Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Most people dont give a crap

Yup. But some do. and if a dev is doing BS things then you think everyone should support them so they do more BS until gaming turns into a form of money whoreing and not a source of entertainment.

There is a huge problem with that logic

eKsvghU.jpg

#22 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Yup. But some do. and if a dev is doing BS things then you think everyone should support them so they do more BS until gaming turns into a form of money whoreing and not a source of entertainment.

There is a huge problem with that logic

As long as it makes them money, they don't care about the minority. Companies don't care about you, they don't owe anything to you. They just want what's in your wallet. Why do people feel so entitled? When more people care and stop giving their money to those companies, then maybe something can be done. But like I said, most people don't care. It's the cold, hard truth. Learn to accept it.

#23 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

As long as it makes them money, they don't care about the minority. Companies don't care about you, they don't owe anything to you. They just want what's in your wallet. Why do people feel so entitled? When more people care and stop giving their money to those companies, then maybe something can be done. But like I said, most people don't care. It's the cold, hard truth. Learn to accept it.

Well some people do care.

eKsvghU.jpg

#24 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

I boycott sony because their televisions are sub-par.

It looks like it's working.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#25 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

I boycott sony because their televisions are sub-par.

It looks like it's working.

XD :D.

If enough people do then yea, it will work.

eKsvghU.jpg

#26 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

It's true that companies primarily care for what's in your wallet.  The way to make them care what you want is to be scrupulous about who you open your wallet for.  If enough people vote with their wallet, the company either has to change to move inline with consumer demands or get out of the business.  That's also a cold, hard fact.  Boycotting is a powerful tool, but for it to work it needs voices, loud voices, to carry the message.  The problem is that for publishers they have their hands into every gaming genre anyway so more than likely they have a game somewhere that you actually like and want to buy.  For me in particular I've about had it with EA altogether.  I refuse to play Madden because of their shady and anti competitive licensing agreement with the NFL (I know it's legal, but since I don't agree with the practice, I choose not to buy the product).  I don't particularly enjoy any of their other IP's either, but I really want to support what Criterion are doing and i love the Battlefield series, and don't like CoD.  Those two IP's I really enjoy and would love to own on Wii U.  I will be buying NFSMWU and BF4U if it comes, however much I dislike the anticompetitive and anticonsumer tendencies of EA.

#27 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

I'm boycotting Nintendo for neglecting Metroid and F-Zero, their constant rehashing/milking of popular series and their backwards online practices.

Edited by CUD, 02 March 2013 - 11:24 PM.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#28 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

I'm boycotting Nintendo for neglecting Metroid and F-Zero, their constant rehashing/milking of popular series and their backwards online practices.

okay

Edited by routerbad, 02 March 2013 - 11:31 PM.

#29 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

CUD, on 03 Mar 2013 - 02:29, said:I'm boycotting Nintendo for neglecting Metroid and F-Zero, their constant rehashing/milking of popular series and their backwards online practices.

Not sure if serious....

Posted Image

#30 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

but for it to work it needs voices, loud voices, to carry the message.

I do believe that was the whole intention of my post. The only way to make change is if more people let themselves be heard. But the average person doesn't care. Until it affects them directly, that is. It's great to be optimistic about change, but it's also a good trait to be realistic.

Anyway, I agree with everything else you said. I just don't like how dtrex made it seem like he was entitled to something from a company.

#31 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

I do believe that was the whole intention of my post. The only way to make change is if more people let themselves be heard. But the average person doesn't care. Until it affects them directly, that is. It's great to be optimistic about change, but it's also a good trait to be realistic.

Anyway, I agree with everything else you said. I just don't like how dtrex made it seem like he was entitled to something from a company.

Agreed.  We aren't entitled to any product or service, we either accept the price and terms that the provider sets or we take our money elsewhere, simple as that.  Well, it is much more complicated than that but that's a simplistic yet mostly accurate way of looking at it.

#32 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

Not sure if serious....

I'm dead serious.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#33 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

Im boycotting this thread :P

#34 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Im boycotting this thread :P

If you are then why did you comment.

eKsvghU.jpg

#35 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

I'm boycotting Atari. My jaguar broke down 2 months ago so I'm not buying any more of their consoles!!!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#36 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

I'm gonna boycott every company because without my money, every company that I boycott will crash, burn, and die in a horrible fire.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#37 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

uh... I guess ive been boycotting ea and thq for like, decades. Either that or i just didnt care for their crap games.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#38 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

I don't boycott any company. If they make a good product that I want, I buy said product. Case closed.

Edited by GameCollector, 03 March 2013 - 08:55 AM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#39 DMagoo24

DMagoo24

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

If a game looks awesome, I'm not going to boycott it because I don't agree with a publisher's actions.  It is the developer who does all the hard work, if the game looks great, let them be rewarded.

#40 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Electronic Farts - Boycotting ATM

Ubishaft - one mistake isnt bad enough

Crapcom - If they wise up with MHU I may give them another try.

ACTAvision - I'm fixing to boycott them if they don't wise up.

Square PEEnix - Im mad but not boycotting.

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!