Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

LONDON — Queen Elizabeth II, who is 86, was admitted to a London hospital on Sunday after experiencing symptoms of gastroenteritis, according to a statement issued by Buckingham Palace. The statement said that all the queen’s engagements for the next week would be postponed or canceled, including a two-day visit to Italy that was scheduled to begin on Wednesday. She had already skipped one event, a military parade in Swansea, Wales, on Friday, because of the illness.

A palace spokesman described the queen’s hospitalization on Sunday as “a precautionary measure.” The BBC’s royal correspondent, citing palace officials, said the queen was expected to remain in the hospital for about two days. Emphasizing that there had been no emergency, the palace said that the Queen was taken to the King Edward VII Hospital in central London from Windsor Castle, a distance of 20 miles, by private car. Other than the gastroenteritis symptoms, the spokesman said, the queen was in good health and “in good spirits,” and was moved to the hospital “simply to enable doctors to better assess her.”

When the news broke, a crowd of well-wishers gathered behind police barriers outside the hospital’s main entrance in central London.

In 61 years on the throne, the Queen has generally enjoyed sturdy good health. She was last hospitalized in 2003, for an operation to repair damaged cartilage in her knee, which she twisted when visiting the Newmarket racecourse 75 miles north of London.

Gastroenteritis is an inflammation of the stomach lining and intestines. Medical experts in Britain said that depending on the specific cause, it can be highly infectious, transmitted through contact with an infected person or with contaminated food or drink. One common type of gastroenteritis, caused by a virus known as norovirus, has been widespread in Britain in recent months.

ttp://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/04/world/europe/queen-elizabeth-ii-admitted-to-hospital.html?_r=0

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

I'm sure she'll be fine

But i dont particularly care about the royal family

Edited by Hunter, 04 March 2013 - 12:10 AM.

#3 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

this woman is going to live to be 100

#4 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

I'm sure she'll be fine

But i dont particularly care about the royal family

I love it when you see Americans who love the royal family as it's not like they fought a war of independence or anything. :P

#5 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

I love it when you see Americans who love the royal family as it's not like they fought a war of independence or anything. :P

I'll never understand why anyone loves the royal family, not just Americans.

#6 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

I'll never understand why anyone loves the royal family, not just Americans.

Same, I still find it more amusing as they fought a war to escape it.

#7 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

She's fine everyone :/

http://forums.watchu...ie-so-close.png

Edited by Penguin101, 08 March 2013 - 08:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!