Photo

Did Sonic Racing kill your interest in Mario Kart U?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

I own Sonic & All-Stars Racing yet im still looking forward to Mario Kart on Wii U, anyone else still interested in Mario Kart or did Sonic turned you away from the series?

Edited by The Wakasyamo Fan, 09 March 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#2 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

i love sonic racing but im excited for mario kart u because it's so iconic. also mario kart will have a more stable online community

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#3 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

I think Sonic Racing is better than any of the past Mario Karts. I'll probably still buy the new Mario Kart but I'll wait and see what it offers first to decide if Sonic Racing is better or not.

#4 Spinal

Spinal

Blooper

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

no it didn't, atleast not for me.

Posted Image

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

It just made me more interested in the next Mario Kart.

Signature_DK.png

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

Nope. It sucks.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#7 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

Nope. It sucks.

Sonic or Mario?

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

I'm more than content with Sonic, being a huge Sega fan made the game that much better for me...but I love kart racers and Mario Kart is always a good time so I will still pick that up.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#9 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Sonic or Mario?

Sonic All Star Racing was pretty horrible. Controls were trash, online was always dead, and they force you play the horrible story mode to unlock characters. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're a fan of the series.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#10 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

Sonic All Star Racing was pretty horrible. Controls were trash, online was always dead, and they force you play the horrible story mode to unlock characters. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're a fan of the series.

i guess your one opinion out-weighs the hundreds of opinions saying it's better than mario kart

636416_0.jpg

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

i guess your one opinion out-weighs the hundreds of opinions saying it's better than mario kart

Chill.

Learn how to handle an opinion. Just because I didn't like it doesn't mean other people won't. I never stated that my opinion was "final". 

#12 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Chill.

Learn how to handle an opinion. Just because I didn't like it doesn't mean other people won't. I never stated that my opinion was "final". 

you dont have to say it's horrible when that isn't the case, you stated that as if it was a fact when you are the minority. you also said the controls were trash without elaborating whatsoever. it's also a given the online is dead, all wii u games are dead online. god forbid they have unlockable characters to entice you to play their story mode that has 10x the content mario kart has. you could've just said you personally didn't like the game

636416_0.jpg

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

you dont have to say it's horrible when that isn't the case, you stated that as if it was a fact when you are the minority. you also said the controls were trash without elaborating whatsoever. it's also a given the online is dead, all wii u games are dead online. god forbid they have unlockable characters to entice you to play their story mode that has 10x the content mario kart has. you could've just said you personally didn't like the game

Fact=/opinion.

Point out to me where in my post I said it was a fact. So I automatically have to go into great detail when expressing my opinion? You seem "personally" offended because I didn't like the game. That's really unfortunate. 

Acceptance is key here. I didn't call out anybody's else opinion on the game, you shouldn't be targeting mines. I'm done with you, feel free to reply though. 

#14 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Fact=/opinion.

Point out to me where in my post I said it was a fact. So I automatically have to go into great detail when expressing my opinion? You seem "personally" offended because I didn't like the game. That's really unfortunate. 

Acceptance is key here. I didn't call out anybody's else opinion on the game, you shouldn't be targeting mines. I'm done with you, feel free to reply though. 

when you're that broad with your statements you come off as ignorant just so you know

636416_0.jpg

#15 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

when you're that broad with your statements you come off as ignorant just so you know

while reading this, you actually sound like the ignorant one. You are offended at his opinion and trying to tell him he's wrong which is stupid because opinions are opinions! Just because someone's opinion is the minority opinion doesn't mean they are wrong!!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#16 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Now that, thats over.... 

Hm no and yes. I like how you play through races and challenges in a single player mode, with unlockables. Reminds me of hour the Smash Bros. Series. I think that was my favorite part, the challenges, and they did the transformations much better than in MK7. Though Sonic is missing the magic of Mario Kart.

I'm gussing following MK7, and Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, Mario Kart U will probably feature transformations. I like the items better in Mario Kart though, lighting, Bullet Bills. Thinking towards the future, I'll probably buy both titles if the next Sonic Racing is any good.

Stupid Snowmads!

#17 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

Your intelligence level rivals Kirbylover. 

That exactly isn't a good thing. 

#18 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

No not really, the game is really fun and better than the previous version adding more speed to it, but the more i play it the more i lose interest, it doesn't happen with Mario Kart but the game has really weird items that just don't make any sence that are not apart of Sega.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#19 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

No, not at all. Personally, I didn't like it as much as Mario Kart. The courses were very cool and kind of reminded me of Diddy Kong Racing for some reason, but they weren't much better than Mario Kart's and to me the characters and weapons felt inferior. It was still fun, but I like Mario Kart more.

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#20 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

Your intelligence level rivals Kirbylover. 

That exactly isn't a good thing. 

making assumptions like that is really cool i guess

636416_0.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!