• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

Only thing they really could have fixed were any heating issues, of which I have heard none. Either way, launching in November got them Christmas sales, which is far more important to a business than specs.

#62 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

Check out this awesome article about TONS of Upcoming Confirmed & Speculative Games for Wii U!!!!!

http://nintendoenthu...ng-wii-u-games/

YESSSSSS

Signature_Fox.png

#63 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

yes but it says that the games are available on PC &/or ios - Android that is what i am getting at, also the eShop games are very expensive compared to other systems & no doubt these games on the WiiU will be the more expensive than the versions on PC, ios or Droid.

the only one of these PC, ios & Droid games that interests me is the 90's Arcade Racer game :)

Most of the games aren't available on PC or iOS. As for e-shop games their pricing is no different then on Xbox Live or PSN.

#64 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

No! You can't add more power to the console at the last minute! Besides, launching in the holiday season...

Wait... you said "teh"...

You're a troll, aren't you?

No he's not, he just cant spell.

"consul", "ruffly" etc. etc.

#65 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Most of the games aren't available on PC or iOS. As for e-shop games their pricing is no different then on Xbox Live or PSN.

erm, it says the games in question are coming out on the PC, ios & Droid.

#66 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

erm, it says the games in question are coming out on the PC, ios & Droid.

If you look through those games there is no way most of them could be released for iOS or Android. PC maybe but then PC's are a fully fledged games platform just like console. Sorry but what you just doesn't make sense.

#67 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • NNID:A-Leal

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

Thanks for sharing this link. I agree I think the Wii-U will do fine.

A-Leal.png Nintendo Network ID: A-Leal 

#68 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

#69 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Nice video, though the PS4 was released in Europe 4 months after the release in Japan and the US so I don't know how accurate those sales numbers are.

That said, he didn't say anything about the state of the economy.

Edited by TheSparrow87, 18 March 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#70 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Good read, the guy states undeniable and exact facts and is unbiased. Thanks for posting
Posted Image

#71 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Good read, the guy states undeniable and exact facts and is unbiased. Thanks for posting

In fact he was happy to say that he was wrong in his next video and that the Wii U has sold even more in its first moths than the pervious gen's competition, and it proves even more how successful the console is so far, without any decent marketing or advertising!

#72 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

Nice video, though the PS4 was released in Europe 4 months after the release in Japan and the US so I don't know how accurate those sales numbers are.

That said, he didn't say anything about the state of the economy.

They might be accurate because European numbers can`t be included in the 4 months since launch, because the console only released in Europe in March of 2007.

On topic:

That was a good video and article!

#73 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

They might be accurate because European numbers can`t be included in the 4 months since launch, because the console only released in Europe in March of 2007.

On topic:

That was a good video and article!

Maybe I used the wrong words. What I meant was; The PS3 may have sold less in its first 4 months of release compared to the Wii U,

this is however, an unfair comparison because Europe was not included in these first 4 months.

A more fair comparison would perhaps be to add the initial European sales numbers to the initial Japan and NA numbers.

#74 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

Maybe I used the wrong words. What I meant was; The PS3 may have sold less in its first 4 months of release compared to the Wii U,

this is however, an unfair comparison because Europe was not included in these first 4 months.

A more fair comparison would perhaps be to add the initial European sales numbers to the initial Japan and NA numbers.

According to vgchartz (http://www.vgchartz....y/39138/Global/) HW sales for PS3 at the last week of February (fourth month) sales were at: 1.872.722

Now - and this may be where i was wrong aswell -, if you had 4 months of European sales (march to first week of July - a little extra) : 1.072.950 (http://www.vgchartz....y/39271/Europe/).

All added up: 2.945.672.

He said that Wii U was at 2.6 million, right? So, adding all up, PS3 seems to be ahead of the Wii U by 300.000. Give or take another week for Wii U or PS3, the result is pretty much that.

It seems that this difference is sales comes not since launch but after launch, where Wii U`s sales rapidly declined.

Well, to understand the numbers we could go on forever, but i think it`s safe to assume that, on both cases, the "slow start" for both PS3 and Wii U was/is not a result of uninterest, but because of bad decisions and errors.

#75 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

Actually the Wii U has pretty much now reached its 4 million sales target  

Edited by Penguin101, 19 March 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#76 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

I think that target is achievable.

Although in terms of actual sales, things will be really different.

#77 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

In fact he was happy to say that he was wrong in his next video and that the Wii U has sold even more in its first moths than the pervious gen's competition, and it proves even more how successful the console is so far, without any decent marketing or advertising!

Aww thats so good to know. We forget so often how haters have bad influence over a console.

Posted Image

#78 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

I wholeheartedly disagree. The problem is this is a Wii U specific site and a lot of people here can't handle the fact that someone can be a realist and see how it is rather then the way they want it to be or blindly believe it to be. I'm far from a Nintendo hater but I'm not going to blindly believe or accept everything is fine and dandy with the Wii U when it obviously is not. Nintendo still has a lot to prove regards being a true competitor to Sony and MS. Doing things their own way and not reacting to market factors and not doing everything in their power to promote and market the Wii and trying to convince people why they should own a Wii U isn't going to help their cause. Its as simple as that. If people choose not to accept that then that's there decision. I'm not going to go along with the biased majority just because that's what people here want.

I don't know if you are directing the blindly follow and/or believe that everything is okay (when it's not) ... However I am actually a realist as well.

Yes, Nintendo should have a goal to beat themselves and sale better than the Wii. Period. And they aren't However, I never expected that because of several factors. The Wii U is being sold when the world economy isn't good. I understand in some parts of Europe it's actually pretty bad. So trying to launch a new system right now is hard for anyone. Two, it's more expensive. Those aren't good combinations. So really, expecting Nintendo to sell a new console at a better rate then the Wii is unrealistic.

Also, it should once again be noted that they are in total numbers selling more than their competitors did last generation. Meaning, they are beating the expectations for their next console. Back then the economy wasn't bad, and the Xbox was released at the same price as the Wii U if I remember. So Nintendo doing better than competitors is not a bad thing.

Then, looking at the numbers, Nintendo being outsold by the last generation is understandable. The other consoles have new games coming out, has a huge back catalogue of games to choose from that these owners have never played before. The Wii U doesn't have new games coming out and doesn't have a huge back catalogue of games to choose from. If you didn't have a lot of money, had no games to choose on the Wii U that you wanted, and had more to choose from and newer games on the PS3/XBX360, would you spend your money on the Wii U? Don't say yes, because no one would.

And that is Nintendo's fault. They should be addressing that, and hopefully E3 they will. This month we should see an improvement in sales with two exclusives being released this month. I don't know if April has any new games, so the sales growth might not continue.

It would be interesting to see if the XBX and PS2 outsold the 360/PS3 during the first year when the consoles where released. Anyone have those numbers handy?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!