Photo

Console made for both first party and third party developers!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Pro Pizza! >:D

Pro Pizza! >:D

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:10 AM

Way I see the console is that instead of awsome first party games and poor third party games(no offence) with the first wii, Wii U is appears to be made for all developers, with hd, more power, and the promise of a better online, the console might be the perfect blend of first party and third party games. And hopefully developers(independent ones too!) will make games as great as nintendo's games and that developers will know how to work the console in superb ways(compare first party games to third party games and you will see that nintendo knows to how work their consoles). So the console sounds like it might be nintendo's best console ever.

Agree?
I'm Nub Cakes! :D and I approve this signature... Kinda! :D
R.I.P. Nub Cakes! :D
5/31/11- 12/6/11

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

I say there is potential for that to happen, but 3rd parties need to hold up their end as well. But i also hope they create a variety of games instead of just one genre.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:39 PM

-

Edited by BassDropper, 05 September 2013 - 01:38 AM.

#4 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

The problem with Nintendo and 3rd parties was best demonstrated by the 3DS launch
  • Nintendo tries to be friends with 3rd party
  • They allow 3rd Parties to shine at Launch by not having a heavy 1st party prescience
  • Most 3rd Parties wanted to make a quick buck, so all we got was ports
  • 3rd Parties yell at Nintendo because of poor sales and then don't make anymore games.
  • Everyone complains about lack of 3rd parties for system and n o good games at launch

It either that or the N64 problem
  • Nintendo releases strong 1st party game
  • the 3rd party games don't sell well because of 1st party games
  • 3rd Parties say Nintendo never allows us to shine and stop putting effort into new games
  • Everyone whines at Nintendo for no 3rd Party Support

This how it seems to always be. Hopefully they can change this for the WiiU launch, but I'm doubtful

Also, I'm beginning to get a tad bit ticked. Everyone whines about every action of Nintendo nowdays.

Edited by Lord N, 01 August 2011 - 04:34 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#5 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

I'm just here for first-parties. Don't kill me. :D
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#6 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

The problem with Nintendo and 3rd parties was best demonstrated by the 3DS launch

• They allow 3rd Parties to shine at Launch by not having a heavy 1st party prescience
  • 3rd Parties yell at Nintendo because of poor sales and then don't make anymore games.
  • Everyone complains about lack of 3rd parties for system

• 3rd Parties say Nintendo never allows us to shine and stop putting effort into new games

This how it seems to always be. Hopefully they can change this for the WiiU launch, but I'm doubtful

This has been the problem for years, i have to wait and see how well the launch goes.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#7 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

This has been the problem for years, i have to wait and see how well the launch goes.

Did you not read my 2nd to last line? it just is what you said

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#8 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

Did you not read my 2nd to last line? it just is what you said

Yeah, i know i was just try to give you my kudos to you but i guess i failed at that.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#9 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

• Nintendo releases strong 1st party game that is awesome!
  • the 3rd party games don't sell well because of 1st party games that StreetPassWanter buys.
  • Everyone (except StreetPassWanter) whines at Nintendo for no 3rd Party Support.

That's what happened to me. I'm an Nintendo-only fan. (Sorry, I'm a fanboy.)

Edited by StreetPassWanter, 01 August 2011 - 04:43 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:41 AM

• Everyone complains about lack of 3rd parties for system and n o good games at launch

Also, I'm beginning to get a tad bit ticked. Everyone whines about every action of Nintendo nowdays.

That is why I'm gonna wait 1-2 years after the Wii U's released that I'm gonna buy it. I wanna buy it after a price drop (or two) and then it should have enough games to justify the purchase imo.

I'm still on this forum, but I'm still kinda unsure about the Wii U's success. I guess I'm just gonna wait and see :D

#11 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:41 PM

I was considering getting the Wii U at launch but after the 3DS debacle I am having second thoughts.

If Microsoft announce a new console next year I think Nintendo will be in trouble, even if there is a years gap. Because if its anything like the 3DS, the Wii U won't get enough high quality to rationalise buying one for 6-12 months. This means by the time you are thinking about it, there is the shiny new Xbox which its almost guaranteed WILL get heavy third-party support from the start.

Its a shame as while I prefer Xbox over everything else, because it has a better online system that even blurs the line between online/offline thanks to achievements and other competitive aspects of the single player games (leaderboards, etc). I still would really like the Wii U to do well as I think the new controller could be allow for more virtual reality like gaming than we have had at home before.

For example, look at the golf idea. Now I have tried many golf games over the years and most of them I hated, it just seemed pure guesswork knowing how much power to put on, the angles, etc. However with the controllor on the floor displaying the ball, that all changes. You instinctively use real-life skills to judge the angle, strength, etc, its your own swing that actually determines how it plays out in the game. This is something that just hasn't happened in home console golf games before and could turn them from a "I hate" to "I love".

So I really really hope the Wii U takes off, but I am not sure I will be getting one at launch. The Wii had the same problem, but at least I could play my Gamecube games on it. Ironically if they had kept that feature and especially if they allowed it to upscale them to 1080p, I might be more keen to get a Wii U. But it even sounds like Wii games won't be upscaled, so if I ended up playing games that looked identical to on my existing console (while waiting for good Wii U games), I would be VERY annoyed.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#12 Pro Pizza! >:D

Pro Pizza! >:D

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:10 AM

I'm just here for first-parties. Don't kill me. :D

GET HIM! XP!
I'm Nub Cakes! :D and I approve this signature... Kinda! :D
R.I.P. Nub Cakes! :D
5/31/11- 12/6/11

#13 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:09 AM

If they can have equal launch with First + Thrid Partys The Wii U is gonna Be a Succeses Nintendo Only Relase Pikmin 3 as a launch title im getting Pikmin,Ghost Recon Online,Darksiders 2 and Batman AC at launch!!!!!! and I might get Killer Freaks. NintendoPeople BY THRID PARTYSSSSSS!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#14 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:34 AM

If they can have equal launch with First + Thrid Partys The Wii U is gonna Be a Succeses Nintendo Only Relase Pikmin 3 as a launch title im getting Pikmin,Ghost Recon Online,Darksiders 2 and Batman AC at launch!!!!!! and I might get Killer Freaks. NintendoPeople BY THRID PARTYSSSSSS!!!!!!!

I'd buy 'em if you'd write "by" correct :(

#15 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:59 PM

I think that Nintendo needs to launch with a big game (even if its Kid Icurus(not saying its a small game just saying that its not as well known as mario and zelda)) to give it initial success but they also need to hold back on games as well (only release a game every 2 months or so) to give a chance for 3rd parties to sell well and maybe even get deals with them to release their games earlyer on the wiiU or with added content
Posted Image

#16 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

Warning! Large assumption ahead! DO NOT KILL THE FREE THINKER! X_X

I think that this system could almost literally be a perfect storm in terms of games. It can play the casual, easy to pick up games with the easy-to-learn Wiimote/Nunchuck combo, and it can play the more 'hardcore' games with the Wii U tablet, and vice versa. This could be one of the best systems released. (Please no fanboy stabbings/rageflaming my thoughts Dx)

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#17 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

GET HIM! XP!

No!
Posted Image

#18 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:35 AM

End of the day guys comes down to how much money the first role out if games make. Pretty much all 3rd party games will be ports aside from a small few which will try and incorporate the tablet and will most likely fail or be mediocre(like the wiimote wrecked metroid). The wii u is too risky for developers to focus on it. Unless everyone goes crazy over the system. If u put a pc gamer in a room with s xbox ps3 and wii u see which one he picks up first there is ur winner

Warning! Large assumption ahead! DO NOT KILL THE FREE THINKER! X_X

I think that this system could almost literally be a perfect storm in terms of games. It can play the casual, easy to pick up games with the easy-to-learn Wiimote/Nunchuck combo, and it can play the more 'hardcore' games with the Wii U tablet, and vice versa. This could be one of the best systems released. (Please no fanboy stabbings/rageflaming my thoughts Dx)

Thats exactly wat the xnox and ps3 are now

#19 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:46 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#20 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

End of the day guys comes down to how much money the first role out if games make. Pretty much all 3rd party games will be ports aside from a small few which will try and incorporate the tablet and will most likely fail or be mediocre(like the wiimote wrecked metroid). The wii u is too risky for developers to focus on it. Unless everyone goes crazy over the system. If u put a pc gamer in a room with s xbox ps3 and wii u see which one he picks up first there is ur winner

Thats exactly wat the xnox and ps3 are now

You lost me at "The wiimote killed Metroid" which is the single biggest lie I've heard in a very long time. I think you're just annoyed it doesn't use a dual-stick controller. (Why do people think that the Wiimote makes FPS worse/harder? I find it a heck of alot easier than fumbling with the dual-stick controllers...) Also, while the PS360 has now been getting more casual games, Nintendo will simply win over those with their first party releases...Little Big Planet for the PS3 has sold...almost 4.5 million units. (Source: http://gamrreview.vg...ittlebigplanet/), while Super Mario Galaxy has sold...just a small amount under 9.5 million. (Source: http://gamrreview.vg...r-mario-galaxy/) And I'm honestly not sure what 'casual'-genre smash-hit Microsoft has put out, but as compared to the multitude of Nintendo's casual games (Mario, the Mii series, etc) I'm not sure that Sony/Microsoft could come up with anything just as memorable as Mario.

Pretty much all 3rd party games will be ports aside from a small few which will try and incorporate the tablet and will most likely fail or be mediocre.

Wii U exclusive Tekken title, Ghost Recon Online, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Killer Freaks from Outer Space...those aren't ports. o_o...

Also, let me clear up what I meant by "Perfect storm". What I mean is that this system will get very, VERY good casual games from Nintendo, and other publishers from the past-generation Wii (who also made casual games) will have a system they can still make games for (with the Wiimote and Tablet) and a system that more 'hardcore' developers can get behind.

The wii u is too risky for developers to focus on it. Unless everyone goes crazy over the system. If u put a pc gamer in a room with s xbox ps3 and wii u see which one he picks up first there is ur winner

So, let's put a PC gamer in a room with the PS360, and the Wii U, your assumption is that they'll go for the systems that've been out for 6 years, instead of trying out the new game tech? Riiight...

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!