Photo

Would you play on a Wii U Forums Minecraft server?

Minecraft Azuras Wii U Forums

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#21 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:
    NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, Wii, 3DS, Wii U

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

I'd play it if I had an account.
No signature here....

#22 juanpa899

juanpa899

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Fandom:
    EVERYTHING!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

i'd play, but i have no money :D
P.S. I'd think survival mode would be better.

#23 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

One-time. You can only download it from minecraft.net.

Well, there goes my chances of playing(parents don't like using their credit card over the internet).
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com

Edited by Andy, 31 July 2011 - 10:03 PM.

Posted Image

#24 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:22 PM

Wonder who made the lovely sprite art.

Well, there goes my chances of playing(parents don't like using their credit card over the internet).
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com

If you have parents with the fear of using credit card on the internet, there is also the option of using a prepaid card which can be purchased at many retail stores. It is A LOT safer. There is also paypal. :P Anyways...

It's pretty obvious that not many people are willing to donate money because of financial issues. I'm capable of donating because I have a job, but that only depends if the upgrade will be made or not. For now, I wouldn't suggest an upgrade because it is best to start small and to see how big it will grow. Once it's starting to get too big, hopefully you will have some dedicated people by then. :P

I prefer survival mode, as long as the creepers don't destroy my creation because I am more of a builder. Curse those creepers.....

Edited by starrgrl24, 31 July 2011 - 10:27 PM.

#25 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:42 PM

If you have parents with the fear of using credit card on the internet, there is also the option of using a prepaid card which can be purchased at many retail stores. It is A LOT safer. There is also paypal. :P Anyways...

It's pretty obvious that not many people are willing to donate money because of financial issues. I'm capable of donating because I have a job, but that only depends if the upgrade will be made or not. For now, I wouldn't suggest an upgrade because it is best to start small and to see how big it will grow. Once it's starting to get too big, hopefully you will have some dedicated people by then. :P

I prefer survival mode, as long as the creepers don't destroy my creation because I am more of a builder. Curse those creepers.....

Thanks for the advice. d('-'d)
Posted Image

#26 hooky

hooky

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

I intend to buy Minecraft but I plan on using another server.

#27 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lucky Star, Animal Crossing, Darkwave.

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:43 AM

I'm pretty sure Aether is, in fact, multiplayer-compatible. I wouldn't mind adding a money mod, but is there a specific one you'd recommend?
:P

I think theres a money mod called Economy or IConomy.
I apologize about the names :P I always forget. I'll ask my current servers admin.

Edited by HaHa-No, 01 August 2011 - 06:45 AM.

http://www.20b.org/

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

You know you want to! 'Tis leaked Nintendo information!

#28 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

I would love to play on a WiiUForum server :D
And, while I would be perfectly willing to donate... It's kind of difficult, considering my lack of credit card and real Job :S

Anyway, as for mods... I have to HIGHLY suggest Industrial Craft.

It adds a LOT of depth to the game, and includes a ton of items that take a very long time to make. Which is great for a multi server.
As well, it has a currency and shop-like-dispensers inside (And I think personal chests, too), though I haven't used them 'cause I've only played single. And they're kinda useless there :(

The only easily-solvable problem is that I need to buy the game. Though convincing my parents shouldn't be too hard, considering the cheap price. And before you ask, I 'borrowed' an older version of the game for 'testing purposes' and have been fully intending to buy it for some time :P

I almost forgot, survival 100%. Creative gets dull too quickly...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#29 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:17 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#30 SnobbishTurban

SnobbishTurban

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Banjo-Kazooie.

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:53 AM

I'd like to play on it.

You laugh at me because I am different. I pity you because you're all the same.

#31 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:48 AM

Yay, a second potential donor! Starr, you should be more active here. Seriously.

I would love to play on a WiiUForum server :D
And, while I would be perfectly willing to donate... It's kind of difficult, considering my lack of credit card and real Job :S

Anyway, as for mods... I have to HIGHLY suggest Industrial Craft.

It adds a LOT of depth to the game, and includes a ton of items that take a very long time to make. Which is great for a multi server.
As well, it has a currency and shop-like-dispensers inside (And I think personal chests, too), though I haven't used them 'cause I've only played single. And they're kinda useless there :(

The only easily-solvable problem is that I need to buy the game. Though convincing my parents shouldn't be too hard, considering the cheap price. And before you ask, I 'borrowed' an older version of the game for 'testing purposes' and have been fully intending to buy it for some time :P

I almost forgot, survival 100%. Creative gets dull too quickly...

Industrial Craft looks really cool, but I don't really like how it's impossible to remove once you've got it. I'm also not sure if it works with CraftBukkit, which is the server wrapper I'm using.

Buy the game already, Wert. Do it nao.

I think theres a money mod called Economy or IConomy.
I apologize about the names :P I always forget. I'll ask my current servers admin.

I've seen the Iconomy name thrown around. Reason I'm asking is because I really don't know what the good mods out there are.

So Feld0, do you know when the server will be open to the public?
By the way disabling creeper explosions (so they don't damage buildings) is a must, I think there's a mod that makes it so they damage the player but have no effect on blocks. And do you intend to have a fully PVP server? I think if you want the server to have a community atmosphere it's better to have a few large safe zones (They could be like towns, I've seen that work on another server) and have the rest of the map with PVP enabled.

As soon as I come up with a good way to launch it. Can you find that mod, please (and I hope it works with CraftBukkit)?
I'm not a fan of PvP. The idea is for us to all work together to do awesome stuff, right? Though it might be fun if the map was safe but there were a few PvP zones. You know, like a battle arena or something. :D

#32 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

Industrial Craft looks really cool, but I don't really like how it's impossible to remove once you've got it. I'm also not sure if it works with CraftBukkit, which is the server wrapper I'm using.

Buy the game already, Wert. Do it nao.

The vast majority of mods require hard-installation. In fact, if it adds any sort of items to the game, then the mod can't be removed, hard-installed or not. Plus you're only changing one file, so it's not like you can't backup the original...

I will, I will. But my computer doesn't run it very well... THough I doubt that would be a problem if the server does the work for me :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#33 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:55 AM

The vast majority of mods require hard-installation. In fact, if it adds any sort of items to the game, then the mod can't be removed, hard-installed or not. Plus you're only changing one file, so it's not like you can't backup the original...

I will, I will. But my computer doesn't run it very well... THough I doubt that would be a problem if the server does the work for me :(

Yeah, but if we ever decide we don't want the mod anymore, we'll have to revert back to an old backup of the map. And potentially lose everything.

The newest version of Minecraft runs a lot better than some of the older ones did. And the server only does the work of synchronizing the map for everyone - your computer is still doing most of the work.

#34 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:59 AM

Yeah, but if we ever decide we don't want the mod anymore, we'll have to revert back to an old backup of the map. And potentially lose everything.

The newest version of Minecraft runs a lot better than some of the older ones did. And the server only does the work of synchronizing the map for everyone - your computer is still doing most of the work.

Industrial Craft is worth it. It adds a LOT of content to the game, especially ones that make certain tasks go by faster...(Though not without work) Which is a must for our probably small server. Why don't you try it out? Just don't accidentally open one of your old worlds by mistake...

Curses. I will have to get a real graphic card eventually :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#35 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

Industrial Craft is worth it. It adds a LOT of content to the game, especially ones that make certain tasks go by faster...(Though not without work) Which is a must for our probably small server. Why don't you try it out? Just don't accidentally open one of your old worlds by mistake...

Curses. I will have to get a real graphic card eventually :(

Have you tried changing the video settings?
Something that is sure to make Minecraft SUPER SLOW in a low graphic card pc is Smooth Shading, this almost kills my computer, I can still run the game at decent speed in "Fancy" graphics but "Fast" is the way to go if you want to be lag free. Distance is also a problem, set it to "Short" and you are sure to have more speed.
Posted Image

#36 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

Have you tried changing the video settings?
Something that is sure to make Minecraft SUPER SLOW in a low graphic card pc is Smooth Shading, this almost kills my computer, I can still run the game at decent speed in "Fancy" graphics but "Fast" is the way to go if you want to be lag free. Distance is also a problem, set it to "Short" and you are sure to have more speed.

I play on minimum settings :S
It's because I have an integrated chipset, rather than a real graphic card. I HAD a real graphic card, but it isn't supported by my new computer/motherboard >.<
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#37 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

I play on minimum settings :S
It's because I have an integrated chipset, rather than a real graphic card. I HAD a real graphic card, but it isn't supported by my new computer/motherboard >.<

Yoshi (the laptop I take to school) has an integrated GPU, too, and it can run Minecraft pretty well with roughly medium settings. Set your power settings to Balanced or High Performance.

#38 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

Yoshi (the laptop I take to school) has an integrated GPU, too, and it can run Minecraft pretty well with roughly medium settings. Set your power settings to Balanced or High Performance.

Can I just blame IBM then?
I actually have to run Minecraft through a BAT file because it doesn't think I have Pixel Shaders (Or something similar)... When I do :/
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#39 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:32 PM

/thread No, but if there's enough audience and their willing to "chip in" then go for it. I'm sure it'll be a way to bring the community together.

(I might try it if I could somehow play Minecraft for free...)

Edited by brian6330, 03 August 2011 - 04:32 PM.

#40 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

(I might try it if I could somehow play Minecraft for free...)

You've got two choices:
1) Steal it.
2) Go to a place like Rewards 1.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Minecraft, Azuras, Wii U Forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!