• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:04 PM

I cant see 3rd party games that are being ported from 360 and ps3 using the touchscreen for anything otger than a map or menu. I think that the only games that are going to try and use it will be from crappy party games. Maybe nintendo will make some cool things out of it but im sitting here trying to think of things and cant think of anything.. Thoughts??

#2 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:30 PM

I'm not sure how using the touchscreen for maps or menus would make it useless. I'd rather have maps on the bottom screen and have a clearer main screen. Having a menu on the touchscreen can also work well. In Ocarina of Time 3D, the touchscreen can be used to switch items, which is much quicker than having to press start and makes the game more enjoyable.

Besides, there's almost certainly going to be more uses for the touchscreen than for just maps and menus. On the 3DS/DS there are lots of games that make great use of the touchscreen. I don't see any reason why the Wii U shouldn't also have games that use the touchscreen in clever ways.

#3 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:49 AM

I really hope it does. I love nintendo but i did not like the wii at all. The only thing i did with my wii was play gc games! I just hope they do get the support for some good games. If it does en up being another " casual gaming console" i will be very dissapointed.

#4 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:19 AM

-

Edited by BassDropper, 05 September 2013 - 01:37 AM.

#5 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:23 AM

The only thing i liked about it was that it turns ur wii u into a portable console ( to an extent). I also think that 3rd party devs. Will want to make there games for all consoles therefore not worrying too much about the touchscreen . Im not complaining about it at all i think its awesome i can use it as a hd gameboy. But all the talk about it being revolutionary is crap. I heard it b4 with the wii and all that did was ruin twilight princess mad world and conduit. Im really worried about nintendo.

#6 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

The only thing i liked about it was that it turns ur wii u into a portable console ( to an extent). I also think that 3rd party devs. Will want to make there games for all consoles therefore not worrying too much about the touchscreen . Im not complaining about it at all i think its awesome i can use it as a hd gameboy. But all the talk about it being revolutionary is crap. I heard it b4 with the wii and all that did was ruin twilight princess mad world and conduit. Im really worried about nintendo.

How did the Wii "ruin" those games? All of them were well received. To be honest, I prefer the Wii version of Twilight princess over the GameCube version.
Posted Image

#7 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:24 AM

How did the Wii "ruin" those games? All of them were well received. To be honest, I prefer the Wii version of Twilight princess over the GameCube version.

Sorry, but your in the minority then.
OT: If the touchscreen is being used at all( for Any purpose) then I don't believe it qualifies as useless

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#8 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:59 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOO
Isn't that game the main reason why some people don't like Twilight Princess?
But opinions are opinions anyways.
Posted Image

#9 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

Everyone, please stop debating over whether the Wii ruined Twilight Princess or not. Remember that this is a thread about whether the Wii U controller's touchscreen will be used for anything more than an in-game map or inventory menu.

#10 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:58 PM

Everyone, please stop debating over whether the Wii ruined Twilight Princess or not. Remember that this is a thread about whether the Wii U controller's touchscreen will be used for anything more than an in-game map or inventory menu.

Mod to the rescue!
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#11 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

Mod to the rescue!

That's our job, and I like to think AMAC and I do it rather well. Now, seriously, resume your normal discussion before I'm forced to delete any more posts.

#12 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

That's our job, and I like to think AMAC and I do it rather well. Now, seriously, resume your normal discussion before I'm forced to delete any more posts.

Okee Dokee

I really don't think that the touchscreen is useless. You can use it for drawing, selecting options (much more easier than Wii Remote), uhh... uh.... map zoom-in?

EDIT: Ninja-star throwing! :D

Edited by StreetPassWanter, 01 August 2011 - 06:05 PM.

Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

The Touch Screen will not be useless, if anything, it will always have the bare basic function of returning the user to the home menu, which can be operated through it during games or other whatnot.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

Fair point but not revolutionary. The only thing that is revolutionary is u can switch from tv to ur touchscreen to play

#15 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

I think the touch screen can be used for a lot of things, such as:

-making notes (for puzzles n' stuff)
-moving camera
-drawing directions for certain items/things (Bombchu...)
-Pre-set combis like Dead or Alive: Dimensions or Super Street Fighter
-Stuff in your inventory. (Power-ups for Mario games, mixing Kirby power-ups etc.)
-If you have to be really precise for something (Shotting a target as a sniper, cutting a wire for a bomb without touching any of the others, etc.)
-Special moves for fighting games (You have to do certain stuff on the touchscreen to make the move happen and depending on how good you are in executing them, then their strength varies.)
-Selecting commands for turn based games

Those are all that come to my mind at the moment. I'm sure there's even more than what I posed...

#16 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

Well, considering real tablets (As in Peripheral Tablets and Tablet PCs, not iPad knockoffs) are very expensive and often 1-up the mouse, I think it's awesome that Nintendo is giving people the chance to use such powerful controls at such a (relatively) cheap price.

What am I getting at? Developers are REALLY going to want to use this controller to the fullest because this is one of the only chances they will ever have a USING that technology.

Plus, you'll probably be able to use it with the computer Via blu-tooth. I'll finally be able to pass those Insane songs on Osu! :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#17 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

Plus, you'll probably be able to use it with the computer Via blu-tooth.

I hadn't thought of that. You mean I could use my Wii U controller as an intuos tablet?! Me wants!

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#18 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

I hadn't thought of that. You mean I could use my Wii U controller as an intuos tablet?! Me wants!

Hopefully, because an accurate single-touch tablet with the screen ON the Tablet is something that I really want right now :S
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#19 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

if we are getting ports from 360 and ps3 there will be both quantity and quality. nintendo need to do a hd metroid to make there name in the hd video game spot light. metroid will be that game to do it not zelda.

#20 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lucky Star, Animal Crossing, Darkwave.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:28 AM

I would prefer HD Zelda and others probably would too.
Metroid is nice, but I never really enjoyed it as much as Nintendo's other franchises.
I don't think it'll be a useless touchscreen by the way.
It'd be great not having to buy something separate for drawing games. If I could connect the controller up with my computer I'd also be the happiest person alive.

http://www.20b.org/

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

You know you want to! 'Tis leaked Nintendo information!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!