark the seventh CoD 4 reiteration.  I understand that each game is thematically pretty different and that there are slight improvements to the engine and graphics. I understand that the formula is changed a little bit with each game. But does that justify another $60 purchase every year? I don't think so.

I suppose the same argument could be made for Mario games, but I don't know enough about that to comment.

#7 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

They can only blame themselves. Not having BLOPS 2 wouldn't of hurt Nintendo....the demographic isn't there on Nintendo systems like it is on the 360.

While that may be true just imagine the people complaining on this forum alone, there's these Nintendo fans that complain about Nintendo not getting third party support but when they do get the support the sales just aren't there.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

While that may be true just imagine the people complaining on this forum alone, there's these Nintendo fans that complain about Nintendo not getting third party support but when they do get the support the sales just aren't there.

I understand that. The problem is they can't just throw anything at us....Activision could of opted for a game that catered more to Nintendo fans rather than the FPS crowd...which is definitely a minority demographic in Nintendo land.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#9 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Honestly as far as I know, people who own a Nintendo system and PS360, especially that those who enjoy Nintendo consoles more would buy the Wii U version if it was worth it. Yes Off-screen play is fantastic, and helpfull in shooters, so you can't peak at the other persons part of the screen. But Activision simply wasen't supporting the version besides that and choosing classes ect on the gamepad.

I understand that. The problem is they can't just throw anything at us....Activision could of opted for a game that catered more to Nintendo fans rather than the FPS crowd...which is definitely a minority demographic in Nintendo land.

Stupid Snowmads!

#10 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Zinix. I am very, very disappoint.

Just as an FYI to anybody reading: Zinix left out the part about this being A RUMOR from a "indie dev that supposedly got the inside scoop at D.I.C.E."

So uh...yeah. I'm calling bull until Activision themselves actually say something.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#11 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

Black Ops 2 for Wii u its the best version to date i agree! i stoped playing it on Ps3 bad lag etc...

Maybe they need to support the Wii U version a little better like DLC like hello! But hey if the games sales weaker then they thought why add DLC!

Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#12 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

they don't give the wii u the content the others have and they're surprised?

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#13 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

This is part of publisher stupidity.

Blops 2 didn't sell well because most wii u owners already had an Xbox to play the same gene on.

And off tv play isn't something for Activision to tout.
Nintendo created the feature. They simply clicked the button that said "yes" to that feature. Lol

But here is the issue. If you are a publisher who didn't help the wii, YOU created the problem. Now is the time to change preconceived notions and start pushing hardcore games on Nintendo platforms.

And of course anyone with the console to play Mario is going to want Mario. But they'll still want the same games everyone else does.

But trying to sell a ps3 game on wii u isn't going to do much. Just like nintendos launch didn't have anything truly compelling to sell it (though zombi u seemed neat, it wasn't. "omg! I have to have that!" game). And the loads of old gen ports won't do it. Why spend $ on that game plus a wii u console when a you have to do is buy the game only for the console you already have.

It's way too early for any game publisher to be making irresponsible statements like that.

They didn't do anything special to the game. Included features Nintendo gave to them and let the wii u make it automatically loo sharper. It was a sloppy port though. Hardly any wii u specific optimization going on. why buy the wii u game when it has slowdown in spots the weaker systems don't.

Put Destiny on the Wii U or Starcraft and watch it soar.

they don't give the wii u the content the others have and they're surprised?

This.

Like they expect Nintendo gamers to just be thankful for anything.

#14 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

http://gengame.net/2...s-are-all-talk/

Activision didn’t expect much from Wii U sales of Black Ops 2, but they sure didn’t expect it to be that abysmal. Activision gave Wii U owners the best version of Blops 2 with Off TV features, and Nintendo fans didn’t support it. It’s easy for Nintendo fans to trash publishers for not giving them ports, but publishers have wisened up. They realize Nintendo fans are all talk. Nintendo fans are vocal with their mouths, but when it’s time to open their wallets, they’ll spend that $60 on New Super Mario Bros instead.

There’s just no enthusiasm for it. The only reason publishers are still going to bring games to Wii U is because they don’t want to damage their relationship with Nintendo.

Ouch. Activison takes a shot at Nintendo and the Nintendo hivemind. They're right about Nintendo fans being all talk though. 

Have Activision or any of the VG media out there read any of the Wii U specific reviews for BLOPS2?  They weren't that great.  Also, refusing to release DLC was not a good way to entice Nintendo owners to buy the game.  It doesn't make any sense.  Did they really expect it to sell like it was just freshly released?  Like no one had played it before?

They aren't going to compare a months old, poorly done port with no DLC and poor online support to a new Super Mario game are they? 

Well hell I want a great FPS for the system, but they aren't supporting the online portion of the game at all in most respects.  It took them over 48 hours to get the servers up and running last week.  No DLC, etc.  What do they want from people?  Buy it because they added off screen play?  Something that Nintendo basically does for them?  All they have to do is support the feature, that isn't that big a deal.

Also, BLOPS isn't available for digital release.  If that were the case people perusing the eShop would run into it and give it a gander. 

#15 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

Lol at all the people claiming that nintendo did all the work for off screen play and all the devs did was press a button. All this on a site where I was being told Nintendo fanboys where not blind. lol

#16 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

Lots of posts about how people don't like the cod games,fair enough each to there own but i went to the midnight launch for the 360 version,got some free stuff and enjoyed the event, i did the same for the other main cod games. Now i'm waiting for a used version of wiiu blops2 to be delivered. So what i'm saying is Nintendo does appeal to normal gamers that like main stream stuff such as cod,i don't want 3rd party support to dry up as Wiiu is really looking to be my way forward.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

Zinix. I am very, very disappoint.

Just as an FYI to anybody reading: Zinix left out the part about this being A RUMOR from a "indie dev that supposedly got the inside scoop at D.I.C.E."

So uh...yeah. I'm calling bull until Activision themselves actually say something.

This.

DEBUNKED

It is not even an Activision statement.  Just some story from some unknown "indie" who claims to have heard from someone who might make game for for Activision, possibly maybe, etc.

this is the actual qualifier for this persons credentials:

"[indie dev] Hall claims to have met with “an employee for a studio that makes games for Activision” who revealed that Activision is extremely unhappy..."

that's all you need to know...

Wow.  I jumped on that one fast.  Reading too fast will do you in.

This thread and that "article" are officially joke-worthy.

#18 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

Lol at all the people claiming that nintendo did all the work for off screen play and all the devs did was press a button. All this on a site where I was being told Nintendo fanboys where not blind. lol

Why shouldn't it be that easy?  There is no difference as far as the game is concerned between playing on the TV or playing on the GamePad, you are just displaying on a different screen.  It shouldn't be any harder than saying "output to screen 2" rather than "output to screen 1", that is the whole point of it being a native feature of the console/development kit.

Even Remote Play on the PS3 is mostly a simple flag you enable for the game to support it, the grunt work is done by the OS.  People with modded consoles have been able to simply toggle the flag to enable it on games which do not normally support it.  In that case however the reason most do not support it is because the PS3/PSP had no hardware assist for that feature, so it used a lot of resources on the PS3 and was laggy.  The Wii U DOES have hardware support for GamePad play, so its pretty likely the option does boil down to just a simple toggle to enable it. 

This is also why the feature is likely to be better supported on the PS4 as again, it has hardware support for the feature so requires little effort from the developer.  The only things they MIGHT need to do is optimise the UI for visibility on a smaller/lower resolution screen.

Even local multiplayer, if it already supported split-screen then its not going to be much work to include the GamePad as another player.  Although in that case its slightly harder as you may have to compensate for the extra work it is to render a different viewpoint on the GamePad to the TV screen, but even then its mostly down to stripping out effects from the game that cause slowdown.  It can be done well (due to proper optimisation) or done lazily (just strip out chunks of the scenery, drop texture resolution, etc).

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 02 March 2013 - 02:34 AM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#19 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:42 AM

I'm not even sure why they expected to reach the community that buys a console for games where you save princesses, dress up in funny outfits for funny powers, fight turtles that dance to the game's music and such with their first person army-themed shooter.

And yeah, not opening your wallet for every port on the market sure means you're all talk.

#20 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

Trying to sell BO2 to Nintendo fans is like trying to sell meat to a vegan. It's not going to go well.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!