Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

As the thread title implies this is A Monster Hunter Tournament! Now, Allow me to explain the rules.This is a Time tournament with three different divisions. Single Time, Double Team Time , and 4 Team Time. Everybody who wants to participate in this tournament must be a member of this forum(only to keep track of everybody). Decide which Monster you or your Team want to Hunt and record your time! Most of us here have never played a Monster Hunter game so the tournament should be pretty equal. The tournament will begin on March 23 and end on May12. I will post the top three Times in each division daily. 

4 Team Time division rules: choose 3 other people you would like to battle with and create a team name. Please send users Pms instead of asking them on this thread. If you want to participate in the 4 team Time Division but don't have a team to join with, then please post here.You may only join one team(to avoid having to many teams). Your whole 4 team party does not have to be present in order to record your teams time in this division.

4 Team Time Division Scoreboard

Spoiler

Double Time Team Division

Spoiler

Single Team Time Division

Spoiler

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me. Now lets start  Hunting!

Edited by Goomba, 09 March 2013 - 11:18 PM.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#2 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Ernitis
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

Are there in-game prizez?

Edited by Ernitis, 10 March 2013 - 05:59 AM.

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

#3 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Are there in-game prizez?

As of this point, No. Just Glory.

Posted Image

#4 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

As of this point, No. Just Glory.

Good enough for me :D

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

#5 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

I call dibs on Cerb!

#6 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

I'll probably join if I decide to get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I'll tell you if I get it, and if I join the tournament or not.

#7 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'm in, but I'm not getting it at launch, because I can't. I will definitely get it soon though.

EDIT: Dat Alatreon better watch out for me...

Edited by Alianjaro, 10 March 2013 - 03:27 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

I will...

Rape Gigginox like no one's whore.
  • Goom and like this

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

I will only take part in the Single Team Time Division.

LordPickleton.png

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

I'm in, but I'm not getting it at launch, because I can't. I will definitely get it soon though.

EDIT: Dat Alatreon better watch out for me...

Heh, just fired tri up for one last go before the end of the line.

Got together with a few old freinds and we put on our old armor/weapons from the first time we took down alatreon.

That was intense.

Then we put back on our jho/alatreon gear.

Poor alatreon XD.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

I will only take part in the Single Team Time Division.

Whelp, all the single team glory goes to you.

#12 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

I can't say I fully understand..

So one team could pick Alatreon and the other team Great Jaggi. Obviously Great Jaggi team is going to win on the time limit, does that make them the winners?

• Kao likes this

#13 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

I can't say I fully understand..

So one team could pick Alatreon and the other team Great Jaggi. Obviously Great Jaggi team is going to win on the time limit, does that make them the winners?

Same question here!

-Kao the kangaroo

#14 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

Any team can fight any monster they want to fight. There is no limit to how many times you can fight the same monster aswell. Each monster has it's own Top 3 time rank. Does that clarify the rules for you?

Posted Image

#15 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Each monster has it's own Top 3 time rank. Does that clarify the rules for you?

Won't that require an incredible amount of participants?

I'd say a smarter system would be to set up team divisions, like 2-person division and then make them fight a specific set of monsters, the team that beats the most monsters the fastest are proclaimed the winner.

• Kao likes this

#16 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Won't that require an incredible amount of participants?

I'd say a smarter system would be to set up team divisions, like 2-person division and then make them fight a specific set of monsters, the team that beats the most monsters the fastest are proclaimed the winner.

I agree, that wloud make it a "Tournament"!

-Kao the kangaroo

#17 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

WaddleDee, on 11 Mar 2013 - 14:18, said:Won't that require an incredible amount of participants?

I see your point. I'll keep the 4 team time division and Single time team division rules the same. But from now on you can make as many double teams as you want. Also, for the Double teams we can have them fight a specific monster on a certain day. Whoever has the best time will be the winner of that monster. Whomever has the most monster deaths at the end of the tournament will be proclaimed the best monster hunter!

Posted Image

#18 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

I guess I'm in, because i have my namesday (Day where everyone of the same name celebrates their name like a birthday) on the 13th so I'll be preordering.

-Kao the kangaroo

#19 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Heh, just fired tri up for one last go before the end of the line.
Got together with a few old freinds and we put on our old armor/weapons from the first time we took down alatreon.
That was intense.
Then we put back on our jho/alatreon gear.
Poor alatreon XD.

I was thinking of fireing it up to lol but I decided to finish up Mario for wiiu. Might do another run through of fire emblem. All I know is I can't wait.

#20 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

Acctually I'm not so sure I'm in because it IS expensive for a namesday so I'll maybe get it for my Birthday, the one where i turn 13! (plus I will be able to use Miiverses friend requestin system!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_day

Latvia

In Latvia, name days (in Latvian "vārdadienas") are settled on certain dates; each day (except for February 29 in leap year) is a name day.[3] Usually Latvian calendars list up to four names each day - around 1,000 names a year. Recently an extended calendar with around 5,000 names was published, and there are also a few extended calendars found on the Internet listing names even on February 29. February 29 is a popular date to celebrate name days of people who do not have a name day; another such date is May 22. People who do not have name days in ordinary calendars can enjoy many variations when to celebrate - on February 29 or May 22 and, if they have their name in an extended calendar or in the church calendar, on the date listed there (so in leap year such a person can choose from 2 to 4 dates when to celebrate). The Latvian name days calendar is updated at one or two-year intervals; anyone can suggest a name for the calendar, usually by sending an application to the State Language Centre ("Valsts valodas centrs").

Celebrations are very much like birthday celebrations. It is popular to celebrate name days in one's workplace - usually the one that has a name day prepares snacks for well-wishers, and during the day colleagues arrive one after another with flowers, sweets and small presents to greet him. Sometimes, especially in smaller companies, a certain time is set for the main celebrations. It is normal to come to a name day celebration without an invitation. At school one is expected to arrive with candy for classmates and teachers. Celebrating name days at home is not as popular as celebrating a birthday, although it may vary depending on the period of time between one's birthday and name day; usually one will eat cake with household members and receive presents.

Edited by Ernitis, 12 March 2013 - 11:34 AM.

-Kao the kangaroo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tournament, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!