• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Dough

Dough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Please note we will not discuss why you think one direction sucks, this is an appreciation thread; if you don't like them that's fine, just leave and care less about this thread. As we all know hate posts will not be tolerated so avoid them or else I will have to take the bug by reporting you, as you know you don't want this to happen as neither I. If a flame-war starts don't blame on yours truly.

I'm surprised this forums doesn't have a One Direction dedicated thread, they are very popular. I like their music; I think think they are great because they look pretty good, know how to sing and get all the chicks; "the swag o' meter scores high in them". No wonder why they are successful. They are like a idol image to many fans, and yes; directioner boys exist. I'll like someday to shape my hair like Harry Styles.

One Direction are an English-Irish pop boy band based in London, consisting of members Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, and Louis Tomlinson. They signed with Simon Cowell's record label Syco Records after being formed and finishing third in the seventh series of British television singing competition The X Factor in 2010. Propelled to international success by the power of social media, their two albums Up All Night (2011) and Take Me Home (2012), broke several records, topped the charts of most major markets, and generated hit singles, including "What Makes You Beautiful" and "Live While We're Young".

Often described as sparking the resurgence in the boy band concept, and of forming part of a new "British Invasion" in the United States, the group have sold over 14 million singles and 8 million albums, according to the band's management company, Modest! Management. Their achievements include two BRIT Awards and three MTV Video Music Awards. According to Nick Gatfield, the chairman and chief executive of Sony Music Entertainment UK, One Direction represented a $50 million business empire by June 2012. They were proclaimed 2012's "Top New Artist" by Billboard, while The Huffington Post named 2012 "The Year of One Direction".

Members:
Harry Edward Styles
Liam James Payne
Louis William Tomlinson
Niall James Horan
Zain Javadd «Zayn» Malik

Here are some of their most influential songs I like, maybe you've herd of them elsewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGPeNN9S0Fg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbPED9bisSc

Edited by Dough, 10 March 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

In two years : "What the Wii is One Direction?"

#3 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Dude, 99% of guys and girls older than 18 think they suck. And they do suck. I hope this is just a joke or something, because I really don't see anything good about their music except that it's not the worst I've heard on the radio. 

Ok that sounds a bit harsh, but really, good luck finding people on here who appreciate them or their music.

No sig.

#4 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

I thought this topic was a joke.

#5 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

lol "swag o meter". If someone I knew used a phrase like that in real life I'd punch them.

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

One Direction  is better than Michael Jackson.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

One Direction  is better than Michael Jackson.

At failing.

#8 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

i despair when i see how bad the music scene has gotten and people are genuinely happy with it ignorance truly is bliss it seems each to their own i suppose.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#9 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

They only play one song on the radio by them

#10 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Harry is smoking hot and the best part is he is actually gay. I'm not lying,he is dating another member.

Signature_DK.png

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

The music industry is dieing, the most popular singers can't sing live these days, take X-Factor for instance, most of the contestants can sing better than the judges but look how famous they are, I honestly think Rock music is where it's at, most bands sound just as good live as they do on CD, all the songs they write themselves, most with REAL emotion, they don't use autotune and it actually requires talent to be in a band. But still the sheeple of the world will still support talentless douches and kill of one of the most awesome genres. Still there are some awesome Rock albums coming out this year and for me 2013 is the year of ROCK. ROCK ON FOR LIFE!!!!!!!

#12 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Harry is smoking hot and the best part is he is actually gay. I'm not lying,he is dating another member.

Wasn't he dating Taylor Swift the other week or something?

#13 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

I'm changing this topic to "Freddy Mercury Appreciation Thread". Because He has more talent then all of them combined.

Beautiful-Freddie-freddie-mercury-222258

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#14 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/28/17131625-harry-styles-shoe-tosser-apologizes-for-hitting-him-at-one-direction-concert?lite

aww, Harry got hit by a shoe!

Edited by stardust, 20 March 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#15 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Remember, this is a appreciation thread. So I guess I have to say they have the ability to sing. I am not sure I am very fond of their songs though. Actually, i'm not sure if I like boy bands in general. 

There have definitely been better boy bands than One Direction in the past. 

Like N-Sync. 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#16 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

The music industry is dieing, the most popular singers can't sing live these days, take X-Factor for instance, most of the contestants can sing better than the judges but look how famous they are, I honestly think Rock music is where it's at, most bands sound just as good live as they do on CD, all the songs they write themselves, most with REAL emotion, they don't use autotune and it actually requires talent to be in a band. But still the sheeple of the world will still support talentless douches and kill of one of the most awesome genres. Still there are some awesome Rock albums coming out this year and for me 2013 is the year of ROCK. ROCK ON FOR LIFE!!!!!!!

especially this band-

very good

Signature_Fox.png

#17 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:27 AM

WomboKingKombo, on 21 Mar 2013 - 01:38, said:especially this band- good

Wow they are awesome, thank's for sharing some proper music :D

WomboKingKombo, on 21 Mar 2013 - 01:38, said:especially this band- good

Hey you should check out this band Imagine Dragons, they have only just started out, here is their first album Night Visions:

You gotta listen to the whole thing though it's an amazing piece of work. This is real music.

#18 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

Edited by WoIf, 24 March 2013 - 11:17 PM.

#19 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

alexandra burke>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>one direction

#20 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Wasn't he dating Taylor Swift the other week or something?

I'm pretty sure everybody dated Taylor Swift one week.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: directioner, music, pop, england, teen, swag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!