Photo

is it true the wii u will be destroyed by ps4?

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 kingdomcode

kingdomcode

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

on the sony forum i heard some users saying the ps4 is 6-10 times more powerful the the wii u and the wii u is barley more powerful than ps3 and that it will be blown away by the new xbox and ps4 is it true?

#2 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

The graphical capabilities will be different however the Wii U caters to a different audience than the PS4 and Xbox 720. I'm happy with the Wii U because of the games it has and the community seems more laid back than other communities.

#3 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

POPULAR

No.  It isn't that much more powerful first of all.  Second, we are in diminishing returns territory and any gains in power aren't going to translate directly into more detailed graphical performance in game.  Third, PS4 will have much more going on in the background than the Wii U, so much of the extra RAM and compute power will be reserved for those tasks.  Fourth, we don't exactly know the raw power potential of the Wii U, we can suppose things based on what we know about the GPU and CPU dies, but those numbers don't make any sense when we see trailers like X, which is a pre-alpha trailer that shows a massive amount of detail in an open world that would require more power than what many believe the Wii U to possess.

They will be graphically on par with each other.  Later in the generation, When the hardware is fully understood on both consoles, developers will most likely be able to eke out better LOD or higher poly counts but they won't be visually discernable details from a gameplay perspective.  The Wii U is much more powerful than both the PS3 and the Xbox 360, that much has already been shown.  The ports that came with the launch were developed toward weaker target hardware and most developers received dev kits very late (last 6 months) because the hardware wasn't finalized until shortly before launched.

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Ha ha, ps3 was around 20x more powerful than wii.

6-8x might as well be nothing now, especially with diminishing returns.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Anyone remember my status update about people asking questions that can't be answered? Case and point.

My opinion is I don't think so, but since No one here is a video game Soothsayer....we don't know what will happen.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

No.  It isn't that much more powerful first of all.  Second, we are in diminishing returns territory and any gains in power aren't going to translate directly into more detailed graphical performance in game.  Third, PS4 will have much more going on in the background than the Wii U, so much of the extra RAM and compute power will be reserved for those tasks.  Fourth, we don't exactly know the raw power potential of the Wii U, we can suppose things based on what we know about the GPU and CPU dies, but those numbers don't make any sense when we see trailers like X, which is a pre-alpha trailer that shows a massive amount of detail in an open world that would require more power than what many believe the Wii U to possess.

They will be graphically on par with each other.  Later in the generation, When the hardware is fully understood on both consoles, developers will most likely be able to eke out better LOD or higher poly counts but they won't be visually discernable details from a gameplay perspective.  The Wii U is much more powerful than both the PS3 and the Xbox 360, that much has already been shown.  The ports that came with the launch were developed toward weaker target hardware and most developers received dev kits very late (last 6 months) because the hardware wasn't finalized until shortly before launched.

this answered your question. sony wont be doing anything special.

Because i really want all my facebook friends to see how many trophies i have....

Signature_Fox.png

#7 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

on the sony forum i heard some users saying the ps4 is 6-10 times more powerful the the wii u and the wii u is barley more powerful than ps3 and that it will be blown away by the new xbox and ps4 is it true?

Yep, thats pretty accurate, but since the orignal Xbox was about 4-5 times more powerful than the PS2, you can expect that type of difference between the two consoles.  Nintendo will compete the way they always have, with quality content.  The Wii was 20 times less powerful than the 360 and didnt have modern shader support.  If Nintendo had went with traditional shader support with the Wii you would have saw a lot more games using effects seen in the Mario Galaxy games. 

#8 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

The graphical capabilities will be different however the Wii U caters to a different audience than the PS4 and Xbox 720. I'm happy with the Wii U because of the games it has and the community seems more laid back than other communities.

No it doesn't the WiiU is catering for the current X360 & PS3 owners, this is what Nintendo said about the WiiU, the core gamer is what Nintendo & the WiiU are targeting  this is exactly the same gamer as the PS4 & the X720 !

#9 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Not true. I prefer Nintendo and I'm one of the most hardcore gamers you could meet. Don't let a few guys here fool you though. I'm a fan not a fanboy. If I was a fanboy I wouldn't like the 360.

No it doesn't the WiiU is catering for the current X360 & PS3 owners, this is what Nintendo said about the WiiU, the core gamer is what Nintendo & the WiiU are targeting  this is exactly the same gamer as the PS4 & the X720 !

Exactly. Despite the Wii Being more laid back and casual the Wii U on the other hand has a little bit of everything and will most likely appeal to any open minded gamer.

Edited by Saturn, 07 March 2013 - 01:47 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#10 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Nah, Nintendo meant that they were targeting their core audience they had in the past that may have been alienated by droves of casual experiences on the Wii.  The Wii U is still very much a console that is trying to target a very broad audience.  Nintendo is in no way shape or form trying to soley target that 14-28 year old market that is the PS3 and 360.  Do they want to have experiences that would appeal to those gamers?  Sure, but the console as a whole designed to appeal to people of all ages and gender.  Nintendo had a hardcore following just a few years ago on the Wii, games like Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros selling around 10 million each and then New Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart both selling over 20 million tells me that Nintendo has seeds planted out there, but need to get the content out there that will compel those gamers to purcahse a Wii U.  Nintendo is not going convert tons of PS3 and 360 gamers with this broad appeal approach.   

#11 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

wii U is about 2-3x more powerfull than ps360...  sony ps4 is about 4-5x  but from the demos they showed us, it was like 1x from ps3... lol... so u have nothing to worry about

#12 kingdomcode

kingdomcode

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

you guys should visit the sony forums and teach the sonydrones about specs i did not know the ps4 was really that weak lol

#13 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

When the PS4 arrives it will destroy the Wii-U and Nintendo so bad that they go into liquidation.   :P

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 07 March 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#14 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

you guys should visit the sony forums and teach the sonydrones about specs i did not know the ps4 was really that weak lol

It's not so much that the PS4 is weak.  It isn't.

But the Wii U is a lot more powerful than haters want to admit.  There are the ubiquitous anonymous indie iPhone developers saying things that cannot be sourced and then there are actual AAA console developers singing the Wii U praises.  And then there is Eurogamer misquoting and mistranslating interviews to swing against the Wii U (and barely retracting when the developers they misquote bash them in social media over it)..  Not even mentioning the whole Jonathan Blow foot-in-mouth syndrome. LOL. Plus they are all going off of info given about alpha dev kits that existed simply to make ports easy at first. People working on final hardware with an understanding of the new arcdhitecture seem extremely surprised by how easy it is to make amazing visuals in Wii U.

The Wii U has a very nice CPU with tons of cache, a GPU that seems to be greatly enhanced, and a pretty sweet RAM setup, all tightly integrated.

You may see more loading in Wii U, but the actual graphical representation on the screen will not vary much.

#15 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

It's not so much that the PS4 is weak.  It isn't.

But the Wii U is a lot more powerful than haters want to admit.  There are the ubiquitous anonymous indie iPhone developers saying things that cannot be sourced and then there are actual AAA console developers singing the Wii U praises.  And then there is Eurogamer misquoting and mistranslating interviews to swing against the Wii U (and barely retracting when the developers they misquote bash them in social media over it)..  Not even mentioning the whole Jonathan Blow foot-in-mouth syndrome. LOL. Plus they are all going off of info given about alpha dev kits that existed simply to make ports easy at first. People working on final hardware with an understanding of the new arcdhitecture seem extremely surprised by how easy it is to make amazing visuals in Wii U.

The Wii U has a very nice CPU with tons of cache, a GPU that seems to be greatly enhanced, and a pretty sweet RAM setup, all tightly integrated.

You may see more loading in Wii U, but the actual graphical representation on the screen will not vary much.

Extremely well said

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Nah, Wii U is awesome, that is all

#17 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

No it doesn't the WiiU is catering for the current X360 & PS3 owners, this is what Nintendo said about the WiiU, the core gamer is what Nintendo & the WiiU are targeting this is exactly the same gamer as the PS4 & the X720 !

It seems to have worked as I guess I fall under that core gamer description, I played mostly on the 360 for years as well as the PS3 but not much. Last Nintendo console I owned was the GameCube. I thought the Wii was cool but not really interested however the Wii U grabbed my attention and I bought it reluctantly, however as of now I am extremely pleased with it

Edited by ArmedPrimate, 07 March 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#18 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

a large dwinddling group of fanboys. that is all

#19 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

I just bought my Wii U 4 days ago....I just want to see the company that everyone seems to joke about on the other consoles rise up and become a force to be reckoned with

#20 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

Not all of us on here are fans, i didn't get on with the normal Wii,and so used 360/PS3 but as above the WiiU looked intresting so i bought one and am very happy with the console and tbh the amount of games so far. Yes i guess i will buy a PS4 when its launched but by then i should own a decent range of games on the WiiU and will be playing online for free.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!