• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

ALRIGHT

So i hear feld0 wants the chat DED

DED I SAY

Well i'm not having any of it! I've been a member of these forums for a month or two now and i feel that the chat is vitally important to the forum's popularity.

Just look at this chat quote from Saturn! (Forum member)

yiWC23T.gif

Also, the chat is nice because we get to literally chat with eachother without having to make a long, monotonous series of forum posts, or going through the private messaging system. Many people love the forums BECAUSE of the chat. Really.

I honestly love these forums. I have been searching for ages for a decent and fun forum, and this is it. I would hate it if my favorite people left because of no chat. I really wish feld0 wouldn't take out his own anger on us by taking away what we love the most about these forums. It's probably the most interactive thing here.

TL;DR: feld0, stop being emo and keep the chat

(No offense intended)

Wise words from Saturn:

The sites problems dont come from the chat but the forums themselves. The solution is to hire more mods and not to destroy a feature of this site.

Edited by Quote, 09 March 2013 - 04:42 PM.

86c.gif

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

The sites problems dont come from the chat but the forums themselves. The solution is to hire more mods and not to destroy a feature of this site.

Signature_DK.png

#3 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Save the chat!

Some members really enjoy chat and they can go there if they need advice. Don't punish the good because of the bad.

bb0.gif

#4 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

POPULAR

I'm not taking anything out on anyone. I would just like to review the logs and see if it is detrimental to the community here as a whole. Chatrooms, by their very nature, are exponentially more difficult to moderate than forums, and the very spontaneity that the chat regulars love about it is what makes it so difficult to moderate.

Moreover, considering that chat message are seen once and then almost never again, they don't add any publicly visible content to the site, which is sort of what forum communities are all about.

If you want the chatroom to remain, show us that you can use it responsibly and in a balance with the public forums, rather than starting a "campaign" to "save" it. The fate of the chatroom rests on what we see in the logs, not what you say about it on the forums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!