YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

http://www.vulture.c...never-made.html

It really was the most amicable and undramatic of breakups: It was simply that we had a deadline and I couldn’t get the story to work on a level that I wanted it to work. I was very unhappy with Spider-Man 3, and I wanted to make Spider-Man 4 to end on a very high note, the best Spider-Man of them all. But I couldn’t get the script together in time, due to my own failings, and I said to Sony, “I don’t want to make a movie that is less than great, so I think we shouldn’t make this picture. Go ahead with your reboot, which you’ve been planning anyway.” And [Sony co-chairman] Amy Pascal said, “Thank you. Thank you for not wasting the studio’s money, and I appreciate your candor.” So we left on the best of terms, both of us trying to do the best thing for fans, the good name of Spider-Man, and Sony Studios.

That's really unfortunate.

I would of rather have Spiderman 4 then the abomination that is The Amazing Spiderman. Spideman 3 wasn't bad, it had its moments, but the final ten minutes with Venom were ass. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

The Amazing Spider-Man is far better than any of the Raimi movies, which were ok movies, but terrible adaptations. 

#3 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

I thought the Amazing Spiderman movie was better then the other three. Although my opinion doesn't matter, only Pwn's does.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#4 ode.111

ode.111

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gamecenter CX, Metroid Prime, Diablo II

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

I hated the amazing spiderman movie. I still prefer the first or the second movie. :D

#5 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

I have to go with those who preferred The Amazing Spider-Man.

Posted Image

#6 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

going with amazing. i wasnt a fan of the other 3, but then again im not a fan of spiderman in general.

#7 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Sam Raimi is a terrible film maker when it comes to making ANYTHING with a budget over $13,000,000, like George Remaro, once they get multi-million dollar budgets they suddenly make piles of crap, or meh at best.  Stick to Evil Dead, buckets of OTT gore, slapstick comedy, no holds barred horror and Bruce Campbell Sam. You'll do fine :) 

I loved The Amazing Spiderman! Can't wait for a sequel!

Edited by Penguin101, 09 March 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

I've loved all the Spiderman movies Raimi's were awesome for thier time, but damn The Amazing Spiderman was on a whole other level, I adored it, I'm super stoked for The Amazing Spiderman 2, Andrew Garfield at first I thought he would be a terrible Peter Parker but he proved me wrong and nailed it so. Glad the break up of the original movies was not on bitter terms though.

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 09 March 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#9 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

I still prefer Spiderman 1 and 2 to Amazing Spiderman. I think Maguire made a more believable Peter Parker than Garfield, as he is far too attractive and in no way seems like the complete loser that Peter is supposed to be. I also dont think Amazing Spiderman brought anything new to the character, web shooters and a new suit arent exciting enough to make me love this film more than the originals. I still enjoyed Amazing Spiderman and I'm excited for the sequel (im excited for anything involving my favourite superhero) but I think some people are forgetting just how perfect Spiderman 2 was and only choose to remember the many flaws of 3 (which was very poor IMO). There are lots of things Marc Webb can do with the new series, but thats really only because of the formula that Raimi and his writing team set up with the original films and I'm sad he never managed to give the original series the high note it deserved to end on.

once they get multi-million dollar budgets they suddenly make piles of crap, or meh at best.

Also George Lucas and Steven Spielberg (mostly Lucas though who seems to be CGI obsessed).

#10 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

I prefer the Amazing Spiderman to Raimi's run.  The only good thing about his movies were the side characters (Sandman, James Jonah Jameson, Aunt May, etc) and what it brought to the universe.  Toby's Spiderman was a pretty awful character I never cared for, could relate to, or ever felt sorry for.  Not only that, but the movies almost ignored the comics completely, his webbing isn't his power, Gwen Stacy is no super model, etc.  The writing was pretty bad when it came to spider-man and parker, but it was great for Sandman's relationship.

It's a shame, as Raimi has shown himself to be capable of making great movies, hence the Evil Dead series.

in no way seems like the complete loser that Peter is supposed to be.

You sure about that?  Peter is no loser in the comics (a bit of a nerd before his powers), but he is borderline average/cool; not to mention several important character seem to treat spiderman like a god in the comics (The best example is Spider-Man: Spider Island).

I prefer to relate to spiderman as a character facing everyday issues, as opposed to a depressed kid whom everyone hates for no real reason.

#11 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

You sure about that?  Peter is no loser in the comics (a bit of a nerd before his powers), but he is borderline average/cool; not to mention several important character seem to treat spiderman like a god in the comics (The best example is Spider-Man: Spider Island).

I prefer to relate to spiderman as a character facing everyday issues, as opposed to a depressed kid whom everyone hates for no real reason.

I dont know which comic series you are referring to, you might be thinking of Ultimate Spider-man which is what the new film takes a lot of inspiration from (skinny spider-man, father is a scientist working for Oscorp etc.) In the original series he is most certainly an anti-social loser with an inferiority complex, he lets everyone just walk all over him.  His only friend is Harry Osborn and it is only when he becomes Spider-man that he begins to have some confidence in himself.

The scene at the beginning of the first movie with the school bus particularly shows how Peter Parker should be portrayed.

#12 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

I dont know which comic series you are referring to, you might be thinking of Ultimate Spider-man which is what the new film takes a lot of inspiration from (skinny spider-man, father is a scientist working for Oscorp etc.) In the original series he is most certainly an anti-social loser with an inferiority complex, he lets everyone just walk all over him.  His only friend is Harry Osborn and it is only when he becomes Spider-man that he begins to have some confidence in himself.

The scene at the beginning of the first movie with the school bus particularly shows how Peter Parker should be portrayed.

Oh no, I am talking about the main series.  Parker was anti-social and a nerd, but he wasn't as pathetic as he was portrayed in the movies.

Sure, the Amazing SpiderMan did draw more from the Ultimate Universe, but his character seemed more in tune with (I don't know which universe they call it, 6601?)

But then again, so much rewriting goes on with Spider-man, my memory might just be a little hazy (like when he made a deal with Mepthisto to trade Mary Jane for a normal life, losing his spider sense, and his recent death and replacement with Doc Oc Superior Spider-man.)

#13 Nomad

Nomad

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

I'd rather of had Spider-Man 4, too. ASM was a great movie, but the originals were better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!